GDT: [#63] Get two birds Stone’d at once

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah he's not a huge creator of offense by himself. Not really a distributor.

And neither is Benn . Basically only Radulov and Klingberg are. Maybe Spezza still a little bit and well Zuccarello now.

Looking at it now i think the problem is not neccesarily goalscoring but just creating offense. The players can score if someone creates for them but barely anyone can.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
He builds hotels and restaurants, not hockey teams.

Good owners back the **** off and let their money do the work.

Bad owners get involved and micro-manage things they dont understand.

Ask sens fans.
Guess he's a bad owner, because he started micromanging things last year, the Hitchcock hire was all him

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Guess he's a bad owner, because he started micromanging things last year, the Hitchcock hire was all him

He got impatiant. That Hitchcock hire also landed us Hanzal and maybe Methot who just never fit here but are clearly Hitch players.

Stevonidas

Wanna go pretty boy?
Jul 14, 2007
The Lone Star State
Definitely Keep:

Radulov
Zuccarello
Hintz
Heiskanen
Klingberg
Lindell
Bishop
Khudobin

Maybe Keep:

Seguin
Gurianov
Polak
Faksa
Janmark

Everyone else needs to be cut, traded, or bought out prior to the draft.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
He got impatiant. That Hitchcock hire also landed us Hanzal and maybe Methot who just never fit here but are clearly Hitch players.
Yes but who knows how involved he was in that, those moves also are Hallmark Nill moves.
Character guys with no skill and are Big and "play the right way" and basically any praise that doesn't include skill type guys

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Definitely Keep:

Radulov
Zuccarello
Hintz
Heiskanen
Klingberg
Lindell
Bishop
Khudobin

Maybe Keep:

Seguin
Gurianov
Polak
Faksa
Janmark

And who pray tell do you plan to replace the teams best player with? if he's only a maybe

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yes but who knows how involved he was in that, those moves also are Hallmark Nill moves.
Character guys with no skill and are Big and "play the right way" and basically any praise that doesn't include skill type guys

I don't think Hanzal would've been signed without Hitchcock. That move made zero sense with how Nill build the roster previously.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Definitely Keep:

Radulov
Zuccarello
Hintz
Heiskanen
Klingberg
Lindell
Bishop
Khudobin

Maybe Keep:

Seguin
Gurianov
Polak
Faksa
Janmark

Depends what direction we go in.

If it's a rebuild Rads and Zucc are gone.

Klingberg has climbed my list of trade-baits for us. Heiskanen and Lindell are a better top pair imo.

Reactions: Ori

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Definitely Keep:

Radulov
Zuccarello
Hintz
Heiskanen
Klingberg
Lindell
Bishop
Khudobin

Maybe Keep:

Seguin
Gurianov
Polak
Faksa
Janmark

Keep Seguin and Faksa and go get 2 more top 6 forwards and another top 4 dman and we're suddenly a very different team

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Depends what direction we go in.

If it's a rebuild Rads and Zucc are gone.

Klingberg has climbed my list of trade-baits for us. Heiskanen and Lindell are a better top pair imo.
This is a bad take.
He had the best season of his career a year ago, and has been dealing with injuries and a bad coach for pretty much the whole year

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This is a bad take.
He had the best season of his career a year ago, and has been dealing with injuries and a bad coach for pretty much the whole year

His contract is also really cheap for his skillset. You're not getting anyone as good back that is this cheap.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Anyone saying oh we should trade Klingberg. He is playing injured sicne that Tampa game where he again blocked a shot . Previously he was just getting back in his groove after he missed ~20 games. Since he blocked that in Tampa shot he has not looked good everybody can see that but what can you do ? Sit out and what ? Who replaces him ?

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Dam that third period was hard to watch. I’m still on the make the playoffs train, but this team needs a serious overhaul. You can’t get out shoot 19-1 in the final period, even the Senitors could have done better than that.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
This team is garbage, just look at the roster.

Team needs a full rebuild period, new scouts, new GM, new everything.

I don’t even blame Monty honestly, what is he suppose to do with this crap ?!?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yikes just saw another replay of the GWG. Seguin literally kicked it into the Stars net to try and block a centering feed that wasn't going to end up even near a Golden Knights player and had already deflected off of Klingberg's skate.

Typical Stars luck

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don't think Hanzal would've been signed without Hitchcock. That move made zero sense with how Nill build the roster previously.
I think Hanzal was a signing that wouldn’t have happened had Nill known Radulov was going to pick the Stars. I don’t think it was part of any master plan by Nill or Hitch.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I think we’re all overlooking how awful this team is on the road, specifically generating offense on the road.

We are tied with Anaheim for dead last in away GF. We are a bottom 5 team in away points %. We are a bottom 10 team in away PP%. Bottom 5 in shots for on the road. Pretty much every metric shows that we are awful on the road.

This is a problem that has persisted over the last three years. We have a strong argument for being the worst road team since 2016-2017. This problem has persisted through 3 coaches now, a big variety of depth players, and it seemed to come out of nowhere after the dominant 2015-2016 season.

This team is going nowhere until they figure out what the deal is with road games. It is what has held us back every year since our mini-run, and it’s going to prevent us from ever being a real contender again until it’s resolved.

Is it the line-matching? Do our top players crumble against the best competition when they can’t be sheltered? Is it all mental? Is it the fact that the team typically travels more miles than any other?

Whatever the problem is, it needs to be understood and fixed as soon as possible. We have 9 games each on the road and at home, and I feel very confident in saying it will be our performances in the 9 road games that determine whether we make the playoffs or not.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don’t think I’m going to even bother staying up for the Kings’ game. It’s way too late, and we’re just going to see another piss-poor road effort anyway.

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
I think we’re all overlooking how awful this team is on the road, specifically generating offense on the road.

We are tied with Anaheim for dead last in away GF. We are a bottom 5 team in away points %. We are a bottom 10 team in away PP%. Bottom 5 in shots for on the road. Pretty much every metric shows that we are awful on the road.

This is a problem that has persisted over the last three years. We have a strong argument for being the worst road team since 2016-2017. This problem has persisted through 3 coaches now, a big variety of depth players, and it seemed to come out of nowhere after the dominant 2015-2016 season.

This team is going nowhere until they figure out what the deal is with road games. It is what has held us back every year since our mini-run, and it’s going to prevent us from ever being a real contender again until it’s resolved.

Is it the line-matching? Do our top players crumble against the best competition when they can’t be sheltered? Is it all mental? Is it the fact that the team typically travels more miles than any other?

Whatever the problem is, it needs to be understood and fixed as soon as possible. We have 9 games each on the road and at home, and I feel very confident in saying it will be our performances in the 9 road games that determine whether we make the playoffs or not.
I’ll go 2-6-1 remaining road games

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Out of 32 road games this year, 22 have seen us score 2 or fewer goals.

We are 4-15-3 in those games, including 0-10-2 in games with 0 or 1 goals.

Reactions: Ori

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018

Stars distance traveled is pretty middle of the road. One of the best for Western teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad