GDT: #62 Yinzers @ Your Columbus Blue Jackets

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'll defend the fourth line... I actually thought they had some great shifts. They may have played a little too much, but when they were on the ice they were effective. If Riley Nash had virtually any confidence, he just might have had a goal.
I don’t think they played too many minutes. It’s that the third line played too few And that the top two lines (9/13 and 77/38/71) played too many....and played poorly to boot.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Terrible game but we still have a game in hand against Pitt and Carolina

Yep, as much as tonight sucked, we’re still ahead of Pens, Canes and Habs in point percentage and will have the tiebreaker over all of them. We looked like garbage tonight, and yet if we had converted that 3-on-0, who knows what would’ve happened.

We need to get at least one of the last two against the Pens though, not just for the standings, but for confidence. And ideally not a 6-4 shootout but a great game from Bob.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I thought with the deadline in the past that Artemi would look rejuvenated/back to beginning season form... yeah, no.

He is so damn talented but can look so damn listless at times, as if he doesn't even want to be playing. tonight was one of those nights. dude has one of the greatest shots in the entire league and has been looking to pass the puck 90 percent of the time. so. frustrating.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I’m hopefully moving soon and will control my cable again at that point (I have kind of a weird living arrangement atm). Might have to invest in Center Ice for the balance or at least next year.
Go with CI.. You can get a reduced rate for the rest of the season... CBJ are going to make the playoffs, I guarantee it...

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I want to chalk this one up to the new guys needing to find their way, but the old tropes are all there... Bob not playing up to the occasion. Torts overthinking lines. Skaters broadly sleepwalking until they find themselves in a hole.

But seriously, I have to say the common denominator in those games tend to be Bob simply not bailing out the team when it's faltering. A Vezina-caliber goaltender can't continuously be the first one to drown when the ship starts sinking. I just don't understand it.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
You have to give credit to Pittsburgh, they played everyone of our forwards with little to no space. Columbus as a whole just plays afraid and backs off on every rush. Werenski and Harrington the main culprits. Sometimes I think Jones is the only guy who is capable of playing defense consistently for this team.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
You have to give credit to Pittsburgh, they played everyone of forwards with little to no space. Columbus as a whole just plays afraid and backs off on every rush. Werenski and Harrington the main culprits. Sometimes I think Jones is the only guy who is capable of playing defense consistently for this team.

giving pittsburgh credit is something I never will do. it's not in my blood. I don't care if they win a game 10-2. you will never find me giving credit to the Pens.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Aside from Bob , I think people need to realize that it will take probably 5-10 games to really gel . We had the bs goalie interference goal called back , a couple wide open goals we passed the puck on , and Torts love affair with the Riley Nash line. Essentially , we have 2 new players in our top 6 . It was a disappointing night , but I have no doubt we will get it together .

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
You have to give credit to Pittsburgh, they played everyone of our forwards with little to no space. Columbus as a whole just plays afraid and backs off on every rush. Werenski and Harrington the main culprits. Sometimes I think Jones is the only guy who is capable of playing defense consistently for this team.
We missed Ryan Murray tonight big time.
Not an excuse, Pens were missing 2 of their top D. But Ryan Murray this year makes a big difference. Not just in play but in slotting others. Werenski - either no confidence or just lackadaisical lack of urgency.

And c’mon Bob. We need you at your best.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'll defend the fourth line... I actually thought they had some great shifts. They may have played a little too much, but when they were on the ice they were effective. If Riley Nash had virtually any confidence, he just might have had a goal.

(Reposting because I butchered my first post.....)
I don’t think they played too many minutes. It’s that the third line played too few And that the top two lines (9/13 and 77/38/71) played too many....and played poorly to boot.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Post game... Torts refuses to comment on a Portzline question about Bob.... crickets.. hahaha

He was very depressed....

Number one issue according to Torts, NOT ENOUGH offense.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
(Reposting because I butchered my first post.....)

9 and 13 should have played less, but I think our second line was OK. They even scored a goal that got taken back. It should be spread out more, I agree.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Well, there you have it.... Next game Thursday vs the Broad Street Bullies...

The big question..... who starts!!! I have my pick.... :)

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Weird game to be at. Granted, it's been awhile since I have been to a week-night game. I brought a pin and I dropped it several times.

It echoes through eternity.

I-See-What-You-Did-There-Internet-Meme-2-Vinyl-Decal-Sticker__90128.1506202918.jpg

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Post game... Torts refuses to comment on a Portzline question about Bob.... crickets.. hahaha

He was very depressed....

Number one issue according to Torts, NOT ENOUGH offense.
In the past 20 games Bjork has flashed his goal scoring skill along with great vision and a new aggressiveness. Tonight he scored and had another great chance as he rushed on the wing. So Torts played him 11 minutes tonight and low minutes other nights. I’m not on a crusade for Bjork, rather it’s an example of talent waste. No offense? Go look in the damned mirror Torts. Yes, I’m pissed!

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Weird game to be at. Granted, it's been awhile since I have been to a week-night game. I brought a pin and I dropped it several times.

It echoes through eternity.
How many of the exact same songs were played from the last time you went ? Game ops is beyond pitiful at Nationwide , and don’t get me wrong , it’s a loud deafening building , if the fans are engaged . Thing is , they aren’t . Slow transitions , and the same ole , same ole every night , gets old

Reactions: CPTN71

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
In the past 20 games Bjork has flashed his goal scoring skill along with great vision and a new aggressiveness. Tonight he scored and had another great chance as he rushed on the wing. So Torts played him 11 minutes tonight and low minutes other nights. I’m not on a crusade for Bjork, rather it’s an example of talent waste. No offense? Go look in the damned mirror Torts. Yes, I’m pissed!
Gotta agree. At some point you have to let your guys who "are flawed defensively" to just figure it out in the d zone. We had the momentum at the end of the 2nd but just could never pot that 3rd goal. To be honest I dont think it was ever coming, Pittsburgh's journeymen had our new team completely shutdown.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Based on what several here have said and I myself watched... Torts lines and matchups tonight could have been better... Almost as if he and his staff where not prepared... At home we should always have the correct lines out there... just saying.

Reactions: The Bread Man

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Yup , Torts being Torts . Sure wish he held himself to same accountability that he does to certain players . Also , Now that Wennberg is sticking around for the remainder of the year , you can’t tell me that he isn’t atleast better than Nash , or Dubinsky .

Reactions: Robert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad