Post-Game Talk: #61|FLYERS at Hurricanes | Tue., Feb. 24, 2015

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I've decided I shall make eggs like MacD plays hockey.

howtobasic-o.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think it's important to point out that it's not that the gifs didn't work, it's that we didn't start them soon enough.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
As much as I want to blame Berube...the fact that these guys were not fired up to play this game is really concerning.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Ah, just a coincidence then.

I was always a bigger AWS/Habitat fan.

Yeh, was pretty cool having a board with my name on though!

AWS was ridiculous for a while.

I really like Creature atm... some great video parts.

Though tbh these days I pretty much just wait for the next David Gravette/David Gonzalez/Grant Taylor/Brandon Westgate/Jimmy Carlin parts... those guys are absurd, just really stand out to me, all have really individual styles. Though still look forward to any Rowley/Saari/Penny/Mariano/Appleyard/Reynolds/Haslam/Gall/ footage etc... guys I grew up watching a heck of a lot of!

I am actually planning on starting skating again this summer after ~5 years off a board. But no proper street, just transition and maybe the odd backside pop shove it... never had to put any effort into those but had to work to get anything else landed!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
As much as I want to blame Berube...the fact that these guys were not fired up to play this game is really concerning.

That's a coaching issue. The Flyers are routinely not ready to play at the start of games, it's something that's been a problem with Berube from Day 1.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Watching a insider trading during Jets game, Bob M saying everyone wants D men, and no mention of us at all:rant:

ROR not likely to be dealt.

Coburn's the only noteworthy name we have & he's likely not getting traded considering he still has term left & where the team is in the standings.

They weren't mentioning Mez last year leading up to his trade last year for a reason (no one cared).

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
That's a coaching issue. The Flyers are routinely not ready to play at the start of games, it's something that's been a problem with Berube from Day 1.

In general I agree with you...but after this weekend, I would hope any hockey player would be pumped up and ready to get back out there. It was like a completely different team out there tonight. I blame a lot of this season on berube, but tonight was on the players.

Coaching and talent level will be discussed a lot this offseason...but this core group has been showing this Jekyll and Hyde act for a few years now. It's lasted through two coaches and now two GMs.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Explain the 7-1-5 run, then.

If we're looking solely at wins and record as the only things that matter, wouldn't the overall season record of 26-24-11 record and 22nd out of 30th placing take precedence over a 7-1-5 run? In which case, any run would just be considered natural variance.

If record is all that matters.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
In general I agree with you...but after this weekend, I would hope any hockey player would be pumped up and ready to get back out there. It was like a completely different team out there tonight. I blame a lot of this season on berube, but tonight was on the players.

Coaching and talent level will be discussed a lot this offseason...but this core group has been showing this Jekyll and Hyde act for a few years now. It's lasted through two coaches and now two GMs.

Our core group for the bulk of Homer's tenure consisted of the likes of Richards/Carter/Pronger/Briere/Hartnell/Timonen etc. There's not a lot of major players leftover from that. Mason was brought in late in Homer's tenure, Giroux is still here but has a far weaker team as compared to the likes of Richards/Carter had for most of their time here, Timonen is still here technically even though he hasn't played a game yet this season and he's likely retiring after this season, Coburn is still here though how much he figures into the core is questionable. Other then that there's not a lot of guys that have been here for all that long and if you look at our roster on the whole there's an embarrassing lack of home-grown talent (meaning, players picked and developed by the Flyers themselves rather then traded for or signed in free agency).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

That's supposedly why you have energy players like Zac Rinaldo to stir the pot and get his teammates fired up.

You also often see that the team never seems disappointed after losses. The coach rarely does too, unless he's calling them out in the media.

When you're not properly held accountable, bad habits like poor starts tend to seep in.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
That's supposedly why you have energy players like Zac Rinaldo to stir the pot and get his teammates fired up.

You also often see that the team never seems disappointed after losses. The coach rarely does too, unless he's calling them out in the media.

When you're not properly held accountable, bad habits like poor starts tend to seep in.

He was just "Baffled" tonight ?? Lol

Not a single question of TOI tonight either.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
If we're looking solely at wins and record as the only things that matter, wouldn't the overall season record of 26-24-11 record and 22nd out of 30th placing take precedence over a 7-1-5 run? In which case, any run would just be considered natural variance.
No. My god, of course not. There aren't 3,000 teams in the league. There are only 30.

It is not a terribly large sample size.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Yeh, was pretty cool having a board with my name on though!

AWS was ridiculous for a while.

I really like Creature atm... some great video parts.

Though tbh these days I pretty much just wait for the next David Gravette/David Gonzalez/Grant Taylor/Brandon Westgate/Jimmy Carlin parts... those guys are absurd, just really stand out to me, all have really individual styles. Though still look forward to any Rowley/Saari/Penny/Mariano/Appleyard/Reynolds/Haslam/Gall/ footage etc... guys I grew up watching a heck of a lot of!

I am actually planning on starting skating again this summer after ~5 years off a board. But no proper street, just transition and maybe the odd backside pop shove it... never had to put any effort into those but had to work to get anything else landed!

Awesome! I've been out of the game for a while, but skating was my life for about 15 years. Rode for my local shop and it was all I did every day.
Still love it, and still check out videos. Haven't been on a board in a long time, atleast not seriously. Picked up a new setup about a year ago with intentions of hitting up the new plaza in philly, but have yet to do so. I'm sure I'll get around to it someday... Being an adult is the worst

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Regression and Variance. Some of the things that led them to need to go 7-1-5 just to be 4 points out of the playoffs.

GKJ: The Flyers Weatherman.

Say what you want about Snider. He is the regression analysis expectation killer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad