Post-Game Talk: #60 | Canadiens 2 at FLYERS 3 (OT) | Tue., Feb. 20, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Carter totally f***ed Columbus so more by forcing his way out & making no secret about it. But it also goes to the point from the start, why acquire the guy in the first place?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Captain Dave Poulin was that you that tweet the picture of the game from Thailand?

Absolutely not, bud - I wouldn't do that. I am curious who that Marc Holden is. I mean, I'm not, actually, most of the white people here are dirtbags, but I was surprised that another of us is here. One of my students is a Flyers fan, but she is from Jersey somewhere, and she doesn't have my classes so I almost never see her anymore.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I didn't have a chance to watch Oskar's debut, how was he?

Also looking at the boxscore I am so happy Lyon probably grew a bit of confidence!

And most importantly... imaginary Jake healthy scratching worked and was good for his development just like I said yesterday :laugh:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017

kudy, I thought he looked good for his first NHL game.

His positioning was very solid at both ends of the rink. A lot of good board work, good net front presence, a few shot attempts (one on goal) and a really nice back check in the second period when the Canadiens had a rush and he totally tied-up the trailer.

One game possession stats can be misleading, but his were really good. He led the Flyers in CF% (74.21) and CF% Rel (20.33). We had 4 even strength high danger chances when he was on the ice and only 2 against.

His TOI was a pleasant surprise at 15:11, with 1:25 on the PP.

He wasn't the fastest guy on the ice, but his skating looked solid with good transitions and edge work.

A promising start to what will, hopefully, be a long career in the orange and black.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I have a bit of trivia that maybe @MiamiScreamingEagles
or @Appleyard might know the answer to. Has there ever been a team that had a 10 game losing streak and a 10 game winning streak in the same season?
Without looking it up, I am fairly certain that there hasn't been, only because the Flyers were the first team to win 10 in a row and miss the playoffs last year, and no team has lost 10 in a row and made the playoffs.

To have done both would mean the statement above is false.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Also looking at the boxscore I am so happy Lyon probably grew a bit of confidence!

At the end of the day he did enough to get them the win even it wasn’t in the most prettiest of fashions. The second goal he gave up just wasn’t a good one. He took himself right out of the play for really no good reason leaving an open net for the Habs player.

Ultimately it is what it is though. He would have been the fourth goalie (now fifth with the Mrazek trade) on the depth chart if everybody was healthy. So take what you can get at this point. Mrazek should take the net away from him going forward here.

Reactions: BernieParent

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland

And most importantly... imaginary Jake healthy scratching worked and was good for his development just like I said yesterday :laugh:
Lindblom looked good. It was obvious after 2 shifts that he belongs in the NHL. Not flashy but really good in corners and in front of the net. RESPONSIBLE defensively. Hopefully Hak falls in love with him. All in all really good debut for him.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
kudy, I thought he looked good for his first NHL game.

His positioning was very solid at both ends of the rink. A lot of good board work, good net front presence, a few shot attempts (one on goal) and a really nice back check in the second period when the Canadiens had a rush and he totally tied-up the trailer.

One game possession stats can be misleading, but his were really good. He led the Flyers in CF% (74.21) and CF% Rel (20.33). We had 4 even strength high danger chances when he was on the ice and only 2 against.

His TOI was a pleasant surprise at 15:11, with 1:25 on the PP.

He wasn't the fastest guy on the ice, but his skating looked solid with good transitions and edge work.

A promising start to what will, hopefully, be a long career in the orange and black.

At the end of the day he did enough to get them the win even it wasn’t in the most prettiest of fashions. The second goal he gave up just wasn’t a good one. He took himself right out of the play for really no good reason leaving an open net for the Habs player.

Ultimately it is what it is though. He would have been the fourth goalie (now fifth with the Mrazek trade) on the depth chart if everybody was healthy. So take what you can get at this point. Mrazek should take the net away from him going forward here.

Lindblom looked good. It was obvious after 2 shifts that he belongs in the NHL. Not flashy but really good in corners and in front of the net. RESPONSIBLE defensively. Hopefully Hak falls in love with him. All in all really good debut for him.

Thanks guys, need to catch at least a condensed game later today.

And thanks foggy for a detailed summary there!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

True enough. I don't see a long NHL career for Simba given his play. However, SSS, learning curve, etc.

He has a good alert trapper but is a battler in the pejorative sense. That save in the 3rd off the one-time slapshot from (I believe) Pacioretty looked like it hit his pad as he was doing a shuffle off to Buffalo across the crease. There was also the lazy leg save that tossed a long rebound to Plekanec; nice blockbby Filppula on that one. And Mama could hide a truckload of cookies over his shoulder when he is covering the post.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
The Flyers traded Carter to Columbus, not LA.

We have Couturier and Voracek to show for it.

Columbus has Jack Johnson.

We also have a 2018 5th & some guy named Brendan Warren.

Richards trade ain't so bad either. Simmer, Frost, the 2018 12th overall, and...wait for it...Jori Lehtera.

Reactions: Rebels57

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Did something else get posted from Jake? Or is this all from pst go around?
Benny and most others on here were trashing Jake most of the game because he truly didn't look so great, so when he scored the late tying goal and the OT winner, you just knew Benny was going to (and had to) get it from the rest of us. :laugh: No new social media activity from Jake, unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad