Post-Game Talk: #63: Oilers at Flyers, Thursday, March 3, 2016

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Just needs more talent. How many guys can turn a game around on this team especially with Voracek out? 3 maybe 4. When more than half of the lineup is full of grinders and filler, it's tough to change the momentum of a game.

The so called grinders don't grind either. Lose board battles, don't make anyone pay for going into the corners, nothing tough about them. White acts tough but he's fake. And my lots of work to be done statement had more to do with Hexy, agreeing with your lack of talent.

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
Games like this make me hope we sign Lucic & Morin is on the Flyers by Christmas, also makes me hope Ghoul can become a great 4th liner

Getting punked by the Oilers makes me think today is opposite day

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Some are going to be disappointed when Morin comes up. He's not a meathead looking to fight everything that moves.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Some are going to be disappointed when Morin comes up. He's not a meathead looking to fight everything that moves.

I don't care if he ever fights. But will be a nice change to see a D man not be outmuscled and able to clear the front of the net

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I had hockey tonight, caught the last few minutes at the bar...have it recorded, don't think im gonna watch it...any reason to other then the Schenn injury?

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I had hockey tonight, caught the last few minutes at the bar...have it recorded, don't think im gonna watch it...any reason to other then the Schenn injury?

I'd shy away at all costs.

It's just not worth feeling even worse just to get a firsthand look.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Yeah, that does not look good. Unbelievably careless by Pardy to remove Schenn's helmet and then drive his head the ice like that.

I missed this one. What happened to Giroux that he was down like that right before Schenn got slammed?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Summary:

Awful, awful 1st.
Great 2nd for the Flyers... in which Edmonton scored both chances they had.
Middling 3rd at 5v5, awful PP's.

Frustrating as hell. Like the most frustrating game of the year probably.

Despite actually getting quite a lot of chances the Flyers did not play well at all.

Giroux & Schenn were the only two guys who looked consistently good shift by shift.

Simmonds & Streit were beyond awful. Ghost had a poor game. (well, he was great in the 1st, but cocked up twice that led to goals later.)

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
The so called grinders don't grind either. Lose board battles, don't make anyone pay for going into the corners, nothing tough about them. White acts tough but he's fake. And my lots of work to be done statement had more to do with Hexy, agreeing with your lack of talent.
This is spot on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad