Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
giphy.gif

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Bet you wouldn’t trade Riikola tho

Wouldn't get much is my guess. But I bet you love Petts though... getting him for Sprong... ohh.. getting hard right now yeah?

Sprong sucks and so do Pettersson. Even though I like him as an asset since he's young and can improve. But right now, sucks.

Not trading Petts, even though he sucks.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Simon is what he is, a 4th liner that Sid likes for some reason. But for a "top 6 forward" Zucker certainly doesn't look like one.

Zucker disappeared for long stretches on the Wild...it’s why I feared paying the assets we did for him

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Zucker looked really good when the rest of the team was looking good, including Sid. Nobody looks good the last couple games.
But that's the thing though, I'd like Zucker to look good on his own because Sid can make anyone look good. If we're being honest, Lafferty looks more like a top 6 than Zucker today and he doesn't get to play with Sid.

Reactions: Andy99

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Congrats Pens, you kept the loss to the Globetrotters to below double digits. Well done, you deserve a cookie.

TheNorthPenguin

Oct 25, 2019
Jake, Dumo, and Marino.

You can't be this thin on the wings AND in terms of defensive ability to aid offensive transition and not expect it to catch up with you at some point.

The other issue is identity: The Pens identity flows from Sid and Geno attacking. When Sid was out but we had the Jake-Geno-Rust superline, that set the tone for everything. In an ideal world, you could have two lines stacked enough to set the tone for everything. Instead, we've got Sid and Geno both semi-neutered, and the whole attacking thing is hit or miss . . . and usually entails only one attacking.

Get Marino back. Maybe get him a partner. Then add a guy to the top 6 (not a top, top guy, but at least someone who fits better), and I still think the Pens can take anyone in 7.

But, I'm not sure JR finds the partners to make it happen, and I'm not sure that's the way he's inclined to go.
Yeah Marino is a big one as well, I just didn't include him because his seems to be known that his face will heal and he'll be back in a few weeks.

But yeah, I really think they need to go LD to solidify the top 4 and let the bottom pairing play out as it may from JJ, Petterson, Schultz. Gustafsson might not be perfect but his name being out there with the Pens loosely linked to him gives some hope that maybe JR is looking at that avenue.

The top 6 is concerning now as well. Especially if Sully is going to drop Zucker(....) instead of Simon when things aren't going, then they definitely need another legitimate body up there.

You are more in the know than I, and I tend to agree with you, might be too little too late or too many injuries where JR thinks the Pens will heal from within, but if this kind of mini losing streak was gonna happen, now is better than after Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad