GDT: #61: FLYERS at Canadiens, Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019, 7:30 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glak18

Jan 9, 2019
It's not the players. I feel bad for most of them. The poor fellas have been dealing with inept coaching for years. Under a legitimate regime this is all different.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Lotusflower

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Why do so many people insist on binary classifications like “bad vs. good?”

The system isn’t the reason they are getting smoked. They’re getting smoked because of poor goaltending & poor individual performances by many players.

Fans of certain players scurry to find diversions & excuses for their favorites performing poorly. So the team can go down 2-0 in 3 minutes due to soft goals & it’s already the coach’s fault. And a few minutes later when it’s 3-0 due to a young player deflecting it in his own net, it’s again, “System bad!”

No, this has been about a bunch of players on a bad team playing badly & the goaltender not bailing them out like he did during their winning streak.

The structure of a good system helps mitigate poor individual performances.

For example, if you've got guys struggling on defense a system that dumps the puck to give possession back and put the strugglers back in the strugglezone is counterproductive. Such a system also puts the goalies under more pressure too.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
It's not the players. I feel bad for most of them. The poor fellas have been dealing with inept coaching for years. Under a legitimate regime this is all different.
It’s everything. The front office and leadership are abhorrent. The broadcast team is awful. The coaching is awful. The core doesn’t show up to play on a consistent basis. It’s year after year of shit.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Can they just not count the 10 game win streak they do at the same time every year. Going to miss the playoffs and miss on a lottery pick. I'm calling it now that Simmonds or Voracek will get hurt on Saturday and they won't be able to move him.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
It's for the better anyway. Better shot at Hughes, and avoid the 1st round humiliation at the hands of a far superior team with a far superior coach, whoever that team may be. Going to pour another bourbon and watch Overlord. Between jobs for another 10 days so it's nothing but paint a room, work out, drink, sleep in, clean my office, work out, drink, repeat. I have matured to the point where I don't let this f***ing horse shit make me angry and f***ing depressed anymore... I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad