GDT: #62 Yinzers @ Your Columbus Blue Jackets

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
That was about as bad as that could have gone. We have arguably the strongest team on paper and Pittsburgh had a defense full of AHLers and we just made them look like Norris Trophy Candidates. Gotta try out Kinkaid against the Pens.

VABUCK

Oct 31, 2014
Midlothian, VA
Trying to be too cute. Too many passes!

Bob was horrible none of the goals were unstoppable!

Some guys playing tonight should be healthy scratches Thursday night!

Reactions: We Want Ten

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I have a lot of things to say about this game, but wanted to get this one out of the way:

What Crosby did to Jones on the ENG just now was EXACTLY what Jones did to him on the breakaway. How is the situation different? Because one is Sidney Crosby, and one isn’t. The game was more than over, but nonetheless.

Same reason our first goal was waived off. Pissburgh always gets the calls. 50/50, 70/30, even 90/10... they will get the f***ing 10.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
21 shots against minor league d-lines and 3 more softies from Bob.

F****** embarrassing.

I am absolutely never getting excited for this team again. EVER. It's time to temper our expectations the rest of the year. Just making the playoffs would be an accomplishment at this point.

No Jacket fan is happy right now but it's only one game grasshopper.... The Jackets will make the playoffs, book it!

Reactions: We Want Ten

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Trying to be too cute. Too many passes!

Bob was horrible none of the goals were unstoppable!

Some guys playing tonight should be healthy scratches Thursday night!

The first goal was not stoppable.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Same reason our first goal was waived off. Pissburgh always gets the calls. 50/50, 70/30, even 90/10... they will get the ****ing 10.
Yup. And I’m not going to shit my pants over one 4-2 game, where a 3rd goal was called back. The result ended up making it look much worse than it actually was.

I don’t even think Bob was that bad. First goal you can’t put on him, and both of the deflected shots you can’t either. Just the last one, but he was left out to dry by Harrington. So, all in all, I don’t think Bob was bad, to be honest.

AZRoadRunner

CBJ Tucson
Mar 29, 2014
Arizona
21 shots against minor league d-lines and 3 more softies from Bob.

F****** embarrassing.

I am absolutely never getting excited for this team again. EVER. It's time to temper our expectations the rest of the year. Just making the playoffs would be an accomplishment at this point.
Fully confident we'll be WC#2 so we can face the Bolts. Hope that makes Jarmo happy.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Well that was a nightmare. Why its always against cindyburgh... Only plus was couple of great tackles. Nash needs a football goal or he cant score... crucial games ahead if cant beat pit in to coming games against them we are in deep ****

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Yup. And I’m not going to **** my pants over one 4-2 game, where a 3rd goal was called back. The result ended up making it look much worse than it actually was.

I don’t even think Bob was that bad. First goal you can’t put on him, and both of the deflected shots you can’t either. Just the last one, but he was left out to dry by Harrington. So, all in all, I don’t think Bob was bad, to be honest.
You cannot win with performances like that in the preseason, regular season, or the playoffs. He needs to make a save against a big team in a big game.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Yup. And I’m not going to **** my pants over one 4-2 game, where a 3rd goal was called back. The result ended up making it look much worse than it actually was.

Partial disagree... Bob makes $7m+ a year, I expect him to stop at least two of the three that went by him.

I thought they played well, just looked tentative, especially with scoring chances. The thing about the Penguins is, one chance and it's in your net. Bob has never found a way to be a difference maker against them so it feels like we change our entire game to play them. Too many guys trying to block shots and do too much.

If they played like they did Saturday, I have no doubt that they win this game, and win big.

Maybe the mental block is just that? Too much circling this game on the calendar, guys overthink it and try to do too much.

Whatever the case, f*** it's tiring to watch.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I thought the new guys were pretty terrible tonight. Dzingel didn’t do a whole lot to impress me. Panarin and Duchene look to have zero chemistry. McQuaid was OK but kind of stands out as an oaf on this D corps.

Also, Torts played the 4th line WAY too much. Nash seemed to be on my screen the entire game. How does that happen?

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
It was quiet from puck drop. I don’t get the fans sometimes

Columbus sports fans like to be entertained.

This consists of a Plain hot dog, maybe a coke. Sit on the hands to keep them warm. Hey youngster, down in front! These apelike fans in black and yellow sure like to scream and yell a lot. Maybe I should have the usher calm them down. If things get a little crazy, maybe we can chant the opposing goalie’s name even though we are losing. That would be a party. That would use up all of our cheering tokens, though.

Last edited:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I'll defend the fourth line... I actually thought they had some great shifts. They may have played a little too much, but when they were on the ice they were effective. If Riley Nash had virtually any confidence, he just might have had a goal.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I thought the new guys were pretty terrible tonight. Dzingel didn’t do a whole lot to impress me. Panarin and Duchene look to have zero chemistry. McQuaid was OK but kind of stands out as an oaf on this D corps.

Also, Torts played the 4th line WAY too much. Nash seemed to be on my screen the entire game. How does that happen?
18 and 95 had no chemistry but when he was playing with 19 and 28 the trio looked good.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
3 of the 4 goals need to be saved. Or at least 1 of the two on ones. Need a big save or two from your goalie, never came. Even Murray had a big save.

Reactions: Gagnefan924

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad