Post-Game Talk: #64| Flyers at Lightning | March 7, 2023

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Sandheim and Farabee take 2 penalties and get benched . TDA takes a 5 min major dick move penalty and Tort's defends him and say he wishes Sandheim and Farabee played more like TDA . You can't make this shit up . Tort's is a piece of shit .
There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance, or having a screw loose.

Right now, they are all underperforming and not living up to the contracts that they were signed to. A strong mind and some attitude may help to rebound. I believe that's what Torts is referring to.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
What do we think a potential Hayes to Columbus deal looks like in the offseason?

I'm not a Torts fan at all, but I dont think he means he wants Sanheim and Farabee to be spearing people in the nuts. I think he means he'd like to see them a little more fiery or aggressive than they are now. I'm just guessing here, but it seems kind of dumb to think he meant he wants them to be dirty.
Where do you see all this fiery play of TDA . All I see is a guy that the second we touch the puck takes off as fast as he can to get to the offensive zone with no reguard for his own zone . He is the biggest - leader on the team for a reason . Farabee play's with an edge and does not back down and fights way more than TDA .

I guess Sandheim should constantly join or lead the rush and say F to the D zone . Any way you look at it Tort's defending a dick move is pathetic .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What do we think a potential Hayes to Columbus deal looks like in the offseason?

I'm not a Torts fan at all, but I dont think he means he wants Sanheim and Farabee to be spearing people in the nuts. I think he means he'd like to see them a little more fiery or aggressive than they are now. I'm just guessing here, but it seems kind of dumb to think he meant he wants them to be dirty.
He wants Sanheim to just play harder, he loses too many puck battles in the D-zone and makes tentative exit passes, nor does he consistently attack on offense. Part of his problem is playing with TDA, he's been much better with Braun and Risto (since he returned to the lineup). Part of his problem is he's lost his mojo.

Farabee took a stupid penalty out of frustration when he got a cheap shot, and helped put the team in a hole. He's too smart for that, but he's also 22. It's just been a tough season for him. I think Torts just wanted him to sit for a period and get his head back in the game.

Torts said a while back it'll take a couple years to clear out contracts, I think he's both evaluating the young players going forward and figuring out how to showcase his veterans he wants to move out. TDA is both, if they could "fix" him he'd be a valuable bridge, if not, at least "patch" him to the point where you can move him at next year's TDA (teams are more willing to rent than marry a player like TDA). Hayes is back at center with JVR to show he can play center at least in a sheltered role.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Do we have any evidence that Chuck made 17 calls about JVR? He had more than that to put on offer, and I interpreted that as "we made 17 calls total." We have reason to believe 1 was to Columbus laying the groundwork for a Hayes deal in the offseason, at least 1 each for the MacEwen and Brown trades, so for JVR, Seeler, Braun, there were rumors of a couple calls about Provorov, and any of the other random calls, we're looking at maybe 14 across all of those.

Can't get over how funny it is that he thinks 17 calls is a lot for an NHL GM around the trade deadline :laugh:

What a lazy piece of shit

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017

he did say he crossed the line he's not defending that. John Tortorella Speaks on Tony DeAngelo Facing a Suspension After Being Ejected

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't believe that for a minute. Why would any club take on Hayes even if the Flyers took on 50% retention and took nothing back in return. Best move is to buy him out and kick him to the curb. Thanks Chuck.
Hayes is dogshit at $7.1M, but a player who performs at his level at $3.6M is entirely reasonable to have around. It's not the kind of trade that often happens during the season, but I could see him having value to Columbus at that number in the offseason, with a disappointment (from what I've read) like Roslovic coming back in return. At retention, with us taking Roslovic, that's somewhere between cap-neutral and a savings for Columbus, at least for next year, and it gets us off half of Hayes' contract for the last two years of the deal.

Reactions: Larry44

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Hayes is dogshit at $7.1M, but a player who performs at his level at $3.6M is entirely reasonable to have around. It's not the kind of trade that often happens during the season, but I could see him having value to Columbus at that number in the offseason, with a disappointment (from what I've read) like Roslovic coming back in return. At retention, with us taking Roslovic, that's somewhere between cap-neutral and a savings for Columbus, at least for next year, and it gets us off half of Hayes' contract for the last two years of the deal.
After watching Hayes' play collapse after the last two seasons, I don't think that there are many teams who would want to tie up even $3.6M over three more seasons with him. The term with his contract is what bites more than the money. Anyway, he's a 3C at best and probably needs to play wing where he still doesn't have the skills that are best for that position.
The Flyers stung CBJ once with the Voracek deal, which they were fortunate to dump into AZ's lap but at a cost. I don't know how interested CBJ would be in taking on another one of the Flyers' salary dumps.
One can wish that Hayes was gone but you'd probably have more luck dealing off land in East Palestine, Ohio than trading him away. He's not aging well and a potential locker room cancer. Buy him out and move on.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY

Except when Farabee went out and took a penalty as a retaliation for the hit he took he got benched for a period. So no torts doesn't want them to play with more of an edge.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
His name is Johnny Gaudreau.

Yeah, placating Gaudreau and getting another veteran scorer--albeit a mediocre one--are probably important factors for CBJ. Despite their bizarre Gaudreau coup, I don't think they expect to get many players in UFA without insane overpay. So even a $5m Kevin Hayes would be helpful if they don't have to trade much for him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And CBJ has veteran contracts they'd like to dump, Voracek for Atkinson was contract for contract with the same money.
They also could use a LH D-man, they have one too many RHDs and may want to dump Gudbranson 3x4.
Kuraly and Roslovic both have 2x2.5M left on their deals.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’d have to imagine Columbus would try to dump Gudbranson off on the Flyers to mitigate Hayes’ contract. They both end at the same time. Gudbranson is a $4M cap hit while Hayes is $7.1M. That might be the basis of a deal.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Meh, TB was pretty dirty, TDA was out of line, but Farabee also took a run at Cernak and got a penalty that put the team in a hole. Perry tried to sucker punch Deslauriers, but Deslauriers got the better of that exchange.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad