OT: 62nd Obsequious Banter Thread: Reverse Michal Handzus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Crazy, we’ve all be here longer than @Striiker has been alive...
giphy.gif

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
So my laptop won’t “wake up” from hibernation when I power on. Tried a hard restart and still have a black screen. This has been going on for a couple weeks now, but it eventually turns on if I unplug it (sometimes after several tries). Today nothing is working. Any suggestions?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So my laptop won’t “wake up” from hibernation when I power on. Tried a hard restart and still have a black screen. This has been going on for a couple weeks now, but it eventually turns on if I unplug it (sometimes after several tries). Today nothing is working. Any suggestions?

Geek Squad

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Take out the battery and hold the power button for 30 seconds to discharge it? If there's a CMOS reset button on the bottom to do the same, you could try that.

Reactions: Danko

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Geek Squad
Cmon guy. I’m trying to avoid that. I think it’s still under warranty anyway so I could send it back to the company to look at but I’m trying to avoid that. I really just want to chuck it through a wall right now. :laugh:

Take out the battery and hold the power button for 30 seconds to discharge it? If there's a CMOS reset button on the bottom to do the same, you could try that.
I figured that was the next step. I gotta find a screw driver now. :facepalm:

I think this is a Windows 10 issue btw. I tried a restore last week and it didn’t help.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Definitely do this because it's worth a shot, but it sounds like the Power Supply is going or has a loose connection. Check into the Power Settings as well. Different profiles for plugged/unplugged, etc.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia

Once you get it back in a working state, make sure windows and all drivers are fully up to date and look for any bios updates that may be available. Sounds software/firmware related to me.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Definitely do this because it's worth a shot, but it sounds like the Power Supply is going or has a loose connection. Check into the Power Settings as well. Different profiles for plugged/unplugged, etc.
I don’t know if unplugging and powering on was a coincidence or not. It didn’t work every time but I figured I’d try it and it worked a few times. Not helping today.

Taking the battery out didn’t help. :(

Once you get it back in a working state, make sure windows and all drivers are fully up to date and look for any bios updates that may be available. Sounds software/firmware related to me.
I think so too. Unfortunately I’ve been trying to get this thing up for about 3 hours and I’m not getting anything.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don’t know if unplugging and powering on was a coincidence or not. It didn’t work every time but I figured I’d try it and it worked a few times. Not helping today.

Taking the battery out didn’t help. :(

Did you try starting it with the battery removed? Don't try this if your location is prone to power surges and you're not behind a UPS.

Try setting every Power Setting to High Performance too if it ever boots again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->