GDT: #60 Sabers vs. Pens|Ge...dom! Sat, Feb. 22|1:00PM|PPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It's like the Pens just wanted to prove to themselves that they could get into first place if they really wanted to, and once they got there were satisfied and prefer not to have the bulls eye on them by being in first.

I can only hope there’s that amount of conscious decision that went to these losses...as opposed to we’re just bad...

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Shitty shitty D-corps. Thank effing good we have Letang because I'll happily trade away every single rest of the turds not injured for a bag of popcorn.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Sullivan will give his usual angry post game conference, but really, he's a lot to blame in this as well, you have to motivate this team to come out against the Sabres at least, after the game against Toronto and then the line-up choice, scratching Riikola for Trotman.

This crap is a full on team effort of pathetic play.

Except for Horny.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
AgedTalkativeBlackrhino-size_restricted.gif

Make the bad man stop!

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Shitty shitty D-corps. Thank effing good we have Letang because I'll happily trade away every single rest of the turds not injured for a bag of popcorn.

You’d trade away a collection of #5-8 dmen? Dang chill.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
S0... which direction do the Pens go to overpay for a defense upgrade?

Get someone who can actually move the puck (i.e. another Trevor Daley?) since right now only Letang can do that and he moves it to the other team way too much of the time; or someone who theoretically can actually clear the crease instead of being outmuscled every time (can't think of any recent deadline trades to compare to; it sure wasn't Ron Hainsey or Douglas Murray).

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Sullivan will give his usual angry post game conference, but really, he's a lot to blame in this as well, you have to motivate this team to come out against the Sabres at least, after the game against Toronto and then the line-up choice, scratching Riikola for Trotman.

This crap is a full on team effort of pathetic play.

Except for Horny.
Not to mention letting Simon slide for his terrible play. Zucker must think he ended up in bizarro world. Probably wants to go back.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
JR just needs to sit on his phone...there ain’t nothing out there that’s going to help this team...just get healthy and hope they decide to play hard and smart and the stars come out to play ...

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Watching this current D trying to play NHL hockey has become oh so tiresome.
Throw in the nothingness out of 2 or 3 F's as well.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Not knowing what's gonna happen in tomorrows game, I'll say this, Monday is going to be very interesting now. We've seen what this team can do and there shouldn't be all out panic based on a couple bad games in a row, but they have been sputtering a bit the last month or so (even when winning) and it seems injuries are certainly now catching up to them, especially Jake and Dumo. We'll see if JR thinks healing players will fix the team or if he needs to adjust the mix.

Jake, Dumo, and Marino.

You can't be this thin on the wings AND in terms of defensive ability to aid offensive transition and not expect it to catch up with you at some point.

The other issue is identity: The Pens identity flows from Sid and Geno attacking. When Sid was out but we had the Jake-Geno-Rust superline, that set the tone for everything. In an ideal world, you could have two lines stacked enough to set the tone for everything. Instead, we've got Sid and Geno both semi-neutered, and the whole attacking thing is hit or miss . . . and usually entails only one attacking.

Get Marino back. Maybe get him a partner. Then add a guy to the top 6 (not a top, top guy, but at least someone who fits better), and I still think the Pens can take anyone in 7.

But, I'm not sure JR finds the partners to make it happen, and I'm not sure that's the way he's inclined to go.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Say what you will about Riikola, but Trotman isnt an NHL player.
Agozzino and Trotman shouldn't be on this team, Agozzino is basically a regular right now, he's Sully's Kevin Porter this year, a guy that doesn't belong but is being used like he is. This would easily be remedied by moving McCann to C where he belongs and Blueger to the 4C spot.

But nah, need more Aggo and Trots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad