Post-Game Talk: #63: Oilers at Flyers, Thursday, March 3, 2016

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
I tuned out after the first to take my niece to a book fair. It sounds like I missed a **** show. It's sad that Ghost wasn't able to continue the good game he was having in the first. He was making really solid defensive plays. Schenn's head hitting the ice looks dangerous. I like to joke about him being immune to head trauma, but that is no joking matter. It looks pretty serious, I hope he's ok. Something like that could easily end a career.

Edit: Here's Giroux being angry

Jaraco

Mar 13, 2014
California
Dumpster fire of a game.

And holy crap that Schenn incident looks bad. How the **** is he allowed to get any shifts after that? Especially after the recent Giroux concussion stupidity. Fire that idiot McCrossin.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
McCrossin and the entire medical staff should've been locked in a dumpster and launched to the moon after the Lindros bathtub incident.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Im sure these guys are dying to get back on the ice against Columbus. Hopefully this leads to a dominant performance rather than one where they try to force plays and get frustrated.

At this point, i'm just hoping Schenn is okay. He is turning from an average 2nd liner to an above-average 1st liner these last few months. Tonight he was again dominant. Id like to see him take over Streits spot on PP1 and move someone else into the slot...maybe Coots. He needs the puck on his stick more on the PP1 at this point.

Talbot owns us. 3 shutouts. Unreal.

Last edited:

ElFossum

Nov 19, 2013
Saskatoon SK
Ghost is a hell of a player and you saw it in flashes tonight. Giroux was fired up, is he always that intense outside of playing the penguins? I hated Schenn when we were in high school but you never like seeing that happen to anyone. Oilers with a surprisingly tough game tonight.

Cheers guys, hope you beat on Pitt.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Ghost is a hell of a player and you saw it in flashes tonight. Giroux was fired up, is he always that intense outside of playing the penguins? I hated Schenn when we were in high school but you never like seeing that happen to anyone. Oilers with a surprisingly tough game tonight.

Cheers guys, hope you beat on Pitt.

McDavid made our slow D look silly tonight. He's gonna be fun to watch

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Bloody hell. I wake up to playoff chances down 15.6% to 21%. WTF.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
There is no way Schenn's head actually hit the ice clean. He wouldn't be awake yet if it did. After a couple dozen viewings, it looks like Pardy actually gets both gloves on Schenn's head before impact which would have softened most of the blow.

They both got extremely lucky. That could have been far, far worse, but I can see where Schenn isn't dinged up since he likely didn't absorb much of the impact directly to his head.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
There is no way Schenn's head actually hit the ice clean. He wouldn't be awake yet if it did. After a couple dozen viewings, it looks like Pardy actually gets both gloves on Schenn's head before impact which would have softened most of the blow.

They both got extremely lucky. That could have been far, far worse, but I can see where Schenn isn't dinged up since he likely didn't absorb much of the impact directly to his head.
Having one or two hands at the side of your head isn't going to mitigate much when 200 lbs of hockey player is on your chest and you're both falling straight down. Picture an experiment where you try to stop that much weight by putting your hands on either side of it.

I know you're just trying to stay positive. I don't blame you.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California

I am not seeing what you're seeing at all. I've highlighted where Pardy's hands are. His left hand is underneath Schenn's neck, his right hand is on the top of Schenn's head. Schenn's head hits the ice clean.

Left hand:
7KzYsA2.png

Right hand:
FtSNpS4.png

I know the right hand picture looks late, but it's the best I could get to illustrate where it was. It is placed on the top of his head before he hits the ice, but is obscured by Draisaitl(?). You can kind of see it in the first picture, his right hand is on Schenn's face and it moves to the top of the head.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Play Mason and play Meds on the 2nd PP.

I honestly thought Mase would have been in, not that I disagree with going with thehhot hand in Neuv.

Also, I enjoy what Meds tries to do on the ice, his pinches aren't near a bad as early in the season and he creates chances when on the ice. Why not put him on the PP2 - **** put him where Striet is on PP1.

Legion of Gloom

The Holy Ghost
Jun 20, 2013
Lake Titicaca
Shenn is very lucky, if he fell another foot or so back his head could have hit the step going in the bench and that could have been nasty.

I am glad I turned the game after the second.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I hope Schenn is okay... Wouldn't want anything to happen to happen to him, especially with how he's been playing lately.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
One thing we know for certain, there will be no discipline for Pardy for ripping off Schenns helmet and driving his head into the ice.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
just remember the coots line over commited and give odd man rushes. They were the main cause letting them out of their end easy.

Lol no. McDavid just made Medvedev look silly. He just smoked him from our blue line, had nothing to do with them leaving their zone easy.

There's not enough size and grit in the world to stop that. That's why your mind set is outdated. Speed > size.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Lol no. McDavid just made Medvedev look silly. He just smoked him from our blue line, had nothing to do with them leaving their zone easy.

There's not enough size and grit in the world to stop that. That's why your mind set is outdated. Speed > size.
On the goal yes but the other odd man rushes no. Coots line shouldn't have bee out against a great player like that. G line should have went head to head.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Medvedev sucks but he isn't slow he just didn't read the play well. No neutral zone play from the flyers at all last night.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Embarrassing loss. :shakehead

Medvedev was terribly schooled by McDavid on the 1st goal. Imagine if it was L.Schenn or Grossmann there instead of Meds. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad