Post-Game Talk: #6| Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | June 23RD | 8:00 PM | F/OTW 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
They have faced so-called weaker competition, but they also have faced 3 high octane offenses and shut each of them down. That's a team commitment, but it's also that annual playoff 'X' factor of the goalie. STL does not win w/o Binnington going on that run - he's returned to mediocre. They had several chances with Allen and he routinely failed them.
Jake Allen in the regular season > Jake Allen in the playoffs.

Don't get fooled by goalies who get hot in the playoffs. Ride them for the moment but don't make them a foundation piece.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
Puck possession, puck possesion, puck possession! If the Bolts don't have the puck, they can't score. LGI !!!

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
It’s be nice to see a hard push to start the game and come away with a couple goals within the first 10 mins

Yes, being that annoying analytical person on this board to a fault (depressingly so); that would be the omen I would look for in this miracle of miracles comeback.

First team who scores having won each game aside, it would be absolutely exhilarating to come out with first period leads these next two games- completely reversing course on what we haven't seemed to be able to do in any of the 17 playoff games so far....

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Gotta get this in regulation. I don't know if the fanbase can handle this one going to OT.

Mostly everything that can be said has already been repeated a million different ways.

All I have left is LETS GO ISLANDERS!

Reactions: PhysicalGraffiti

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
I fully expect our guys to come out with their asses on fire tonight and IF you are attending the game I expect to hear you loud and clear thru my speakers in my house,,,,,make it happen guys , one shift and one game at a time starting tonight!!!!

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I fully expect our guys to come out with their asses on fire tonight and IF you are attending the game I expect to hear you loud and clear thru my speakers in my house,,,,,make it happen guys , one shift and one game at a time starting tonight!!!!

I would hope this applies to @PWJunior tonight as well.

I hope you had Chipotle for lunch. For the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad