Post-Game Talk: #60 | Canadiens 2 at FLYERS 3 (OT) | Tue., Feb. 20, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Lindblom is not going back to the AHL, he's what Hakstol loves, tough, fights for the puck on the forecheck, goes to the net, defensively responsible, he was solid in the O-zone, a bit lost in the neutral zone where I think there's an adjustment to NHL speed, but he's "reliable."
I agree with you on this so I'm not arguing, but you were the one who kept saying he didn't look ready while many others assured he was for a while now. I know you like to trust management but this should show that they are in fact overly cautious sometimes when they don't need to be.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
IMG_0016.JPG
“Couturier can only play on the 3rd line and has no offense” ;)

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Voracek drives me absolutely crazy, if he had Couts' brain he'd be the best player in the NHL. Instead he's the most talented player on this team and the most erratic (well, maybe Manning). He was MIA for most of the game, then turns it on but blows a prime scoring chance, then at the end of the game and OT takes over. And you wonder why coaches have grey hair!

Tell me again Ghost is playing "his game", BS, he's a totally different player this year, defensively responsible, fighting for the puck in the corner, it's like 3 years of coaches pounding a message finally got through and he realized he didn't want to be OEL with 50 points and -30, he wanted to be a miniature Doughty, a guy who plays 200 feet and helps his team win at both ends of the ice.

On the other hand, what's wrong with Provorov, his turnoveritis has gotten to be a reason for concern.

Knock Hagg all you want, but he played another solid game, and he's trying to expand his game, he is a rookie, he's allowed a few mistakes.
And MacDonald may be limited, but he plays like what he is, a smart veteran who knows how to be in the right place at the right time.

Lyon is irritating, he shows NHL goalie skills, then overplays and gives up an easy goal, and almost gave up another mishandling the puck. If he was 21 you'd figure he needs experience, but he's older, a Yale graduate and should be more fundamentally sound.

Couts and Giroux are a monster pair, you can't break them up b/c they're too good together. Couts is amazing given how slow he is (not Lehtera slow but I was shocked to realize how mediocre his skating is), great positioning, great puck control and instincts, yes, pure talent is grossly overrated (see Drouin). And Giroux has benefit not just playing LW but with Couts, it allows him to be himself without having to handle big physical centers - and he just performs magic tricks.

Weal and Konecny blew some great scoring chances, at least hit the post or make the goaltender stop you, you shouldn't miss everything from 15' away.

Lindblom is not going back to the AHL, he's what Hakstol loves, tough, fights for the puck on the forecheck, goes to the net, defensively responsible, he was solid in the O-zone, a bit lost in the neutral zone where I think there's an adjustment to NHL speed, but he's "reliable."

Patrick is going to be so good next year, those good hands, instincts, and now he can skate. Still climbing the learning curve, but you can keep Nico, we have Frost, Patrick looks like Couts on steroids (19 instead of 25 but a similar package).

I agreed with a food good bit of that. But isn't Couturier on steroids himself?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Certainly a small sample and I will not deny Simmonds being THE best PP net-front in the league arguably these last 5+ seasons. But I'm excited to keep getting a longer look at NoPa there. He had the nice deflection, yes, but he screened well, moved into holes well, and generally seemed not out of place on some long possessions, though they didn't work him a ton as a behind-the-net QB. We have 2-3 weeks though to get him comfortable and experiment and see what plays out. Reps and practice there will be huge.

But it could just serve as one more checkmark in the trade Simmonds column, perhaps the biggest checkmark given almost all his value is in that PP spot. We all know Nolan was the heir apparent or should be for that spot even before Simmonds went down. Now take out some of the guesswork.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I think Lindblom is here to stay, it’s just where he fits in. 1 of Weise/Lethera are obviously the odd man, but how they construct the 2-4 lines will be interesting. I think you can make a argument for each Lindblom, Raffl, and Weal each getting 3rd duties over the other.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I agree with you on this so I'm not arguing, but you were the one who kept saying he didn't look ready while many others assured he was for a while now. I know you like to trust management but this should show that they are in fact overly cautious sometimes when they don't need to be.

He wasn't ready his first month, then Lindblom steadily improved until the last couple weeks, Appleyard points out he's had some bad luck, but I suspect he also hit the wall a bit, right now he's played a full SHL season.

Of course, getting called up tends to invigorate you.

But one reason Hextall would like to see some of his prospects play a full AHL season plus playoffs - it's not so much the physical toll but the mental one, 82 games is a long season, then the playoffs, when you're used to playing 60-70 games it's like "we're still playing?"

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Lindblom looks fantastic. Always in the right spot on D and offense. Gets turnovers. One of those players that seems to always have the puck. He is the first forward back and the first in the offensive zone. He’s going to be a great player!

Ghost is currently our best overall dman! He’s playing so well. Really stepping it up! Provy going through a bit of a rough patch and still playing well. He looked like crap last game and was +4.

Better get Mrazek in there. This game was a few inches away from being a blowout.

Did something else get posted from Jake? Or is this all from pst go around?

Isn’t there someone in Thailand on here? Captain? They showed someone steaming in Thailand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad