Post-Game Talk: #62: Penguins 3 at FLYERS 4 (OT), Saturday, Feb. 23, 2019, 8:00 pm ET

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Still giddy from beating the shitty Pens :yo:

G's goal was awesome! Crysby can eat shit.

IMG_0393.PNG

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I know that Hagg is a popular whipping boy but last night his willingness to stand up to Lurch at 14:51 in the third turned around the game. IDK what was said or done in that scrum but Hagg gave the Freak all that he deserved. From that point on until G's goal, aside from Voracek's give away, the Flyers were the much better team won the ice. Kudos to Hagg for that play.
Shades of Goulbourne against St. Louis last year. Single-handedly won a game without making a play on the puck.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Great game, but lucky, that Voracek goal to tie was a prayer that was answered.

Voracek had his whole Flyer career in 60 minutes, bad turnover for goal, pass to Lindblom to set up a goal, lucky shot for tying goal, almost turned it over for the winning goal in OT.

Elliott had a great game, Flyers again played matador defense, Schultz shot was screened, none of the three goals against were "softees." Hopefully some GM watched him and saw a goalie that could give him a month of good play.

Unfortunately, this is the last seven years in a nutshell, good enough to put up a clutch performance against a better team, not good enough to beat better teams on a regular basis.
Did you miss the third goal or do you enjoy still just spewing nonsense?

Reactions: Rebels57

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Come home from Slaughter, f***ing killer FYI.

Run into a buddy haven’t seen in 5 yrs, mouthy Pens fan. Have a nice chat with him waiting for Great White, half way thru I say no score in game as I’m taping.

He says no score, but Pens are winning after 2. Now I’m pissed but still avoid score and watch when I get home. Those last 3 mins and OT were f***ing glorious.

Hats off to Wayne, I’ve been hard on him but loved his hit and Nolan’s hit on JJ.

madlee

Mar 7, 2015
Those three goals prove that it's better to shoot quickly than accurately.

Leading up to it, the Flyers were doing their over thinking, collecting the puck and taking an "accurate" wrist shot that gave Murray the time he needed to square up and let the shot hit him.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Last night was a lot of fun. Crowd was way louder than Pitts crowd was. Gritty was amazing.

I feel like the support between the 4 philly sports is bigger than it is most places.

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
Was at the game last night and anyone that doesn't enjoy the outdoor experience needs to give their head a shake but i will say the weather does need to be perfect for gameplay to be at the top level.

For a while there i thought the highlight of the night was going to be gritty streaking across the field. Ha ha

Reactions: Rebels57

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Trade Simmer to contender and he wins a cup

Then if he wants anything even close to long term, 3-4 years and 6 mill, it will have to be with a team like Yotes. No contender will pay him a big deal.
Good luck Simmer, you were a warrior.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Was at the game last night and anyone that doesn't enjoy the outdoor experience needs to give their head a shake but i will say the weather does need to be perfect for gameplay to be at the top level
I always enjoy it in the moment, but really couldn't care less before or immediately after the game ends. Last night wasn't as bad, but the outdoor games are usually slow and sloppy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad