Post-Game Talk: #62| New York Rangers @ New York Islanders| February 25th | 7:00 PM | F/OTL 4-3

How many goals will we score today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
This... squeeze every penny out of them Ryan. He deserves his payday.

7x6
That would be great but I can't imagine it being that high. I'm really surprised that he's only an RFA this summer. Feel like he's been around forever.

But they can't go to arbitration with him. Considering he's already getting $3.1m, he'll get $5m easy in arbitration. They saved some money by trading Skeji (I'm sad I can't yell "Sketchy" at games anymore), but they're still in a bind for next year.

Reactions: danteipp

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
I am curious to see tonights line combos I don't think #44 solves our scoring issues but he is a step in the right direction

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I am curious to see tonights line combos I don't think #44 solves our scoring issues but he is a step in the right direction
Doesn't completely solve the scoring, but Pageau, right now, leads the Islanders in goals, PP goals, and PP points. He's a big step in the right direction.

Reactions: CBG

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Doesn't completely solve the scoring, but Pageau, right now, leads the Islanders in goals, PP goals, and PP points. He's a big step in the right direction.

Not only that, but I think he indirectly helps with scoring because people can slot into more natural positions with him in the lineup, especially when we are healthy. We won't need to have Nelson be the only guy who can win a faceoff while also playing the checking center role and also expecting him to score. We won't need to throw Bailey or Brassard at center with a large focus on defense, which essentially kills the scoring threat on that line.

Reactions: IslesCLT

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
I guess it depends what he wants and for how long. But I can see Strome being an effective player going forward. Especially if you're pairing him up with Bread. And while you can say that he's a product of Bread, someone's gotta play with him and if Strome is the guy, so be it. I just hope he demands a lot based on his big season.

Strome always had the talent just needed to put it together on a consistent basis. I think the rangers are going to sign him and he will be a good player for them. We have Eberle who is doing well, Edmonton in a round about way has Athanasiou now. Everyone should be happy.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Not only that, but I think he indirectly helps with scoring because people can slot into more natural positions with him in the lineup, especially when we are healthy. We won't need to have Nelson be the only guy who can win a faceoff while also playing the checking center role and also expecting him to score. We won't need to throw Bailey or Brassard at center with a large focus on defense, which essentially kills the scoring threat on that line.
This is a great post. Brock gets some relief from the PK as well I would think. Bailey should be able to stop wondering what position he’s playing on any given night. 3C has caused us a lot of issues this season.

Reactions: 13th Floor

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Need to get the win tonight, especially if they are down Kreider (illness) and Buch. Ideally, the Isles should exploit the LHD in Staal, Lindgren and Smith (woof). Got to overwhelm them and shoot high on Georgiev, who in the times I have seen him play, seems to like to cover the bottom of the net and take his chances.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
We don’t have an elite 1-2 center punch but with a legit middle 6 center in Pageau we’re strong and solid down the middle 1-4 when Cizikas gets back. Going to be really good for our team.

Reactions: MJF

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
We don’t have an elite 1-2 center punch but with a legit middle 6 center in Pageau we’re strong and solid down the middle 1-4 when Cizikas gets back. Going to be really good for our team.

We're looking to make a Cup run with that elusive elite 3-4 center punch.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
A poster over on the Ranger board was laughing that they signed Kreider for 500k less than Lee … I'm laughing that we got identical production from the 152 pick as they did with the 19th pick in the 2009 draft.

Boom! You go Lee.

Reactions: xECK29x

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
A poster over on the Ranger board was laughing that they signed Kreider for 500k less than Lee … I'm laughing that we got identical production from the 152 pick as they did with the 19th pick in the 2009 draft.

Boom! You go Lee.
Because Kreider has never broken 30.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Boom! You go Lee.

Lee has multiple 30’goal seasons and a 4o goal season. Kreider has never even scored 30. Lee is also our leader and captain. You can maybe argue that Krieders game will age better but Lee has been the better player over the course of his career. They paid that much for a guy that has never potted 30. Maybe he does it this year but it’s a career year. They shouldn’t be laughing at anyone.

Reactions: The Real JT

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
Lee has multiple 30’goal seasons and a 4o goal season. Kreider has never even scored 30. Lee is also our leader and captain. You can maybe argue that Krieders game will age better but Lee has been the better player over the course of his career. They paid that much for a guy that has never potted 30. Maybe he does it this year but it’s a career year. They shouldn’t be laughing at anyone.

I just meant that they are both at .6 points per game for their careers. Lee is our Capitan and a more important member to the Islander at the moment than Kreider is to the Rangers for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino