GDT: [#64] Dallas Stars at Los Angeles Kings, 9:30 PM CST (FS-SW)

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Glad we got the two points. Dont really like how we struggled against a team like LA, but we've struggled all year with weaker teams, and it was on the road

Happy to see Hintz producing with the top line. Once Benn and Zucc return we might actually have two lines that can score

Reactions: Multigrain

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Is Seguin injured? He hasn't looked like himself the past few games. Maybe its fatigue any idea?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nichushkin should be sent back to Russia . He’s completely useless out there . No reason he should ever be playing on the top line anymore .

I thought he looked ok yesterday even hit a post and that line with Hintz , Spezza and Dickinson had some good chances in the 3rd . THat great Dickinson chance Quick saved was generated by Hintz when he stole the puck and gave it to Spezza for his great pass to Dickinson

Reactions: Bfantz and Kcb12345

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
Nichushkin should be sent back to Russia . He’s completely useless out there . No reason he should ever be playing on the top line anymore .
I think Nichushkin needs to play more. He’s always going to be a bust, because of how high he was drafted, but he has some strengths to his game he needs to focus on. He can’t shoot, but he’s been more physical lately. That’s what he needs to be. Physical, Crash the net, Net front presence, tip pucks, clean up the trash. That’s his game if he wants to stick in the NHL.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

He actually didn't have a bad game last night. I'd play him over Ritchie anyday

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Man last night was frustrating. Funny how we started to turn things around once we simplified our game. I think every one of our goals were scored right in front the oppositions net. Put pucks on net and get to the dirty area. If we insist on having a big lumbering team like this we should at least be able to do that.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I think Nichushkin needs to play more. He’s always going to be a bust, because of how high he was drafted, but he has some strengths to his game he needs to focus on. He can’t shoot, but he’s been more physical lately. That’s what he needs to be. Physical, Crash the net, Net front presence, tip pucks, clean up the trash. That’s his game if he wants to stick in the NHL.

I thought he was pretty good last night in comparison to his previous games here.

He got slotted in with Seguin and Radulov after Hintz gave up that awful turnover for the goal. Didn't look terribly out of place.

It may be entirely possible that he can only really hack it with top end talent, but can't play any other sort of role. Is that weird? I think that's weird.

And Lovejoy was fine. Klingberg looked like crap, Heiskanen was way too soft on the puck all night, Lindell was slow, and Polak was Polak.

If Benn's out again on Saturday, or if he comes back and they bomb, is Benn the problem?

Reactions: MBTendy

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I thought Val was pretty good last night. Regarding what Frozen said above about Val playing with better linemates, I've actually thought that for a while but you can't say anything positive about Val on here without being killed. Val always looks dangerous and plays well when he's in the top 6 and especially when he's with Radulov. He doesn't look out of place and he generates scoring chances.

I would love to see Dallas at full strength with Benn and Zucc and then give Val 2-3 games straight of playing nothing but top six minutes.

Zucc-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Hintz-Val
or
Val-Seguin-Rads
Benn-Hintz-Zucc

It won't happen because Monty loves his Comeau but I think it might get Val going.

Reactions: MBTendy

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Is Seguin injured? He hasn't looked like himself the past few games. Maybe its fatigue any idea?
He had a shift in the 3rd last night where he went all out like a man possessed, then got crosschecked in the numbers near the end of it.
The most like his "old" self he's looked in a long time

Reactions: Multigrain

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Is it just me, or has Klingberg’s defensive game really slipped this year? I didn’t watch last nights game, but just the condensed game on the NHL site alone showed him front-and-center on a lot of bad coverage and failure to track back. Am I just missing something, or was that really the case?

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Is it just me, or has Klingberg’s defensive game really slipped this year? I didn’t watch last nights game, but just the condensed game on the NHL site alone showed him front-and-center on a lot of bad coverage and failure to track back. Am I just missing something, or was that really the case?

He's been pretty average defensively and running the PP for several weeks now. I wouldn't mind seeing Miro run the point on the top PP if Klingberg doesn't pick it up.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
He actually didn't have a bad game last night. I'd play him over Ritchie anyday
I prefer Ritchie over val hands down . At least Ritchie looks like he cares , plays with passion and will drop the gloves or throw huge hits . Nichushkin just does nothing , 0 goals at this point of the season is embarrassing. He looks like a player who knows they don’t belong in this league . He’s been given every opportunity playing with every player on every line and still can’t do anything . He’s not necessarily a liability but he’s useless . He brings nothing to the table .

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
It always seems to happen this time of year. Why do they always look hungover in games?

Reactions: JesusNPucks

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I thought Val was pretty good last night. Regarding what Frozen said above about Val playing with better linemates, I've actually thought that for a while but you can't say anything positive about Val on here without being killed. Val always looks dangerous and plays well when he's in the top 6 and especially when he's with Radulov. He doesn't look out of place and he generates scoring chances.

I would love to see Dallas at full strength with Benn and Zucc and then give Val 2-3 games straight of playing nothing but top six minutes.

Zucc-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Hintz-Val
or
Val-Seguin-Rads
Benn-Hintz-Zucc

It won't happen because Monty loves his Comeau but I think it might get Val going.
I think I would send Benn down to 3rd line minutes until he gets his game back if he can.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I prefer Ritchie over val hands down . At least Ritchie looks like he cares , plays with passion and will drop the gloves or throw huge hits . Nichushkin just does nothing , 0 goals at this point of the season is embarrassing. He looks like a player who knows they don’t belong in this league . He’s been given every opportunity playing with every player on every line and still can’t do anything . He’s not necessarily a liability but he’s useless . He brings nothing to the table .

Val can play a physical game too which is why we've seen his ice time go up these past couple of games. We have other guys to fight if needed. Ritchie has had more opportunities than anyone on the team over the past few years and has done nothing but prove he sucks. Val played on the top line with Seguin and Radulov for the first time all season last night. Val at least can be physical and not a complete idiot with penalties, all while being 2x the player Ritchie is defensively. A non-liability useless player is better than 1 that does nothing but take penalties. Sure he hits occasionally, but that doesn't mean he should be getting the opportunities that he gets offensively when he has proven he has the worst offensive IQ on the team.

Ideally they're both healthy scratches, and likely will be when everyone is healthy. Isn't Ritchie 2nd on the team in most costly penalties or something? He and Radulov are 1 and 2. Bit of a difference between those 2 though..

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I don’t think Ritchie should be getting top offensive minutes especially not on pp but I don’t mind him on a bottom six role , he is effective on the forecheck and I think his offensive iq is definately higher than Val’s . Val plays kinda physical but never really throws a big hit . I was defending val somewhat at the beginning of the year because at least he was generating chances and hanging on to the puck down low but he has looked terrible for a while now , as if he doesn’t even care if he scores anymore .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don’t think Ritchie should be getting top offensive minutes especially not on pp but I don’t mind him on a bottom six role , he is effective on the forecheck and I think his offensive iq is definately higher than Val’s . Val plays kinda physical but never really throws a big hit . I was defending val somewhat at the beginning of the year because at least he was generating chances and hanging on to the puck down low but he has looked terrible for a while now , as if he doesn’t even care if he scores anymore .

I disagree with that. Ritchie does dumb things , take stupid penalties and is a blackwhole on offense. He either shoots , mostly bad shots , or turns it over imho .

In in ideal game neither plays but if one had to i choose Val imho.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Ritchie and offensive IQ just don't belong in the same sentence :laugh:his IQ is worse than Comeau's offensively imo. The amount of times he has missed an open man going to the net drives me insane. He just floats one on net instead of even attempting the pass, which is usually a pass most players can make

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
This... Ritchie may take a dumb penalty here and there but he has contributed more than Val. Val either passes to a fully covered teammate, turns it over, or shoots his “nhl’s most special” shot which has no chance at beating a goalie. He’s an offensive black hole with absolutely no confidence. I cannot believe the breaks this guy gets from our fan base. I’m sure the majority of it is denial or pity. Play him more??? Lol.. comeau, Ritchie, janmark, dickinson, L’esperance all bring more to the table than Val. Sure, cement him to the 4th line.

Reactions: Bfantz

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Ritchie and offensive IQ just don't belong in the same sentence :laugh:his IQ is worse than Comeau's offensively imo. The amount of times he has missed an open man going to the net drives me insane. He just floats one on net instead of even attempting the pass, which is usually a pass most players can make
I feel like nischuskin could easily be inserted to replace ritchies name in this..

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

Yes his defensive game has been bad. Reminds me of Dion when he is at his worst. Doing 360s at the top of the crease with one hand on his stick not knowing what to do.

Reactions: JesusNPucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad