GDT: #60 – Blackhawks at Sabres – Sun Feb 19, 6:00PM ET – NBCSN

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Think of how much different our bottom 6 looks if just 2 of Sam, Girgs and Larsson are playing let alone all of them. We have things to address but I wouldn't get too down on the team after tonight.

I forgot Carrier as well.

That fast, big, skilled and nasty team is almost here.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
What does this have to do with wanting to trade kane for futures?

Wrong thread but I can see the attraction in restocking the pantry. Trouble is I think Kane needs to be part of what I think is the 1st open window we have the next 2 seasons to make a splash in the playoffs. Eichel, Reihnart, Girgs, Larsson, Risto, McCabe the kids (eRod, Baptist, Grant, Falk, etc.) will be in the early primes of their careers. RoR and Kane represent the vet presence . Got to fix the problems with our D and futures usually don't do that. I don;t think Kane is attractive to that many buyers with his salary hit.

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
I would trade Kane but only because he will want more than we could afford when his contract is up. BUT it would not be for pieces--he could help us a lot next year if he is not dealt.

If they decide to move him, which I think is nuts, it's got to be in the summer for a real hockey trade.

We will get taken if it's done b4 the deadline.

Especially knowing Murray's "the grass is always greener" approach..

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Wrong thread but I can see the attraction in restocking the pantry. Trouble is I think Kane needs to be part of what I think is the 1st open window we have the next 2 seasons to make a splash in the playoffs. Eichel, Reihnart, Girgs, Larsson, Risto, McCabe the kids (eRod, Baptist, Grant, Falk, etc.) will be in the early primes of their careers. RoR and Kane represent the vet presence . Got to fix the problems with our D and futures usually don't do that. I don;t think Kane is attractive to that many buyers with his salary hit.

I disagree but fair enough :nod:

(I think kane is young enough where he can be resigned and be part of the core)

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
ERod with 19 minutes of ice time - making a good case for himself as a 3rd or 4th liner next season.

We're gonna have ERod, Baptiste, Bailey, Carrier, Fasching and Nylander all pushing for a spot next year...that going to be huge for our bottom 6 and depth scoring.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
We're gonna have ERod, Baptiste, Bailey, Carrier, Fasching and Nylander all pushing for a spot next year...that going to be huge for our bottom 6 and depth scoring.

I think Carrier is further along with Fasching.. I can't see him applying enough pressure to make the decision hard. Hope I'm wrong. Nylander I see making a case, but not a impossibly hard one. He'll go back for more marinating.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Erod is looking like he's going to be Gionta's replacement. cheaper, faster, just needs to grow.

... a few more inches. I like what ERod brings, tenacity, energy and a bit of offensive instincts but I refuse to pencil him in as a long term answer as a 3/4 Center or wing.

I think Carrier is further along with Fasching.. I can't see him applying enough pressure to make the decision hard. Hope I'm wrong. Nylander I see making a case, but not a impossibly hard one. He'll go back for more marinating.

Unless Nylander has a moment of realization he is not making this team next year. He's not even out performing inferior talent at this point. That's not a knock on him as he is playing in a league above where normal picks are in their draft +1 season.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY

It's a shame we can't get rid of the chaff in the bottom 6 to make room. Ennis and Moulson just aren't 4th line guys.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
This was disappointing to watch. It would have been fantastic to walk in the bye week taking all 4 points against tough opponents.

Every team loses games, the key is how you respond. If the Sabres have turned a corner they will respond by staring a new points streak.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I caught a great couple minutes on SportsCenter last night with Barry Melrose talking about the bye week curse. His thoughts were basically "...it makes you soft. You forget how to work. That's why all these teams have been losing. You come back healthy and well rested and playing brutal hockey because you forget some of what it takes to win in this league night in and night out." Hope someone on the roster forwarded that out to the whole team.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
I caught a great couple minutes on SportsCenter last night with Barry Melrose talking about the bye week curse. His thoughts were basically "...it makes you soft. You forget how to work. That's why all these teams have been losing. You come back healthy and well rested and playing brutal hockey because you forget some of what it takes to win in this league night in and night out." Hope someone on the roster forwarded that out to the whole team.
Such messages of tough guy blather is effective for about 16 games.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Or players simply need a game or two to get back up to speed after a break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad