Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Game Preview: 2/26/19 at Philadelphia

GAME-DAY RESOURCES

LAST GAME

Monday, February 25
Buffalo 3 at Toronto 5
Goals: Eichel (2), Reinhart
Goalie: Hutton (9 saves/12 shots) / Ullmark (19 saves/21 shots)
PP: 2/5; PK: 1/1; Shots: Buffalo 34 – Toronto 33

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 201)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Marco Scandella (upper body, Feb. 17; injured reserve) – 5 games
Casey Mittelstadt (illness, Feb. 23) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/22: Recalled F Danny O’Regan and Scott Wilson from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Kyle Okposo on IR; Assigned D Lawrence Pilut to Rochester
2/23: Assigned F CJ Smith to Rochester (AHL)
2/24: Acquired D Brandon Montour from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for D Brendan Guhle and a first-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft; Signed G Adam Wilcox to a one-year, two-way contract with an AAV of $650,000; Placed Wilcox on waivers
2/25: Activated F Kyle Okposo; Acquired a sixth-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft from the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for D Nathan Beaulieu; Assigned F Danny O’Regan and G Adam Wilcox to Rochester (AHL)
2/26: Recalled F Danny O’Regan from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Friday, March 1: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 2: Buffalo at Toronto, 7 p.m.
Monday, March 4: Edmonton at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, March 7: Buffalo at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 9: Buffalo at Colorado, 3 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at FLYERS

• This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Flyers this season.
  • Last meeting: Philadelphia defeated Buffalo 6-2 in Buffalo on Dec. 8
  • The Sabres are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Flyers; 2-7-1 on the road.
  • This is the 179th game all-time between Buffalo and Philadelphia; Buffalo has a 69-85-24 series record.
  • The Sabres are 25-51-14 on the road against the Flyers all-time.

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
And for the second time this season we're forced to watch Flyers feed,ugh...

millbury.png

Last edited:

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Hopefully we play like the past 3 games but do not have any lapses. Expecting Dahlin to keep putting up points and would like to see Brandon get on the score sheet.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
So...who plays the PP now, when we have three offensive defencemen in Dahlin, Montour and Risto?

Housley seems to favor Risto for some reason, so I guess..

Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart

Risto-Montour

As the 1st?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
So...who plays the PP now, when we have three offensive defencemen in Dahlin, Montour and Risto?

Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart

Risto-Montour

As the 1st?

After the way our PP has been lately, I can't see Montour displacing Dahlin on PP1.

Montour likely either replaces Bogo on PP2 or slots in next to him with who knows who up front. Tage has been in the Eichel spot and Poms and ERod have seen plenty of time on PP2.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018

Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart

Risto-Montour

As the 1st?
I would imagine dahlia/Risto for PP 1 and Montour on PP2 with a forward

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
As an aside -- it certainly seems to me like whoever is on PP1 along with Jack, Sam and Jeff -- PP1 seems to run better with Risto and pretty much whoever else (be it Dahlin, Mitts, Okposo, etc).

I'd love to see numbers.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
One thing I will promise you all with Montour is he will look bold and confident. Sometimes you see some players who get traded or called up play it safe and just try to not screw up, but Montour is one of the most confident players I've seen, occasionally to a fault. I can almost guarantee he will be wheeling all over the ice like he usually does and he'll hold nothing back. Of course, this comes with its risks, but he is a very fun player to watch when he gets going.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
One thing I will promise you all with Montour is he will look bold and confident. Sometimes you see some players who get traded or called up play it safe and just try to not screw up, but Montour is one of the most confident players I've seen, occasionally to a fault. I can almost guarantee he will be wheeling all over the ice like he usually does and he'll hold nothing back. Of course, this comes with its risks, but he is a very fun player to watch when he gets going.

Poor Montour is gonna be benched by the end of the 1st with Phil in charge if he plays like this.

Housley would rather play guys who screw up because they struggle to skate or pass, but look like the good old defensive d-men of yesterday.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Poor Montour is gonna be benched by the end of the 1st with Phil in charge if he plays like this.

Housley would rather play guys who screw up because they struggle to skate or pass, but look like the good old defensive d-men of yesterday.
So... you two are telling me Brandon Montour is Viktor Antipin's Canadian cousin?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad