Post-Game Talk: #60| Detroit Red Wings @ New York Islanders| February 21st | 8:00 PM | F/W 4-1

How many goals do we score tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Correct way to think, but he's getting 5M/year now and can't be signed anywhere near that even for one year.

He signed that a long time ago, he won't be getting that much again this summer I wouldn't think. He clearly likes Lamoriello too so maybe there's something to that.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I want Greene re-signed. I know it’s only been a few games but the man can play defense.

re-sign him and trade Leddy for some offensive help in the offseason.
He looks good. No doubt. If he does one of those Chara one year deals. I am in.

Reactions: SI90

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Whatever you wanna say about it, we needed those 2 points and got them.

On to the Sharks

They had the typical flatness you see first game back after a long road trip. They’ll probably be much sharper Sunday

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Defensively, this team is way better with Greene on it- and that is with two of their biggest hitting forwards out. You get Clutter back next week and Cizikas shortly after it could be all the way back, especially if they can get Noah to join in on the right side spelling Boychuk to keep him fresh...

Offensively, it is still barren. Need to come out with two forwards by Monday to put into this mix.....without giving up the farm

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm learning boys. :laugh:

Not sure if you know the origin of that or not.

In a non-televised (local only) pre-season game against Philadelphia there was a handful of us watching via an illegal stream. The game goes to overtime, Pulock blasts a bomb into the net, within a fraction of second of the game being over this terrible recorder version of the song starts playing over the feed. Made absolutely no sense then, makes less now, but it was really damn funny.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Defensively, this team is way better with Greene on it- and that is with two of their biggest hitting forwards out. You get Clutter back next week and Cizikas shortly after it could be all the way back, especially if they can get Noah to join in on the right side spelling Boychuk to keep him fresh...

Offensively, it is still barren. Need to come out with two forwards by Monday to put into this mix.....without giving up the farm

I’m not sure they can even come up with 2 legit forwards this summer. Nevermind by Monday

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach

How does one do this?

I mean we could pick up Tyler Kennedy or Shane Prince types but we won't get an impact guy without giving up something that stings a little.

No need for mediocre depth. We have plenty energy guys in the fold ... If they could swing a deal for JGP continent on a contract being signed than we could offer something of value.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
How does one do this?

I mean we could pick up Tyler Kennedy or Shane Prince types but we won't get an impact guy without giving up something that stings a little.

We aren't getting an impact forward. But there are some moves to be made to help the middle six without giving up the farm.......especially if we find a way to be creative and use our cap space

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not sure if you know the origin of that or not.

In a non-televised (local only) pre-season game against Philadelphia there was a handful of us watching via an illegal stream. The game goes to overtime, Pulock blasts a bomb into the net, within a fraction of second of the game being over this terrible recorder version of the song starts playing over the feed. Made absolutely no sense then, makes less now, but it was really damn funny.
Thanks for that. I was wondering why? I get the my heart can go on part but this makes more sense. I can't help but crack up at this version. It's awful, but somehow it feels so right. You Isles fans. lol

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

If this is a joke, why are you not making it clear?

If it's not...Get a grip. If you don't give up what little "farm" the Isles have then you're going to wind up trading for more Tom Kuhnhackl's and still not winning the Cup.

There's no good move to be made by Monday. The Isles have the face the fact they're just not good enough, do the best they can, and attack the offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad