GDT: #63 – Predators at Sabres – Tue Feb 28, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
uofgD0yf_200x200.jpg
VS.
7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpg

PREDATORS (31-22-9) at SABRES (26-26-10)

TUE FEB 28, 2017 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 304)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 62 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 26 games
William Carrier (knee, Feb.4; injured reserve) – 12 games
Robin Lehner (upper body, Feb. 26) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/24: Recalled F Justin Bailey and F Evan Rodrigues from Rochester (AHL); Activated F Zemgus Girgensons from IR; Assigned F Derek Grant to Rochester
2/26: Recalled G Linus Ullmark from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Thursday, March 2: Arizona at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 4: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Sunday, March 5: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 5 p.m.
Tuesday, March 7: San Jose at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, March 10: Buffalo at Columbus, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

PREDATORS at SABRES
This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Predators this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Nashville 5-4 in Nashville on Jan. 24
The Sabres are 4-4-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Predators; 1-6-3 at home.
This is the 23rd game all-time between Buffalo and Nashville; Buffalo has a 9-10-3 series record.
The Sabres are 1-6-3 at home against the Predators all-time.

Morning Skate: February 28, 2017 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am at KeyBank Center

Last edited:

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Please just leave Gorges with them for whatever Nashville wants. They could use some d depth. Hell, shoot me Ribiero and the Rangers 6th.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
2-28: DAN BYLSMA ON WGR (15:10)
#Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma joins Howard and Jeremy next on WGR!

Bylsma - we definitely took some bumps and bruises to the ego after the losses to COL and ARZ. We came out on the short end #Sabres

Bylsma - it was a concern going into the break with how we would respond in the games following the break... #Sabres

Bylsma - ...We knew we had to win at least 2 of 3 after the break and before the deadline, and we didn't get it done #Sabres

Bylsma - As we mature & try to be a winning team, we know we'll make mistakes. We made a mistake on 1st ARZ goal, & we got tight after that

Bylsma - we didn't react appropriately to the mistake, sat back on our heels and the Coyotes came after us. #Sabres

Bylsma - our first 30 games were not good w/scoring from our defensemen. It has improved quite a bit, but we still need improvement #Sabres

Bylsma - nothing new on Robin Lehner. Going to see the doctors this morning, We'll wait and see #Sabres

Bylsma - when's Lehner's healthy, we'll see him for a good portion of the rest of the season #Sabres

Bylsma - Evan Rodrigues has stepped in well for us at center. He's earned the right to come back and played well in COL and ARZ #Sabres

Bylsma - you're going to continue to see E-Rod play in the situations he was playing against COL and ARZ. He has responded well #Sabres

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
he's blaming defenseman he coaches to give up the zone at first sign of losing puck control for not scoring enough from the point

fire bylsma

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
26-28-63: Tank 1st line!

Gionta with Jack hahaha

Do you mean "best RW even-strength scorer" Brian Gionta?

In any event, I specifically recall in the last GDT posters saying that since Jack carries all the offense on his line, Bylsma should get other top offensive players (Kane, Reinhart) off his line to better distribute the offense throughout the lineup. Well, there goes Reinhart. We'll see if Kane sticks. (Also, my subjective opinion is that Kane and Gionta play pretty well off each other.)

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'm honestly starting to think that Blysma is trying to get fired.

The funniest thing, to me, is that all there is all this handwringing and not a single person has complained about Bylsma's refusal to break up ROR-Okposo, which has been a turd line for months.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The funniest thing, to me, is that all there is all this handwringing and not a single person has complained about Bylsma's refusal to break up ROR-Okposo, which has been a turd line for months.

With how long they've sucked together I think everyone just accepted that they're glued to each other forever. At least that's what I did.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Eichel in 52 minutes with Brian Gionta: 0 goals produced
Eichel in 18 minutes with Justin Bailey: 3 goals produced

:thinking:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad