Post-Game Talk: #62: Penguins 3 at FLYERS 4 (OT), Saturday, Feb. 23, 2019, 8:00 pm ET

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
I don't want Simmer to go... I want him to want to stay so bad in his mind that he would accept a contract that was good for both parties
but I'm dreaming and I know it. Mac needs to go and if we have to retain %30 so be it. Myers looked good again and he and Ghost seem like a good pairing, Gudas is back next
game so put him back with Hagg and finish the season. Varone can go back down now, seen enough.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I don't want Simmer to go... I want him to want to stay so bad in his mind that he would accept a contract that was good for both parties
but I'm dreaming and I know it. Mac needs to go and if we have to retain %30 so be it. Myers looked good again and he and Ghost seem like a good pairing, Gudas is back next
game so put him back with Hagg and finish the season. Varone can go back down now, seen enough.

Take sentimentality out of it and I don’t want him to stay. He offers very little nowadays and we couldn’t get him to sign a deal that represents what he’s truly worth.

I hope and pray Fletch looks past the short sighted hopes of the players and moves him on. We can get a really solid return.

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
Take sentimentality out of it and I don’t want him to stay. He offers very little nowadays and we couldn’t get him to sign a deal that represents what he’s truly worth.

I hope and pray Fletch looks past the short sighted hopes of the players and moves him on. We can get a really solid return.

I get that, I wish Simmer understood his monetary worth but they gotta get while they can, but I'm going to need them to sign someone to fill that role for half the money.. the role of a team first guy, physical, protects our guys that need it and can get the puck in the net 15+++ times a year playing 3rd or 4th line minutes. Can only think of a couple but that's what I need.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I get that, I wish Simmer understood his monetary worth but they gotta get while they can, but I'm going to need them to sign someone to fill that role for half the money.. the role of a team first guy, physical, protects our guys that need it and can get the puck in the net 15+++ times a year playing 3rd or 4th line minutes. Can only think of a couple but that's what I need.

Tampa don’t really have a physical guy who stands up for team mates. I think it’s a concept that’s gone out of the game but we cling onto it. I love you Simmer but we need to move on.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Tampa don’t really have a physical guy who stands up for team mates. I think it’s a concept that’s gone out of the game but we cling onto it. I love you Simmer but we need to move on.

kilorn, hedman, coburn, callahan. They are not as diminutive as one may be led to believe.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
40 minutes
53.57% ZSR

Sinc being put together the pairing has been maybe the worst in the NHL though... no joke.

33.99% Scoring Chances For
37.10% High Danger Chances For
43.49% CF

In 150 minutes...

It's almost like they're both bad hockey players who together just amplify each other's weaknesses. And now remember that Hak used them as shut down guys whenever we had the lead last year.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I know that Hagg is a popular whipping boy but last night his willingness to stand up to Lurch at 14:51 in the third turned around the game. IDK what was said or done in that scrum but Hagg gave the Freak all that he deserved. From that point on until G's goal, aside from Voracek's give away, the Flyers were the much better team won the ice. Kudos to Hagg for that play.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
We love ya Wayne Train!!!

It's time to go and we wish you the best :nod:

There's just no sense in keeping him. I hope today's the day. He deserves to go playoff beast mode for some team.

If he's a Leaf, I'll be cheering for them over Boston, NYI and Pitts. I really hate the Bruins. BJ's/Bolts/Habs/Panthers I wouldn't (but definitely cheer for him to do well).

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I know that Hagg is a popular whipping boy but last night his willingness to stand up to Lurch at 14:51 in the third turned around the game. IDK what was said or done in that scrum but Hagg gave the Freak all that he deserved. From that point on until G's goal, aside from Voracek's give away, the Flyers were the much better team won the ice. Kudos to Hagg for that play.

I enjoyed that moment. f***ing Shrek :madfire:

I despise AMac more. He's utterly useless and while Hagg isn't great at any of the zones, at least he can stand up for himself and doesn't starfish :laugh:

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016

Impossible! I have been told multiple times that he has never made a positive contribution to the flyers

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

What has Tampa won? The regular season? The last team to win the cup had several tough players that hit hard. The pens went so far as to add Ryan reaves for a first rounder. You can Stamkos your way through the reg season all you want but the playoffs are gritty. You need guys that like that style. The feel at home in it.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Yep I like him when he is utilized properly

Reactions: renberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad