Post-Game Talk: #60|Capitals at FLYERS | Sun., Feb. 22, 2015|

DrHamburg

Mar 12, 2009
New York
If he got traded then I'm satisfied with whatever happens the rest of the season. Watching Grossmann on D is one of the most frustrating things for me, only behind watching Lecavalier and Berube. Swapping Grossmann for Timonen would be such an insane upgrade on puck moving that would have positive repercussions that echo throughout the entire lineup.

And yeah, I don't think MacDonalds been too good but he hasn't been horrible. The problem is that he's had a few pretty bad mistakes (like every defensemen does) and that's the first thing people remember usually.

The other problem is how much money he makes

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Honestly, this team feels different from most is the year. Feels a bit more... tightened? Albeit, lacking in scoring still. Zepp has looked good and really happy G and V got two points each.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Honestly, this team feels different from most is the year. Feels a bit more... tightened? Albeit, lacking in scoring still. Zepp has looked good and really happy G and V got two points each.

No Lecavalier :naughty:

Which reminds me, I'm liking the top 6 right now. I was against splitting them up earlier in the year but since they were struggling it was the right move. Raffl and Simmonds look good with Giroux and I think Voracek will help Couturier out once they get used to each other.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
PEB played 5:30 SH time? Very impressive, maybe he can take White as a winger and take the burden off Coots' line for defensive minutes.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
It's funny, Zepp has given up HORRIFIC goals in the last 2 games, but has come up big both times when it mattered. Like the resiliency

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Both goals against Nashville were horrible, neither goal today was.

No Lecavalier :naughty:

Which reminds me, I'm liking the top 6 right now. I was against splitting them up earlier in the year but since they were struggling it was the right move. Raffl and Simmonds look good with Giroux and I think Voracek will help Couturier out once they get used to each other.

Rinaldo playing 6 minutes is better than Vinny getting 12 or 13. I love seeing Jake getting double shifted with VdV and OEB.

The penalties on Rinaldo were a joke but he's earned his reputation.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Rinaldo playing 6 minutes is better than Vinny getting 12 or 13. I love seeing Jake getting double shifted with VdV and OEB.

The penalties on Rinaldo were a joke but he's earned his reputation.

Agree 100%.

The sad thing is I don't expect this to last, somehow someway Lecavalier will creep back into the lineup. The lineup without him is just so much better in so many ways, most importantly no lines need to be sheltered because they can all take defensive zone faceoffs and get the puck up the ice.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Agree 100%.

The sad thing is I don't expect this to last, somehow someway Lecavalier will creep back into the lineup. The lineup without him is just so much better in so many ways, most importantly no lines need to be sheltered because they can all take defensive zone faceoffs and get the puck up the ice.

At the end of the 1st I was scared Vinny would be replacing an injured Couturier for the next game. :help:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
At the end of the 1st I was scared Vinny would be replacing an injured Couturier for the next game. :help:

I had the same thought... imagine the loss of Couturier plus the addition of Lecavalier... two massive negatives that would make an already poor defensive team much worse.

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Have not seen Simmonds name mentioned once in this thread. Unreal.

Dude brings it every game. Had the turnover which led to the Ward breakaway, but he played another great game. The way he shields the puck with his body, setting up the cycle in the offensive zone , is a thing of beauty. Really think he's this teams most valuable player(yes, over Giroux and Voracek)

His steal of a contract is one of the few things Homer got right.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Have not seen Simmonds name mentioned once in this thread. Unreal.

Dude brings it every game. Had the turnover which led to the Ward breakaway, but he played another great game. The way he shields the puck with his body, setting up the cycle in the offensive zone , is a thing of beauty. Really think he's this teams most valuable player(yes, over Giroux and Voracek)

His steal of a contract is one of the few things Homer got right.

Simmonds has been playing some great hockey since the All Star Break, but before that he was invisible for a long stretch. He definitely has not been as consistent as Giroux or Voracek.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Couturier and Voracek looked to have some good chemistry in the 1st, they made some great chances through cycling the puck.

They had 2 prime scoring chances open up. One Read fired high and the other Holtby made a nice save on.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Couturier and Voracek looked to have some good chemistry in the 1st, they made some great chances through cycling the puck.

They had 2 prime scoring chances open up. One Read fired high and the other Holtby made a nice save on.

I think we need to put Schenn on that line. We can choose between 1.5 lines that can score, or 2 scoring lines and two pretty weak lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad