Post-Game Talk: #63: Oilers at Flyers, Thursday, March 3, 2016

trigzter

Feb 3, 2011
PA
It's not so much what he'll do, it's what he might do that will make players think twice.

his size is intimidating no doubt, but at his age and weight he wont be able to hold his own vs most experienced fighters who challenge him.

either way. glad I missed this game

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I had hockey tonight, caught the last few minutes at the bar...have it recorded, don't think im gonna watch it...any reason to other then the Schenn injury?

You would get to see vintage Ken Dryden in net for the Oilers, who somehow signed him and rejuvenated his bones without anyone knowing.

FML

Losing to them makes me physically ****ing sick. Flashback sick. Motion sick. **** off Oilers. Our worst game since November, surely, and that's despite a more or less halfway decent first period. Why did it have to be THIS one? ****'s sake.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
his size is intimidating no doubt, but at his age and weight he wont be able to hold his own vs most experienced fighters who challenge him.

True, it will take a few years before he has the ability to fight with the best of 'em.

You would get to see vintage Ken Dryden in net for the Oilers, who somehow signed him and rejuvenated his bones without anyone knowing.

FML

Losing to them makes me physically ****ing sick. Flashback sick. Motion sick. **** off Oilers. Our worst game since November, surely, and that's despite a more or less halfway decent first period. Why did it have to be THIS one? ****'s sake.

Yeah, I'm physically ill after that as well. :(

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

There haven't been many that I have had a hard time sitting through since very early in the season, but this was pure eye vomit. Would love to put my foot through the television.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
God, tonight was a disaster for our playoff chances.

Edit: From 36.6% to 21.2%. That sucks.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
There haven't been many that I have had a hard time sitting through since very early in the season, but this was pure eye vomit. Would love to put my foot through the television.

I missed the good period and only saw the bad periods. What killed me was that, while Streit was bad, Simmonds seemed far worse. I can't think of him doing anything that didn't go wrong in some way.

Anybody who saw the whole thing, did Simmonds have any good plays in the 2nd?

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I missed the good period and only saw the bad periods. What killed me was that, while Streit was bad, Simmonds seemed far worse. I can't think of him doing anything that didn't go wrong in some way.

He apparently didn't think it was all spiders and snakes...

Simmonds: "We didn't show up from the start of the game. I didn't think we played horrible, but it wasn't our best game."

Source: Sam Carchidi

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
God, tonight was a disaster for our playoff chances.

Edit: From 36.6% to 21.2%. That sucks.

Why do I hear opera in the background. Knowing these guys, they'll win the next 5 again. Or lose'em all. :)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Not that I can remember. The worst was poor Ghost. He was having a stormer, playing as well as I've seen him play all year, but as soon as that turnover and Hall (**** that guy) goal, the game just fell apart around him and he couldn't get an ounce of luck.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Not that I can remember. The worst was poor Ghost. He was having a stormer, playing as well as I've seen him play all year, but as soon as that turnover and Hall (**** that guy) goal, the game just fell apart around him and he couldn't get an ounce of luck.

I just hope that Philly fans, in general, don't start going nuts on the kid for a few mistakes. :(

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I just hope that Philly fans, in general, don't start going nuts on the kid for a few mistakes. :(

I hope so too, but I'm sure it will be fine. He was VERY good before that initial mistake and it's no surprise that it threw him off. He's a young kid still, but he has guts and he'll be back at it next game. I want to punch ****ing Taylor Hall so bad right now that I can't think of anything except his stupid, stupid face, which is desperately in need of a mustache, the tart. **** off.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Precisely what would his standard for horrible be?

Ostensibly, different than ours. The result should swamp any pretense to finding a glimmer of optimism in that game. The comments emanating from the locker room should have begun with an acknowledgement of blunder and a conclusion eliminating the masquerade of one iota of anything glimmering.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I truly hope we don't offer Read a new deal. He offers literally nothing. It's time he's replaced.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ostensibly, different than ours. The result should swamp any pretense to finding a glimmer of optimism in that game. The comments emanating from the locker room should have begun with an acknowledgement of blunder and a conclusion eliminating the pretense of one iota of anything glimmering.

IMO, the ideal interview would've simply consisted of the team collectively standing before the media, and chanting "We are sorry, oh so sorry, sorry very sorry sorry" to the tune of "Dies Irae" while flagellating themselves.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
IMO, the ideal interview would've simply consisted of the team collectively standing before the media, and chanting "We are sorry, oh so sorry, sorry very sorry sorry" to the tune of "Dies Irae" while flagellating themselves.

"Sorry seems to be the hardest word..." is more conceivable.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I hope so too, but I'm sure it will be fine. He was VERY good before that initial mistake and it's no surprise that it threw him off. He's a young kid still, but he has guts and he'll be back at it next game. I want to punch ****ing Taylor Hall so bad right now that I can't think of anything except his stupid, stupid face, which is desperately in need of a mustache, the tart. **** off.

One thing I was not sure of at the time but:

After that scrum did Giroux skate up to Hall and ask him to fight?

It sure seemed like it... Giroux looked pretty rabid and Hall seemed a bit confused/perturbed.

I mean, if I was Hall I would not go either in that situation... especially when Giroux was frothing at the mouth even though he is not a great fighter or anything. He may have just said some very nasty things though! Hall's face just flipped in a very short space of time from smug grin to 'ehh, wtf.'

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
One thing I was not sure of at the time but:

After that scrum did Giroux skate up to Hall and ask him to fight?

It sure seemed like it... Giroux looked pretty rabid and Hall seemed a bit confused/perturbed.

I mean, if I was Hall I would not go either in that situation... especially when Giroux was frothing at the mouth even though he is not a great fighter or anything. He may have just said some very nasty things though! Hall's face just flipped in a very short space of time from smug grin to 'ehh, wtf.'

Yeah definitely. You could see Giroux saying something like "We are going" right to Hall, but then there was some flub by the officials - first they had to add the second Oilers minor, which the scorekeeper didn't have, and then I think they moved the faceoff out of the zone, and by that time Giroux was back on the bench and it fizzed out. G was absolutely champing at the bit to get at Hall though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad