GDT: [#63] Get two birds Stone’d at once

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
About Zucc it`s expensive to sign him and not sure if a 1st is worth it in 2020 including a cap hit, and the draft year is rumored to be really good especially if Jim Nill is unsure how the next season will unfold concerning playoffs. Zucc won`t produce 2 pts. each game - not even close after watching him for most of his NHL career, but if Dallas change the direction over the summer he is more likely gone as he should if the Franchise starting over like Ottawa with a rebuild in mind.

And if it looks really bad the remaining game of this season it should be considerd and that is only based on my average age reasoning. @Ola an old Rangers fan here mentioned it in a similar topic that older veteran NHL teams struggle this year, LA, Hawks for instant and they were not tanking at all at beginning of this season.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
About Zucc it`s expensive to sign him and not sure if a 1st is worth it in 2020 including a cap hit, and the draft year is rumored to be really good especially if Jim Nill is unsure how the next season will unfold concerning playoffs. Zucc won`t produce 2 pts. each game - not even close after watching him for most of his NHL career, but if Dallas change the direction over the summer he is more likely gone as he should if the Franchise starting over like Ottawa with a rebuild in mind.

And if it looks really bad the remaining game of this season it should be considerd and that is only based on my average age reasoning. @Ola an old Rangers fan here mentioned it in a similar topic that older veteran NHL teams struggle this year, LA, Hawks for instant and they were not tanking at all at beginning of this season.
2020 draft is stacked . That’s the only concern I have . Some good Swedes too which is right up there ally .

Reactions: Ori

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
2020 draft is stacked . That’s the only concern I have . Some good Swedes too which is right up there ally .

The 2020 draft is the best that I've seen for the OHL in a long time. I'm extremely hesitant to give up our 2020 first because any GM with half a brain should be able to grab an elite talent with it.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The 2020 draft is the best that I've seen for the OHL in a long time. I'm extremely hesitant to give up our 2020 first because any GM with half a brain should be able to grab an elite talent with it.
Well that counts us out then

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
If we traded radulov and benn for potential lottery picks in 2020 we could have a very quick rebuild and be competitive the following year . Not saying we should do it but if we miss the playoffs again I’d definately consider it .

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Nill will be gone. We miss the playoffs this year, I'll drive down to Dallas to drive him to the airport to get him out of town.

1 shot in the third period. Way to step up in a playoff chase boys! So much confidence in your dummies right now...not!
Yes but until he's fired he could still sign Zuccarello and cost us our 1st in 2020

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If Nill is still around for the 2020 draft he will find a way to screw up that pick anyways

Although it would suck to not pick until the 3rd round. Wish he gave up the 2019 1st to sign Zucc

I remember being happy about the Methot trade because of how far away the 2020 draft felt so I didn't care about the 2nd rounder :laugh:

Oh well though I just want exciting hockey ASAP and don't wanna wait around for 3-4 years for our prospects to maybe have an impact(for the 2020 draft that's 4-5 years). Now if it's not Nill doing the drafting and we have a new GM, then I'll consider it a good idea to hold onto that pick. We just can't afford to wait around for guys to develop while we need to be going for it right now if we're stuck with Nill's management until his deal is up

Last edited:

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The persona Nill had with Detroit of being an almighty prospect developer has been completely diminished in my eyes.
Well that was a false persona for the entire organization.
They didn't get good at drafting until recently.
They "over-ripened" prospects because they weren't good, but they could turn into playable cogs on bottom lines that wouldn't make tons of mistakes while Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Lidstrom did all the heavy lifting

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
So basically, Benn, Seguin, Klingberg and Miro are no Zets, Dats and Lids? Because otherwise, Nill is doing the exact same thing here.
Yes quite right.

Seguin is the closest talent we have to the Red Wings trio and Klingberg is a long ways short of Lidstrom and Benn isn't even in the same conversation.
But the wings also had Rafalski, Bertuzzi, Holmstrom and quality coaching the last time they were relevant, with Franzen and Kronwall also.
So even if they were the quality the depth UFA they signed are 100x better than the guys we trot out as a 2nd line now, not that they were all that great but
Kronwall drafted in 2000, Franzen in 04, Datsyuk in 1998, Zetterberg 1999, Lidstrom in 1989.
Not a lot of quality draft picks spanning 20 years turned into anything special for them. but the 3 that did are much better than our big 3

Reactions: Ori

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->