Post-Game Talk: #60| Detroit Red Wings @ New York Islanders| February 21st | 8:00 PM | F/W 4-1

How many goals do we score tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
We aren't getting an impact forward. But there are some moves to be made to help the middle six without giving up the farm.......especially if we find a way to be creative and use our cap space

Enlighten me. Is there any player in particular you are pining over that is available? Someone that will put the puck in the net?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Passed out for awhile, but saw Eberle's goals and Leo's EN.

Goodnight all, looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight.

Is this the geriatric version of PWJunior? Less toilet, more bedtime?

But in all seriousness, feel better.

Reactions: PWJunior

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Enlighten me. Is there any player in particular you are pining over that is available? Someone that will put the puck in the net?

An example? Sure, there are plenty.

Id go after Grant for a third. I wanted Kase, but Boston got creative and got them to take on Backes which cost them a first...I'd probably take Ilya for a third as well.

Don't know exactly whether Palmieri or Trochek are going to be made available or not, but obviously with term and their cap hit I would have some interest....of course that would actually cost...

Id see what the asking price was for Sheary and Donato are as well.

By farm I mean holding on to our first round picks (unless it is for a top 6er with term left), Noah, Sorokin and Ollie....period...because they really are our farm lol

Bellows, Aho and Koivula are all 3 available in the right deal

Last edited:

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
An example? Sure, there are plenty.

Id go after Grant for a third. I wanted Kase, but Boston got creative and got them to take on Backes which cost them a first...I'd probably take Ilya for a third as well.

Don't know exactly whether Palmieri or Trochek are going to be made available or not, but obviously with term and their cap hit I would have some interest....of course that would actually cost...

Id see what the asking price was for Sheary and Donato are as well.

By farm I mean holding on to our first round picks (unless it is for a top 6er with term left), Noah and Ollie....period...because they really are our farm lol

Bellows, Aho and Koivula are all 3 available in the right deal

Fair enough, apparently Trocheck is or it is just the twitter darlings blowing smoke. If he hasn't completely fell off a cliff like some alluded to he'd be a great fit in Trotz system.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Fair enough, apparently Trocheck is or it is just the twitter darlings blowing smoke. If he hasn't completely fell off a cliff like some alluded to he'd be a great fit in Trotz system.

ya, Im not sure I am buying the smoke today that they aren't aggressively going after defense or that the Leafs suddenly are packing it up either- since they are both right there fighting for third in the Atlantic....so they may be forced to move one of their forwards....

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
He signed that a long time ago, he won't be getting that much again this summer I wouldn't think. He clearly likes Lamoriello too so maybe there's something to that.

I said this in the trade thread regarding Andy. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he signs a very generous one year contract with you guys. With Lou being the main reason and he also doesn't have to uproot his family to play for you guys.

As a Devil's fan it was just time for us to move on. Andy deserves to be on a playoff team as well. We're not gonna be a playoff team untill 22-23 most likely and Andy Greene deserves better. He's been a soldier for us for almost 1000 games.

His career is a great story; to not be drafted, become one of the best defensive defenseman in hockey, play 1000 games and be named a captain. It's a great underdog story and he accomplished it by shear will. A player like him with his size and style while not unusual now was not the norm 14 years ago when Lou took a chance on him.

Alright I'll stop kissing Andy's butt lol. I just have a lot of respect for him and as a Devil's fan I've seen a lot of great defenseman over the last 25 years and besides Stevens, Niedermayer and Rafalski, he's the best we've had over that time, in my opinion. His career stats don't come close to telling the whole story.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Pet doggie.

Win.

Repeat.
20200221_182238.jpg

Reactions: SI90

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Detroit is pretty bad and came up on the schedule at the right time. Team still needs to add a forward, I am hoping on Henrique or Palmieri but kind of expect LeBanc to switch locker rooms on Sunday

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
Detroit is pretty bad and came up on the schedule at the right time. Team still needs to add a forward, I am hoping on Henrique or Palmieri but kind of expect LeBanc to switch locker rooms on Sunday
I’d love to get Lebanc even though I don’t see San Jose moving him. 24 years old, 56 points last year, only 31 this year but no one on the Sharks has had a good year. Only down fall is we have to resign him this offseason.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
thought the entire team played well. tight D, moved the puck around well.

surprised at Ladd being brought back up and think that he could be a real boost, down the stretch. if he stays healthy.

experience and grit become important down the stretch and in the PO's, and if we're healthy, i think we can slip in and steal a series, maybe 2...

i would be happy if we can land an experienced middle 6 sniper. looking at UFA's, i'm still thinking that Simmonds would be just what the Dr. ordered.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
This game would be over if they had one goal scorer.

They did tonight. Ebs 2nd goal was vintage Ebs sniping, sadly he doesn't do that enough. NYI needs more of exactly that. Hoping Lou smartly buys this weekend.

One of Toews' and MDC's best games. Toews played a full 200 ft. game for a D man. MDC looked like an effective bottom 6'er, not a borderline.

The Wings played well, I'm glad they did to test NYI.

I can see why Greene is underrated, he's smart, quiet, and does his job. He may want to finish his career in NJ, I wouldn't mind him signing a 1-year deal; let Dobson germinate in the AHL, makes Leddy somewhat expendable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad