GDT: [#63] Get two birds Stone’d at once

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
So the percentage of team in a playoff spot at xmas break to make the playoffs was high. Not surprised that this team would be part of that low percentage to not make it.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Same here. We have a handful of decent players but the rest are just warm bodies. As I think more about this one, you can't really question the effort or compete level, we just don't have a good team. However, that is on Nill and the hilariously bad management.
Noticeably awful effort. Benn being out sucks

This Lovejoy guy is straight up garbage. No idea why he’s on the ice for anything except the PK.

You’d think they’d be able to win at least a couple puck battles or races to loose pucks though.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Remember in training camp when we were going to be a puck possession team?
Yeah, those were fun quotes, then Monty had no clue what he was doing, and here we are a 1.5months away and he's still in way over his head. it's sad that the number of games we outplayed the other team can be counted on 1 gand 60 games into the season

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Coyotes won so we're just 2 points ahead of them now. It's so predictable as to what's going to happen that it hurts.

Avalanche I assume will knock us out of our spot tomorrow officially. If they don't then Vancouver moves to within 3 points of us, and if Chicago beats Anaheim they move to within 4 points. Huge opportunity blown here

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I'm 100% on team lose for Hughes (or some untalented 2nd round player that the team will reach for) at this point.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Can't wait to continue to be disappointed.

We'll find a way to miss the playoffs.

Then we'll make a shitty pick somewhere between 11th and 15th overall.

Then we won't really address any problems in UFA, and we'll be left to wonder what this team is doing for another 3 months.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Zapp

Jannies lol
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Can't wait to continue to be disappointed.

We'll find a way to miss the playoffs.

Then we'll make a ****ty pick somewhere between 11th and 15th overall.

Then we won't really address any problems in UFA, and we'll be left to wonder what this team is doing for another 3 months.

Holy shit I've heard this so many times every year and it always happens.

Its like we're stuck in a mediocrity loop.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
At what point can we get pissed at this owner. You have let this clown of a GM stick around for way too long. He had a shot Monday to make yet another trade. How does other GMs make multiple trades like Nashville and Columbus and yet Nill does nothing knowing that the guy he traded for is now out for a while. Clearly he can’t put together a team with how bad they are. This team would suck if they did not have out of this world goaltending. Instead of making trades when these guys are hot and truck to suplament that he does as little as possible. It’s getting hard to watch them when I know they will not make the playoffs now. There is no offense.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
At what point can we get pissed at this owner. You have let this clown of a GM stick around for way too long. He had a shot Monday to make yet another trade. How does other GMs make multiple trades like Nashville and Columbus and yet Nill does nothing knowing that the guy he traded for is now out for a while. Clearly he can’t put together a team with how bad they are. This team would suck if they did not have out of this world goaltending. Instead of making trades when these guys are hot and truck to suplament that he does as little as possible. It’s getting hard to watch them when I know they will not make the playoffs now. There is no offense.

Its frustrating to watch them throw away probably the best year of goaltending we have had in ages and may never see again for years to come.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Holy **** I've heard this so many times every year and it always happens.

Its like we're stuck in a mediocrity loop.
Well the GM has done nothing to improve the team in two years.
With every trade he's made for defense this year, it has gotten worse.
and he picked up 1 scoring forward, but he waiting until one of the few we had fell off a cliff.

Zapp

Jannies lol
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

Yeah I'm pissed he open his checkbook and spent to the cap only to have his GM mismanage his team and f*** him over by signing a bunch of garbage veterans. All while blowing draft picks because McDonnell and Nill keep convincing themselves they have everyone else outsmarted.

f*** TG amirite

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Its frustrating to watch them throw away probably the best year of goaltending we have had in ages and may never see again for years to come.
Doubt we see it in a long time which is why she should have struck some deals this year. Load up now and he can’t see that. I hope he gets fired.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Yeah I'm pissed he open his checkbook and spent to the cap only to have his GM mismanage his team and **** him over by signing a bunch of garbage veterans. All while blowing draft picks because McDonnell and Nill keep convincing themselves they have everyone else outsmarted.

**** TG amirite

Yeah well that is on him at this point too, he is letting it happen

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
To be honest I didn't expect us to win tonight, but we absolutely have to beat Los Angeles on Thursday. There are no excuses to lose to them right now, but it's the perfect Dallas Stars trap game where they lose to a trash team.

Kings have lost 9 straight and lost 6-1 tonight. I fully expect that game to be the one where the Stars officially lose their playoff spot and never recover.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
To be honest I didn't expect us to win tonight, but we absolutely have to beat Los Angeles on Thursday. There are no excuses to lose to them right now, but it's the perfect Dallas Stars trap game where they lose to a trash team.

Kings have lost 9 straight and lost 6-1 tonight. I fully expect that game to be the one where the Stars officially lose their playoff spot and never recover.
I mean, i've been saying it all year, this is a bad team without stellar goaltending, we knew they were bad and the fact that any of us were dumb enough to even think the PO were possible shows just how desperate we all are for meaningful hockey.

The fact that we regularly get clowned by teams even if we win the game, should speak volumes to Ownership about how bad this team is. Just wish it didn't Take Gagliardi as long to see Nill is a bad investment as it only took him 6 months to replace Newy

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Basically if the Kings, who have lost 9 straight games, beat us on Thursday, that's the official Dallas Stars way of knowing that the season is over.

This team is so hard to watch every season idk why I do but I can't stop. Even when they're the least entertaining team in the NHL

Zapp

Jannies lol
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Yeah well that is on him at this point too, he is letting it happen

He builds hotels and restaurants, not hockey teams.

Good owners back the f*** off and let their money do the work.

Bad owners get involved and micro-manage things they dont understand.

Ask sens fans.

Reactions: serp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad