OT: 62nd Obsequious Banter Thread: Reverse Michal Handzus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
While I do think Floyd is overrated, they do still have some great songs. Comfortably Numb is magnificent.

It is, and so is "Wish You Were Here." The problem (for me) is that when they are bad - which (to me) is the rest of their entire catalogue - they are (to me) just awful. It doesn't help that all of my friends knew how I felt about them, and when these friends weren't bending over backwards to convince me with lame arguments that I was wrong, they were tormenting me by playing Floyd (and the ****ing Dead) on the jukebox over and over and over out of malevolent spite, which goes some way (but not the entire way) toward explaining why I was so extremely plastered every time we went out.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It is, and so is "Wish You Were Here." The problem (for me) is that when they are bad - which (to me) is the rest of their entire catalogue - they are (to me) just awful. It doesn't help that all of my friends knew how I felt about them, and when these friends weren't bending over backwards to convince me with lame arguments that I was wrong, they were tormenting me by playing Floyd (and the ****ing Dead) on the jukebox over and over and over out of malevolent spite, which goes some way (but not the entire way) toward explaining why I was so extremely plastered every time we went out.

Now the Dead...that is a garbage band. I get that they were a jam band and all but still.

Back to Floyd...Roger Waters released a solo album called Radio K.A.O.S. in the 80s that is pretty great.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I had a dream I arrived in Rome, but was upset to learn we were flying back that same night (because that’s practical, a day trip in a place across the Atlantic)

But now I’m upset I’m not actually in Rome at all :(

It’s better to have love and lost than to never have loved at all.

Reactions: Jray42

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I had a dream I arrived in Rome, but was upset to learn we were flying back that same night (because that’s practical, a day trip in a place across the Atlantic)

I wish I slept longer than 3 hours last night. So I'm jelly you had a dream :laugh:.

Reactions: Jray42

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Not exactly sure where I would be moving to (as that is still being figured out), but it would be near Hannibal.
So closer to Oswego than Syracuse. You'll be about an hour and a half from me then. And since you're out in the sticks, you're gonna get EXTRA BURIED in the winter. :laugh: At least I'm in a suburb on the border of the city so even though I'm right on the lake we have plows going all the time.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I get creeped out in upstate NY when I drive up through there going to the Adirondacks every year. Hope for your sake it's better than what you see along route 8/12 :scared:

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
So glad we got out basement waterproofing done about a month ago. It's been raining on some forrest gump in vietnam levels. By now my entire basement would have been flooded and now it's bone dry. Good test of how decent of a job the contractor did.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I may try to find a place in the Baldwinsville/Liverpool area though. Hopefully that won't be as bad.
I have a a friend in Baldwinsville but I haven't actually been to see him there. I think he had to move back in with his dad after a string of failed teaching jobs. I did visit him years ago in Herkimer. NEVER go to Herkimer. Unless you're filming The Walking Dead.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Luckily, I have no use to go there :laugh:.
My most treasured memory of Herkimer was the gang of menacing elderly thugs, one looking like an ancient James Dean with a Natty Ice dangling precariously from his fingertips, a pack of smokes rolled up in his sleeve, and a sneer on his lips hanging out on a bench outside the library on a Tuesday afternoon.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

OK, next time you have that dream, you'd probably need to prioritize the Colosseum and Forum, or the Vatican. With one day there wouldn't be time to do more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad