Prospect Info: 60th Overall, Albert Johansson, LD

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
"He sees the ice well, has a high panic threshold and can adjust his style of play to what is needed"., McKeen's Hockey 2019

"He’s a very good skater with fluid strides. He has quick first steps and is adept at handling the puck as he accelerates to top speed", Future Considerations 2019

"Has a hard shot from the blueline and he is not afraid to shoot the puck."

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
3rd defender taken in the top 60 for Detroit.

Gee, wonder what Yzerman is trying to fix first.
Is this a surprise? Green may be headed to LTIR and is likely done after this season regardless. Kronner at best has another year. Ericsson and Daley are gone/done after this season. Bowey is under team control but is he good enough? We have two players who figure to be on our roster after this point. DDK is what he is at this point, a bottom 4 D. Hronek looks very on track to be a top 4 for a long time. After that, we have huuuuge question marks everywhere with all of our other prospects. That includes Cholowski too. He figures to make the show, but will he ever be able to be a complete defender?

Totally on board with how they have picked this year. Wings need big mobile puck movers. Yesterday. We are not going to get these players through trade unless it is an over payment. If a couple of these players hit, we find ourselves in the enviable position of being able to sell to help cover up any other deficiencies we may have.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This seems very much like a Red Wings pick, as I can't recall hearing of this guy before. Just like Seider was a guy I heard the least about of the top guys.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Listen to Hakan talk about this kid... wow does he seem excited.

Yeah, it's clear this is a draft Hakan was heard about all these guys he really, really liked. When judging Hakan's career as a whole, this year will be a big factor.

Also, consider me surprised Hakan is only 54. It feels like he's been a Wings scout my entire life.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
That interview just got me so hyped for this draft class now lol.

You have a guy like Hakan saying these things about these players... and yeah, if it gets us excited about these players, of course it's going to excite the Wings draft room and Yzerman.

He says other scouts they have consider Albert may be "the best of them all." How can you not get hyped when your quality scouting team is saying that about a big mobile defender? Hell yeah.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
You have a guy like Hakan saying these things about these players... and yeah, if it gets us excited about these players, of course it's going to excite the Wings draft room and Yzerman.

He says other scouts they have consider Albert may be "the best of them all." How can you not get hyped when your quality scouting team is saying that about a big mobile defender? Hell yeah.

I’m very intrigued by this kid, look forward to tracking him from here.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Wanted this guy pre-draft, happy we were able to get him and excited to see how he looks at dev camp

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

cGIay9e.png

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Hos dad, Roger, was a top d-man in the late 90’s for Färjestad. Captained FBK when they won SHL 1997. Also a member of Sweden’s gold medal team in 1994 Olympics. Roger was an allround type of D, and played with an edge. Good pedigree for his son. Let’s hope Johansson is closer to what his dad was than Landon Ferraro or Dominic Turgeon turned out to be

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Hos dad, Roger, was a top d-man in the late 90’s for Färjestad. Captained FBK when they won SHL 1997. Also a member of Sweden’s gold medal team in 1994 Olympics. Roger was an allround type of D, and played with an edge. Good pedigree for his son. Let’s hope Johansson is closer to what his dad was than Landon Ferraro or Dominic Turgeon turned out to be
Jake Chelios….

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I’m pumped for this guy! Tremendous skater, poise with the puck, and Won’t just throw the puck away at the first sign of forecheck pressure. I think we may have just hit big with this kid!

Reactions: HisNoodliness

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad