Post-Game Talk: #60|Capitals at FLYERS | Sun., Feb. 22, 2015|

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
That's good, would have sucked to lose him as Kimmo/Mason are about to come back.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think Ward's goal is a bad goal for Zepp. Better goalies may make that save, but Ward just turned and fired and found the corner. Not much he could have done.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I don't think Ward's goal is a bad goal for Zepp. Better goalies may make that save, but Ward just turned and fired and found the corner. Not much he could have done.

I agree with this. Yeah some goalies might have reacted and made the save but you are playing the odds and taking away other parts of the net. I don't think you back on Ward making and no look, turn around shot with a rolling puck into the top corner.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I got a text alert about Rinaldo's "fight" today, so lame, I love how Rinaldo totally got blasted with his gloves on and he gets 5 for fighting, the reffing is a joke and what kind of ******** is it that you get calls based on reputation that's seriously ridiculous, if you break the rules call it, not call something because of the name on the back of the jersey, the refs are a joke, and the NHL is a bigger joke, when Crosby can cry his way out of call and the refs overturn it, this league has lost it's integrity, and it would be nice if someone stepped up and called people out on it, sorry for the rant

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
How about this bottom 6 instead...

Vv PEB Read
Rinaldo White Umberger

... That 3rd line looks a lot better to me.

If the Flyers make the playoffs and the Phantoms don't.

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
BSchenn-Couturier-Simmonds
Read-Laughton-Umberger
Vdv-Bellemare-White

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'd imagine they might go with 7 defensemen when Timonen comes back to break him in slowly so both Rinaldo & Vinny might be occupying the pressbox for a couple of games there.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
yeah watched the game and saw the ''fight'' what was the deal did rinaldo just try to draw penalty or...

looked sorta like rinaldo was worried he'll be sitting again if he fights?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I'd imagine they might go with 7 defensemen when Timonen comes back to break him in slowly so both Rinaldo & Vinny might be occupying the pressbox for a couple of games there.
That's what I would prefer. We can double shift a forward. That makes the 4th line much more useful than Rinaldo on it.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
yeah watched the game and saw the ''fight'' what was the deal did rinaldo just try to draw penalty or...

looked sorta like rinaldo was worried he'll be sitting again if he fights?

yes thats exactly what he did.. he clearly let Chimera hit him clean..

the fact Zac got a penalty was total and utter *********.

5 mins for getting punched, NHL reffing is a joke.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
yes thats exactly what he did.. he clearly let Chimera hit him clean..

the fact Zac got a penalty was total and utter *********.

5 mins for getting punched, NHL reffing is a joke.

wow. i would have lost it. dont drop the gloves, get nailed and get five minutes. saw the ref talking to him...love to have heard that bull**** explanation.

''well son lets see...you did leave your chin in an punchable position, you hit his fist with your face, you almost fell on him and you got your blood on his uni soooo....ill let you go with 5'' wtf.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
If the Flyers make the playoffs and the Phantoms don't.

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
BSchenn-Couturier-Simmonds
Read-Laughton-Umberger
Vdv-Bellemare-White

Vdv - bellemare - white could be a VERY good 4th line next year. Just need to work that 3rd line. Either 2 new line mates for Laughton or read figures it out and a umberger buyout

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI

That's one was not on Zepp. People just can't stand to give credit to any player on the opposing team, it's always someone's fault on our team

R3M1N1SC3

Feb 19, 2012
Vinny really has no place on this team .Yes, Vinny might be better than Zac but in a 3rd/4th line role I think Zac brings more to the table with his checking/forechecking.

This is not to say that Zac belongs in the NHL because I do think he's an AHL player. He's had too many years to stop taking dumb penalties for me to believe that will ever change. Even today, he went for a high hit (and missed) on a player. If he would have landed that hit - that might have been his NHL career saying goodbye...

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I would be down for bringing Ryan white back. Another strong game from him today. He has a high hockey IQ and always seem to be in the right position almost every time. He would be a solid 4th liner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad