GDT: #60 – Blackhawks at Sabres – Sun Feb 19, 6:00PM ET – NBCSN

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Well tonight's game has resolved something for me. The playoff dream I had is gone. Too many teams to climb over and little likelihood of so doing. So--if there are deals to be made that will help the team at the expense of this year-go for it.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I thought he had a tough night to be sure. But he played his off hand with Gorges. Not a recipe for success for most dmen. :laugh:

I was telling my brother in S. Buffalo just last week that I though Kulikov has some upside. He disagrees and now, I just want to say good bye to Gorges, Franson and Kulikov.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
We have a long way to go to be in championship consideration....

Think of how much different our bottom 6 looks if just 2 of Sam, Girgs and Larsson are playing let alone all of them. We have things to address but I wouldn't get too down on the team after tonight.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
That sucked to watch, but I'm not putting too much into it as being demonstrative of the bigger picture. Team was just straight up ******* gassed. Time to get some rest and gear up for the stretch.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I was telling my brother in S. Buffalo just last week that I though Kulikov has some upside. He disagrees and now, I just want to say good bye to Gorges, Franson and Kulikov.

Its worth remembering that due to his injury he has to go through iirc 45-60min stretching and exercise routine every game day to loosen up his back to play that night. He also rarely practices because of it as well.

We were royally ****ed by that freak injury

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I hope this brings everyone to their senses and Kulikov and Kane are traded for futures/ hockey trade. We're missing a good chunk of our forwards right now and Gorges is like playing down, considering both Falk and Fedun have shown they're better in every way.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I hope this brings everyone to their senses and Kulikov and Kane are traded for futures/ hockey trade. We're missing a good chunk of our forwards right now and Gorges is like playing down, considering both Falk and Fedun have shown they're better in every way.

Kulikov is a pending UFA. So he should probably get moved. But Kane has another year and as such wouldn't be a rental. He also has a cap hit almost no playoff team could fit without sending salary our way. Basically we aren't going to get best value trading him now. Nor is there a need to move him either.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

What does this have to do with wanting to trade kane for futures?

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I think Murray has to be a cold hearted sob next year and players like Moulson and Gorges, maybe Ennis too, get sent to Rochester.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I would trade Kane but only because he will want more than we could afford when his contract is up. BUT it would not be for pieces--he could help us a lot next year if he is not dealt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad