Post-Game Talk: #60 | Canadiens 2 at FLYERS 3 (OT) | Tue., Feb. 20, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Benny and most others on here were trashing Jake most of the game because he truly didn't look so great, so when he scored the late tying goal and the OT winner, you just knew Benny was going to (and had to) get it from the rest of us. :laugh: No new social media activity from Jake, unfortunately.
I figured as much. He basically was garbage until he started to shoot.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It will never cease to slightly annoy me -- within humorous reason -- how under-appreciated a star player Jake can be in his own town. Guy is pacing for 93 points (noice) despite being separated from G and Coots and playing with Flip and a 19 year old rookie. Guy is tied for 2nd in PP points in the league (and is top 10 this decade) but people want him off the unit like he's a hang-on. Yes, he makes some silly plays but it's because he is trying to make plays, and we always like that when it's a massive net positive. He ****s up because he is using his skill to get **** done. And no, you don't do this by being dumb. You don't do it by being anything but a pretty smart hockey player.

What I'm trying to say is.......Jake declare your appreciation of me on the Twitters.

Not really sure why there’s still people dying on a hill for this argument.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
You're weird man.
I don't think we have either the depth nor the coaching to actually win. Common, hagg and amac against top lines, torgo and plugs to defend the lead? I would rather see hakstok completely outclassed at every turn by someone like Sullivan or Cooper than slowly slug it out against the easy pickings like senators did last year. If we are winning we simply have to go through those teams and if we are not, I want to be entertained!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't think we have either the depth nor the coaching to actually win. Common, hagg and amac against top lines, torgo and plugs to defend the lead? I would rather see hakstok completely outclassed at every turn by someone like Sullivan or Cooper than slowly slug it out against the easy pickings like senators did last year. If we are winning we simply have to go through those teams and if we are not, I want to be entertained!

I like Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Konecny, Simmonds, Patrick, Provorov, and Ghost too much to want to see them embarassed just to make Hakstol look bad.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Carter totally ****ed Columbus so more by forcing his way out & making no secret about it. But it also goes to the point from the start, why acquire the guy in the first place?
This would be a question I'd interested to learn more about. Carter's tenure in CBJ.
Of course I doubt in their wildest dreams they thought he would force his way out of there.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Was watching this game and saw both Habs goals but missed every Flyers goal

1) Ran downstairs to get something out of the freezer to go with dinner for Patrick's PP beauty.
2) My beautiful wife, who had back surgery a few days ago and is in pain and hopped up on pain killers and steroids (a 5'-3" blonde of Irish descent in pain and full of 'roid rage is NOT a good thing I can assure you) needed assistance with something when Jake scored.
3) My 12 year old daughter who just HAD to be in the living room RIGHT NOW apparently ran down the hall, tripped and turned her ankle, so I was getting ice on her ankle when Jake scored again in OT.

All I wanted to do yesterday was come home have a shot (or 3) and a beer (or 3) and watch the Flyers....it was not a good evening in the WestrnPhlyr household.

But hey...they WON!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

But they keep winning!

Of course, Foles had no chance of beating Brady in a shootout, but give the Eagles kudos for effort.

Reactions: MacDonald4MVP

FrustratedFlyer

Feb 4, 2018
Playoff D and much harder transition play does not a Lord Stanley Philadelphia winner make (with the TOI and mistakes that certain players on our current roster are allowed on an almost continual basis)

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I didn't have a chance to watch Oskar's debut, how was he?

Also looking at the boxscore I am so happy Lyon probably grew a bit of confidence!

And most importantly... imaginary Jake healthy scratching worked and was good for his development just like I said yesterday :laugh:
looked good. A poor man’s Raffl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad