Post-Game Talk: #64| Flyers at Lightning | March 7, 2023

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Perry had it coming to him.

Dick move (so to speak)? Yeah, but it also was nice seeing some fire.

I don’t want to watch a bunch of robotic white-collar businessmen out there.

If Konecny did it, people would be supporting it.
Totally shocking you come to support such a move.

You think if TK did it people would be complaining?
A spear to the genitals is never a good move. And yes I have called out Flyers for shit tactics even while sitting in the arena.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
JVR is definitely trying, his career is flashing before his eyes (lack of interest at the TDL doesn't bode well for his next contract). He's been pressing for a month, maybe the cliff looms?

Tippett had another good game, and Frost played well, they're a good pair, maybe they can carry Farabee to the end of the season.

Hayes and JVR playing together is probably b/c they're both gone, let the kids play together. Playing Hayes at center is probably to showcase that he can still do it to some extent.

Laughton - Cates - Lemieux does show that as much as Torts likes Laughton and Cates, he sees their future as a 3rd line energy line - even if you eventually switch out Lemieux for Allison, that's not a line destined to score a lot of goals.

Sanheim had a horrid 1st period, really bad turnover in the D-zone followed by a lazy penalty. He's got his head up his ass right now - and it isn't Torts - this system plays to his strengths - York is being pushed to be more aggressive on offense and is responding, Sanheim is MIA.

Why does Torts play TDA? Yes, his defense sucks and he's got a screw loose, but what other D-man can make passes out of the D-zone to a forward 30' away right on the tape? Or even tries?

The Flyers looked intimated until they went down 4-1 after Hart blew the last goal by falling down, then they seemed to relax and play their game. Same problem they have against the best skill teams, they're just not quick enough or skilled enough to finish plays in the O-zone or get the puck back in the D-zone when the windows get smaller.

Laczynski should have been sent down for two weeks, he's not in shape coming off a high ankle injury, so look for his minutes to be limited for a few games. Once he's in shape, I expect he'll get a lot of minutes to see where he fits next season.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
1678287588702.png

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
JVR is definitely trying, his career is flashing before his eyes (lack of interest at the TDL doesn't bode well for his next contract). He's been pressing for a month, maybe the cliff looms?

Tippett had another good game, and Frost played well, they're a good pair, maybe they can carry Farabee to the end of the season.

Hayes and JVR playing together is probably b/c they're both gone, let the kids play together. Playing Hayes at center is probably to showcase that he can still do it to some extent.

Laughton - Cates - Lemieux does show that as much as Torts likes Laughton and Cates, he sees their future as a 3rd line energy line - even if you eventually switch out Lemieux for Allison, that's not a line destined to score a lot of goals.

Sanheim had a horrid 1st period, really bad turnover in the D-zone followed by a lazy penalty. He's got his head up his ass right now - and it isn't Torts - this system plays to his strengths - York is being pushed to be more aggressive on offense and is responding, Sanheim is MIA.

Why does Torts play TDA? Yes, his defense sucks and he's got a screw loose, but what other D-man can make passes out of the D-zone to a forward 30' away right on the tape? Or even tries?

The Flyers looked intimated until they went down 4-1 after Hart blew the last goal by falling down, then they seemed to relax and play their game. Same problem they have against the best skill teams, they're just not quick enough or skilled enough to finish plays in the O-zone or get the puck back in the D-zone when the windows get smaller.

Laczynski should have been sent down for two weeks, he's not in shape coming off a high ankle injury, so look for his minutes to be limited for a few games. Once he's in shape, I expect he'll get a lot of minutes to see where he fits next season.

There was actually quite a lot of interest in JVR at the deadline. Fletcher is a failure.

Why do you constantly make up nonsense?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There was actually quite a lot of interset in JVR at the deadline. Fletcher is a failure.

Why do you constantly make up nonsense?
There was not a lot of interest, why do yo make up nonsense?
If there was a lot of legitimate interest, he wouldn't be a Flyer, duh.

Fletcher waited too long, but teams simply didn't value JVR enough to take on his cap hit at the last minute - if a team wants a player, it figures out how to make it work.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Fletcher waited too long, but teams simply didn't value JVR enough to take on his cap hit at the last minute - if a team wants a player, it figures out how to make it work.

It was widely and constantly reported that a slew teams were interested in JVR. Fletcher is the worst negotiator in league history.

Once you understand that Fletcher is potentially as bad or worse than Milbury, then things like this will stop being a mystery to you and you won't have to make things up.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

There were at least 4 teams willing to take him. That's interest just because your boy Chuck waited and is a known bottom doesn't make that any less valid.

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018

Oh please. Fletcher asked for too much (a 2nd rounder AND 3rd rounder), and he waited too long. He's an awful GM. It's reality. Deal with it.

You think if TK did it people would be complaining?
Absolutely. It was a total loser move from one of the biggest losers on this loser roster within this total loser organization.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There are no verified offers of any kind.
"Interest" means someone made a phone call and discussed it for five minutes.
I'm still waiting for the post-mortem, that is, some reporter actually finding out if anyone made a legitimate offer.

I'm sure Fletcher could have dumped him for a 4th had he been willing to a few days before the TDL, but it's obvious that no one had serious interest (i.e. offering anything of real value) or the deal would have been done.

JVR is a good example where metrics inflate the value of a player, JVR looked better on paper than on ice.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm still waiting for the post-mortem, that is, some reporter actually finding out if anyone made a legitimate offer.

I'm sure Fletcher could have dumped him for a 4th had he been willing to a few days before the TDL, but it's obvious that no one had serious interest (i.e. offering anything of real value) or the deal would have been done.

JVR is a good example where metrics inflate the value of a player, JVR looked better on paper than on ice.

This level of denial is considered unhealthy.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Considering he made all of 17 calls at the deadline, he certainly wasn't doing very much work actually trying to sell JVR. He's a lazy sack of shit.
Consider that there’s well over 17 teams who are either in playoff position or in the wildcard hunt.

So even if he didn’t call any team 2 or more times, he still didn’t even get in contact with every team at least once.

And obviously not every team needed him, but you have to call to at least check.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

There was a reported trade that was completed based on a second deal going down. The second deal was to fit the cap space so someone valued JvR enough to try to make a effort but when that trade went south Fletch packed up his bags without going back to other offers. Again lazy GM work.

That deal went south 30 minutes before the deadline he had time to work the phones and get in the queue as long as it was a one team deal.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Consider that there’s well over 17 teams who are either in playoff position or in the wildcard hunt.

So even if he didn’t call any team 2 or more times, he still didn’t even get in contact with every team at least once.

And obviously not every team needed him, but you have to call to at least check.
Do we have any evidence that Chuck made 17 calls about JVR? He had more than that to put on offer, and I interpreted that as "we made 17 calls total." We have reason to believe 1 was to Columbus laying the groundwork for a Hayes deal in the offseason, at least 1 each for the MacEwen and Brown trades, so for JVR, Seeler, Braun, there were rumors of a couple calls about Provorov, and any of the other random calls, we're looking at maybe 14 across all of those.

Reactions: Striiker

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
The Flyers had a slim chance to tie the game, and the coach is actually defending the clown who took a terrible, selfish penalty that ended the contest. It just shows what a phony Torts is.
Sandheim and Farabee take 2 penalties and get benched . TDA takes a 5 min major dick move penalty and Tort's defends him and say he wishes Sandheim and Farabee played more like TDA . You can't make this shit up . Tort's is a piece of shit .

pooch

May 30, 2017
Do we have any evidence that Chuck made 17 calls about JVR? He had more than that to put on offer, and I interpreted that as "we made 17 calls total." We have reason to believe 1 was to Columbus laying the groundwork for a Hayes deal in the offseason, at least 1 each for the MacEwen and Brown trades, so for JVR, Seeler, Braun, there were rumors of a couple calls about Provorov, and any of the other random calls, we're looking at maybe 14 across all of those.
What do we think a potential Hayes to Columbus deal looks like in the offseason?

Sandheim and Farabee take 2 penalties and get benched . TDA takes a 5 min major dick move penalty and Tort's defends him and say he wishes Sandheim and Farabee played more like TDA . You can't make this shit up . Tort's is a piece of shit .
I'm not a Torts fan at all, but I dont think he means he wants Sanheim and Farabee to be spearing people in the nuts. I think he means he'd like to see them a little more fiery or aggressive than they are now. I'm just guessing here, but it seems kind of dumb to think he meant he wants them to be dirty.

Reactions: tucson83

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
And I’m sure this is also true. My point is it’s literally impossible for him to have actively tried to trade JVR, even if we ignore all other context, like what you mentioned here. 17 calls is a minuscule amount.

100% indefensible failure by this worthless prick.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad