Prospect Info: 61st overall Egor Sokolov LW, CB, QMJHL

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think at least one of our lines will be a 1B kind of line and possibly 2 of them. But i like our depth better the way its projecting.

Brady, Tim, Bath, Norris and maybe Pinto all have 1st line potential.

I think Stutzle is the only player we have that has 1st line potential that could match that of Marner or Nylander. I don't see a center on the Senators that can match up against Mathews or Tavares. Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson and Pinto will have to really develop much further to get there.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I think Stutzle is the only player we have that has 1st line potential that could match that of Marner or Nylander. I don't see a center on the Senators that can match up against Mathews or Tavares. Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson and Pinto will have to really develop much further to get there.
Yeah I'm not suggesting sens will have a top line that stacks up against the leafs'. That's one of the very best lines in hockey. When i was talking about stacking up against the leafs i was referring to the depth of talent mostly, and I think our bottom 9 forwards will be better.

Crookshank

Brandon
Apr 18, 2021
Could't disagree more... Tkachuk brings as much or more to win a hockey game than Marner and definitely Nylander. Individual point totals do not make the player.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Love this guy's attitude. Super down to earth and humble, doesn't take anything for granted. Constantly looking to improve his deficiencies and overall game, and actually appreciates feedback and recommendations from his coaches. Can't help but root for him, he worked his ass off to get drafted as an over ager, and knows he needs to earn his spot. You can tell he's very hungry. I really hope he makes it, we can definitely use his lethal shot and goal scoring on the roster, we're a little lacking in that department.

Reactions: Raze The Stray

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Tkachuk is the guy you want out against those two tiddlywinks, and against Matthews too. Pinto as well imo. Norris and Batherson hold their own as well.

If Logan Brown could finally make it (and stay healthy), it'd give us incredible options. He doesn't need to be an "elite" center, just a great playmaker. Norris and Pinto lines could match up against anybody.

Stutzle-Brown-Batherson
Tkachuk-Norris-Brown
Formenton-Pinto-Sokolov

That top-9 could be something else. The thing is that there's several other candidates like Greig, Jarventie, Crookshank... I guess White and Paul make up a good 4th line?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Size & strength down the middle, skill & speed on every line & some size & grit on every line. Unless the Sens acquire a RWer someone may have to play their offside or move Pinto to the wing if they have a better center option.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - L. Brown - Pinto
Jarventie - McTavish - C. Brown
Formenton - Paul - Sokolov
Crookshank - Greig - Grubbe

Chabot - JBD
Sanderson - Zub
Kleven - Mailloux/Thomson

Gustavsson - Daccord/Sogaard

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Yeah I'm not suggesting sens will have a top line that stacks up against the leafs'. That's one of the very best lines in hockey. When i was talking about stacking up against the leafs i was referring to the depth of talent mostly, and I think our bottom 9 forwards will be better.

This is what I see as well. The Sens are built to play 4 quality lines and win playoff games with speed, grit, edgy play and character, not a couple of superstars and solid depth We shall see if it works.

One advantage that comes with this approach is that you team can lose a few players to injury with a minimal impact.

Tavares is out for Toronto and now they are having trouble generating offense and generating offense is really hard in the playoffs.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Size & strength down the middle, skill & speed on every line & some size & grit on every line. Unless the Sens acquire a RWer someone may have to play their offside or move Pinto to the wing if they have a better center option.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - L. Brown - Pinto
Jarventie - McTavish - C. Brown
Formenton - Paul - Sokolov
Crookshank - Greig - Grubbe

Chabot - JBD
Sanderson - Zub
Kleven - Mailloux/Thomson

Gustavsson - Daccord/Sogaard

Pinto is made to be a centre, no chance he ever plays wing imo. Wouldn’t even be surprised if he’s the best of the bunch. Bath, C Brown and Sokolov is a good group of top 9 RWers.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Pinto is made to be a centre, no chance he ever plays wing imo. Wouldn’t even be surprised if he’s the best of the bunch. Bath, C Brown and Sokolov is a good group of top 9 RWers.

I agree, Pinto's skill set is tailor made for the center position, I hope they don't move him to the wing. Too early to say what his ceiling is, but wouldn't be surprised if he becomes an elite two way 2C. Anything better than that is just gravy.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would agree with you if L. Brown is traded or never plays on this team & I guess we'll find that out before the start of next season.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I would agree with you if L. Brown is traded or never plays on this team & I guess we'll find that out before the start of next season.

Pinto has been better in the NHL at 20 years old than Brown is at 23 - I don’t think Brown is surpassing him on the depth chart anytime soon.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Pinto has been better in the NHL at 20 years old than Brown is at 23 - I don’t think Brown is surpassing him on the depth chart anytime soon.
We'll see, but with all his issues it's hard to bet anything on L. Brown at this point. However, given what I have seen of him in the past IMO he has the greater offensive skillset while Pinto is the much better two way player.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
if he has a good offseason and improves his weaknesses and has a strong training camp and preseason I hope the team is fair to him and lets him start in the NHL and doesn't play the two contract politics.

Reactions: NB613 and Sweatred

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
if he has a good offseason and improves his weaknesses and has a strong training camp and preseason I hope the team is fair to him and lets him start in the NHL and doesn't play the two contract politics.

I think he will work his but off and make it hard for the team to cut him out of training camp.... prob struggled a bit and may need to go back down for a stretch.

Not a lot of room if we don’t ditch White/Dadonov/Tierney and if Logan plays until injuries pop up.

I wonder if Sok is allowed to compete for Formenton’s spot.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not a lot of room if we don’t ditch White/Dadonov/Tierney and if Logan plays until injuries pop up.
Only one of those guys is a winger, not sure how much of a difference any of them really make to Sokolov.

Formenton and Watson are the guys he'll likely be trying to beat for a spot imo. Dadonov will probably be given another chance to earn his contract unless he ends up in Seattle. Tierney is another potential Seattle bound guy,

I think we could fit him in:

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stützle-Pinto-Brown
Paul-White-Dadonov
Watson/Formenton-L.Brown/Tierney-Sokolov

Rotate Watson and Formenton, L.Brown gets a shot provided he can stay healthy, if Logan is in the center's might need to shuffle, he could flip with White.

That covers a 14 forward roster, and there's a good chance we lose one to Seattle. I don't think I'm missing anyone... Though there have been some signals we are looking to add this offseason

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Only one of those guys is a winger, not sure how much of a difference any of them really make to Sokolov.

Formenton and Watson are the guys he'll likely be trying to beat for a spot imo. Dadonov will probably be given another chance to earn his contract unless he ends up in Seattle. Tierney is another potential Seattle bound guy,

I think we could fit him in:

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stützle-Pinto-Brown
Paul-White-Dadonov
Watson/Formenton-L.Brown/Tierney-Sokolov

Rotate Watson and Formenton, L.Brown gets a shot provided he can stay healthy, if Logan is in the center's might need to shuffle, he could flip with White.

That covers a 14 forward roster, and there's a good chance we lose one to Seattle. I don't think I'm missing anyone... Though there have been some signals we are looking to add this offseason

Watson is a warrior - I can’t see him out fo the lineup when heathy. If I add Watson you have 15F ... if PD adds a F that’s 16... that enough to almost guarantee Sok starts in the A.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Nice to have him graduate when he is playing at >1.0 PPG type play... we don’t want another Colin White.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Watson is a warrior - I can’t see him out fo the lineup when heathy. If I add Watson you have 15F ... if PD adds a F that’s 16... that enough to almost guarantee Sok starts in the A.
Watson was already in my list of 14, as was L.Brown Formenton and Sokolov. I suspect we lose one of Tierney, L.Brown, Watson, or Dadonov to Seattle, but there's a chance they take a goalie.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
According to Troy Mann, plan is to work on his game in Belleville next year. Maybe gets some games mid season.

Sounds good to me.
I think you have to plan it out that way, but at the end of the day if he comes into camp and forces his way into the lineup, plans can change.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think you have to plan it out that way, but at the end of the day if he comes into camp and forces his way into the lineup, plans can change.

If he does something like lead the team in scoring it may influence things ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad