GDT: #6: Stars at FLYERS, Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Any chance Morin gets into the next game? I’m holding hope Hogg get’s the yank but the odds are higher I’ll spontaneously grow a 2nd dick.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Any chance Morin gets into the next game? I’m holding hope Hogg get’s the yank but the odds are higher I’ll spontaneously grow a 2nd dick.

I’m in the state of mind that it’s going to take an injury.

I really wouldn’t blame Morin for trying to request a trade. He seems to be healthy for the first time in a long time, and this is essentially his career. He needs to play somewhere.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I’m in the state of mind that it’s going to take an injury.

I really wouldn’t blame Morin for trying to request a trade. He seems to be healthy for the first time in a long time, and this is essentially his career. He needs to play somewhere.
Me either. He’s been beyond patient.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wow, this guy..We’ll never be rid of him.

Even if he hasn’t been completely detrimental, him being cemented in the line up keeps Morin/Myers from getting time.

So frustrating.

What keeps Morin and Myers from getting time is their own screw ups.
Myers was handed the job before camp and blew it.
Morin reportedly looked shaky in practice puck handling and didn't exactly inspire confidence. They've been working on that for 3--4 years, maybe he's just lacks eye to hand coordination?

"The grass is always greener."

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Ghosts biggest problem imo is he totally stopped stepping up/intercepting passes in the neutral zone.

He used to do it all the time but now he allows players to gain the zone
Yea I'm gonna stick with that whole power play thing.

Maybe that's not "evaluative" enough for some of the hockey supra-geniuses that seem to have popped up around here in the last year or two. Of course they'll likely point to Giroux's position, but regardless of who was where, Ghost used to do more than stand in place and shoot it.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT

I think there is a bigger chance he is put on Waivers within the next couple of weeks than him actually playing games in the NHL.
As long as they are not even rotating him into one of the regular pairings during practice, as long as everyone else stays healthy, I just don't see it.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Bad doesn't cover it. His problem is that when he's bad he's basically fluorescent out there. He plays such a game where his mistakes aren't hidden.
Exaggeration, but alrighty then. It didn’t even cause a goal against either.

And you could say that about any player. Provorov has been spectacularly awful just as often, if not more often. It happens, but so long as the players are still a net positive, it doesn’t matter. They both are.

Meanwhile a guy like Hagg is even more fluorecently awful, far more often, and he never makes up for it. Thats the kind of player worth complaining about. Not your star defensemen who’s being sabotaged and had a single bad period.

Reactions: BiggE

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
People are upset Hagg hasn’t been on the ice for a goal against.

Reactions: 1865

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
It's not so much his speed but his edgework which has fallen off a cliff. He doesn't have the same mobility since that hip injury. Unfortunately, I genuinely think we have seen the best of him which is an absolute travesty considering how dynamic he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad