GDT: #63 – Predators at Sabres – Tue Feb 28, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
Was at the game. ROR is injured for sure. Physically, he isn't close to player he was earlier in the season.

Or maybe he's just tired out AGAIN because he gets an inordinate amount of icetime?

This game is primarily about skating. You need natural ability and/or energy to do it well.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
All of the comments are bad. Mine is likely to be the worst. Here goes:

If you want to pin this loss on anyone, Bogosian is the guy. He made 2 unbelievably bad reads on the first 2 Nashville goals, then he flubbed the scoring chance in OT, then he did nothing on the Forsberg OT goal, not even coming close to attempting to prevent Forsberg's shot or a pass across. He just dropped to his knees before Forsberg did anything with the puck and then watched the snip.

Next: Lehner was ****ing garbage tonight. Some nights he's good. This was not one of them. He played like he had money on a fellow Swede scoring the GWG.

Finally: All of the defenseman are bad. McCabe, Franson and Risto have positive qualities. Gorges...kind of...though we all know his corsi is v bad, despite that I think he has positive attributes...just don't ask too much.... Bogosian and Kulikov are unbelievably bad.

Post Script: Tim Murray actually *acquired* Bogosian and Kulikov, so, like Lucy, he's got some ****ing explaining to do.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Maybe ROR is just exhausted out of his mind playing the minutes that he's required to play...because Dufus is dufus...

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
Finally: All of the defenseman are bad. McCabe, Franson and Risto have positive qualities. Gorges...kind of...though we all know his corsi is v bad, despite that I think he has positive attributes...just don't ask too much.... Bogosian and Kulikov are unbelievably bad.

Post Script: Tim Murray actually *acquired* Bogosian and Kulikov, so, like Lucy, he's got some ****ing explaining to do.

When he gets rid of Kane, Girgensons and more draft choices for a ****ing defenseman everything will be fine!

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Reinhart took a shot from a few feet in front of the net in the slot. Where the hell else would you want someone to try to shoot? Maybe he should have released it sooner seeing the defenseman's stick in the way but that was a lucky bounce. And a certain embarrassingly melodramatic poster here has the audacity to pick that play of all to call out his skating on the backcheck? I watched that live and literally thought at the moment that I can't believe people are still trying to die on that "Reinhart's skating isn't NHL level" hill. He turned a 2 on 1 into a 1 on 2 beating the other Preds back. If Bogosian were smarter he would have recognized that and taken Forsberg. Reinhart's skating isn't even in the bottom third of the NHL. It's average at minimum, and that's sufficient for a guy who has plenty of other strengths in his game.

The back and forth agendas on this board are vexing and tiresome. Does this make me one of the people who thinks Reinhart is absolved of all criticism now? Because I'm pointing out that it's grasping at straws to single out the end of this game as a knock against him? Every single player on this team has valid criticisms that can be made against them.

On a positive note it looked to me like Eichel really added some jump and battle in the third as the game started to slip away, both offensively and defensively. It's just a glimmer but to me it said a whole lot, because often times his body language on the ice is "things didn't go my way and now I'm gonna pout and not get back into the play." But anyone who watched a lot of Pat Kane's early years in the NHL has seen that exact same thing, and he pruned a lot of those warts from his game over time.

A new coach and some more veteran support would go a long way in this team's development. It sounds horrible to say but I heard Craig Button on WGR Monday and I really agreed with what he said about the importance of veterans on a team not just for insulating young players but for teaching and leading and being positive examples. Gionta and Gorges are decent in this regard but other than them there is absolutely no veteran presence on this team.

Lumpjaw

Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
The problem here, regarding vets, is that only one of the dew we have actually does something decent out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad