GDT: [#64] Dallas Stars at Los Angeles Kings, 9:30 PM CST (FS-SW)

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
That line up is one big yikes. At least it looks like Gurianov will get some playing time tonight.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
That line up is one big yikes. At least it looks like Gurianov will get some playing time tonight.

Honestly at this point there's no reason to not give him a good amount of ice time with all the injuries we have. If a player even has a chance of being able to break out and become something then they need to do everything they can to give him that shot because this teams offense can't possibly get any worse (unless Radulov or Seguin gets injured). No reason at all to use him as another defensive forward. I hope he does play with Comeau and Faksa. Could give him a little freedom to be risky

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Honestly at this point there's no reason to not give him a good amount of ice time. If a player even has a chance of being able to break out and become something then they need to do everything they can to give him that shot because this teams offense can't possibly get any worse (unless Radulov or Seguin gets injured). No reason at all to use him as another defensive forward. I hope he does play with Comeau and Faksa. Could give him a little freedom to be risky

Yeah I think at this point Monty needs to see how poorly we are playing and give more ice time to the players giving it their all out there. If you’re not going to be a difference maker enjoy your ten minutes of ice time.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If they are tuning him out then this core definitely needs to be blown up. They quit on Ruff then quit on Hitch.

I don't think they quit on Ruff. The team genuinely liked playing for him even when things didn't go well. The roster was just much worse than the year before especially the defense when we let 3 UFA defenseman just go. Also the start of the season where Seguin and Benn both missed training Camp due to injuries at the stupid World Cup didn't help.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
If they are tuning him out then this core definitely needs to be blown up. They quit on Ruff then quit on Hitch.
They didn't quit on Ruff, and they didn't quit on Hitch. They quit when Lehtonen came in, because they were use to him blowing it.

Hitch though has a grating style. the only thing worse than him is apparently Edmonton as he's been close to just saying f*** this and quitting on them

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Well, let's just hope they don't embarrass us further by dunking on us after the Kings last failure of a game.

Honestly, I'm not sure if they're quitting on Monty moreso than they're quitting on the NHL in general.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I think it's more about the guys just assuming theyll make the playoffs at this point in the season and playing as if theyve already clinched a spot

Maybe more-so just the top guys playing like this

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Honestly I think the collapse has already been happening right before our eyes for a few weeks now. Sadly at this point I don't see how this team will be able to turn things around and suddenly be motivated and good enough to win most games. If Zuccarello and Benn weren't injured, personally I think we'd be a playoff team this season for sure.
Yeah, I guess we will see. I remember posting a few months ago that I wanted them to have a massive losing streak back then to force them to take a hard look at themselves before it’s too late (this happened to both STL, CHI, and potentially CO). It still may not be too late, but it sure looks a lot like last year on the mediocrity front. All those head-to-heads against Central teams coming up will make or break the season.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Oleksiak sitting and Lovejoy in the lineup, lmao.

Should have been Oleksiak-Fedun as the 3rd pairing. Another great addition by GMJN that Monty forces into the lineup.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I feel like Oleksiak has been our fourth best defenceman since he’s been traded back here. Guess he’s not old enough to bring that veteran presence though.

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017

Honestly at this point there's no reason to not give him a good amount of ice time with all the injuries we have. If a player even has a chance of being able to break out and become something then they need to do everything they can to give him that shot because this teams offense can't possibly get any worse (unless Radulov or Seguin gets injured). No reason at all to use him as another defensive forward. I hope he does play with Comeau and Faksa. Could give him a little freedom to be risky
You already know how this goes. Gurianov starts on a line that plays a lot, Monty shuffles the lines 5 minutes into the game, Gurianov ends up playing 8:32
Same Old BS from a head coach in over his head
He doesn’t even know he has a timeout

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I hate that shot from Seguin. Just wayyy too far out to ever go in and he doesn't shoot for rebounds

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Lovejoy another brutal giveaway lmfao

It's honestly incredible that he manages to do this nearly every time he touches the puck in the D zone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad