Post-Game Talk: #61 | FLYERS at Senators | Friday, Mar. 18, 2022 | 7:00 pm ET | TSN5, RDS, NBCSP+

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Ottawa jumps the Flyers in the standings. Important loss.
I didn't watch a second of this game tbh lol I didn't have the heart to watch it tonight, glad york is ok though, did he at least play well? I see some think frost wasn't very good

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Y'all see how poorly Frost played that one time? Crazy that none of you are acknowledging this... I mean I didn't watch but I'm sure it was incomprehensible
2022 version will be

Its all Frost's Hexy and TK's fault.

Fletch is wonderful per the scouts.

Tippett is a steal.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
You’re problem is you’re making a huge deal over number 11 on the list of things to criticize
Two simple questions:
1. Did Frost deserve criticism for his penalty?
2. Did a single poster so much as mention it in the GDT other than me?

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Two simple questions:
1. Did Frost deserve criticism for his penalty?
2. Did a single poster so much as mention it in the GDT other than me?
99% of all nhl player have to adapt to playing in the nhl. It is rarely a smooth process. Complaining about a young player adapting to playing in the league is 10 ply. Especially when the team as a whole is a tire fire being run by dimwits.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
99% of all nhl player have to adapt to playing in the nhl. It is rarely a smooth process. Complaining about a young player adapting to playing in the league is 10 ply. Especially when the team as a whole is a tire fire being run by dimwits.
Since you won’t answer, I will:

1. Frost absolutely deserved criticism for his penalty. And
2. No one so much as mentioned it but me.

Now you’re all continuing the excuse campaign. It’s sad.

My God, even Carchidi gets it:

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Ok guys so I may not have watched the game, but according to the stats frost has got to step up a little more, again I didn't watch, but purely off of stats he had a shit game

Reactions: ugiswrong

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I wouldn't ever use any beat writer tweet as a justification for your argument.

Charlie O'Connor is the best but he's even a mouthpiece for the org.
That’s the sad part. Carchidi of all people had to point out what you’d never know from this board. Except for what I posted.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
That’s the sad part. Carchidi of all people had to point out what you’d never know from this board. Except for what I posted.

You're upset that people don't call out Frost for a bad game? Are you just seeking validation for your constantly contrarian view points?

The reason most people on this board don't post anything about Frost or rip him is apart is because they see his overall play being a net positive to the team unlike some of the other dead weight that has been strapped to this team for years. Every player has a bad game, it's not worth constantly whining about. In the end most team success is measured by how many players are collectively a positive on ice contribution. Winning by one goal is just as useful as winning by ten. I didn't know that this needed to be said.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
You're upset that people don't call out Frost for a bad game? Are you just seeking validation for your constantly contrarian view points?

The reason most people on this board don't post anything about Frost or rip him is apart is because they see his overall play being a net positive to the team unlike some of the other dead weight that has been strapped to this team for years. Every player has a bad game, it's not worth constantly whining about. In the end most team success is measured by how many players are collectively a positive on ice contribution. Winning by one goal is just as useful as winning by ten. I didn't know that this needed to be said.
I’m pointing out that people want to hide Frost’s mistakes & I’m asking why. This was not a one-off.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I’m pointing out that people want to hide Frost’s mistakes & I’m asking why. This was not a one-off.

I'm pretty sure this overall premise has been relayed to you a few times.

It's excusable for a good player to have a bad game. It's excusable for a player that you perceive can be a future asset to have a bad game. What's not excusable is the same bad players that get rolled out by this organization time and time again. Players are routinely step up for failure by this organization. I mean it's likely that Arizona is going to receive some positive compensation for Gostisbehere if they sell him after this year. (as an example)

This organization doesn't prioritize success, they prioritize "the alliance to their ideology". Honestly it reminds me of the military industrial complex in a lot of ways and none of that is meant to be a complement.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I'm pretty sure this overall premise has been relayed to you a few times.

It's excusable for a good player to have a bad game. It's excusable for a player that you perceive can be a future asset to have a bad game. What's not excusable is the same bad players that get rolled out by this organization time and time again. Players are routinely step up for failure by this organization. I mean it's likely that Arizona is going to receive some positive compensation for Gostisbehere if they sell him after this year. (as an example)

This organization doesn't prioritize success, they prioritize "the alliance to their ideology". Honestly it reminds me of the military industrial complex in a lot of ways and none of that is meant to be a complement.
Are you contending that Frost’s good has outweighed the bad this season? And that his mistakes should be ignored?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I can’t speak for everybody but I’d imagine im not the only one but I sure as shit don’t watch Flyers games that fall on the weekends these days. :laugh:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Are you contending that Frost’s good has outweighed the bad this season? And that his mistakes should be ignored?

Let me ask you this. What do you think causes some clubs to be winners in the NHL over others? Let's also make sure we define winning correctly.. and say it's consistently being in the playoff mix for a period of time. Defining it as winning the cup is a poor idea since there's a good bit of luck tied into winning a cup.

To answer your question I don't have a good answer to that. I haven't watched much of this club for quite some time. I lost a lot of faith in this club with a lot of the direction Fletcher was going in.

You're getting lost looking at a tree while being surrounded in a forest and I say that because look where this club is currently. It's in the bottom of the league and they aren't going to the playoffs. Who cares what the outcomes of these games are. The core focus on the rest of this season should be maximizing the skill sets of the younger players. Do you ignore the mistakes? What. Why would anyone in their right mind do that? The Flyers coaches routinely jerk players around and you can go back to Dave Hakstol for that.

Morgan Frost should have a lot of value to this club. He's a positive trade-able asset, very cost controlled, young, and could fill a need at center. What should the Flyers do? Yank him out and sub him with trash and waste another positive commodity? That would be very on brand for the Flyers though. The top brass clearly doesn't understand how to build a roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad