GDT: #6: Stars at FLYERS, Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Dallas has a few studs, but not great forward depth & some of their top players are getting old.

Montgomery is a very good coach, though, & Bishop is always capable of stoning you.

Game could go either way. It’ll probably come down to goaltending.
There is no easy games anymore if you don't put it in and have your top players put up some goals.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I think Patrick returning would help a lot. And I’d move Lindblom up top.

Giroux—Couturier—Lindblom
JVR—Hayes—Voracek
Farabee—Patrick—Konecny
Raffl—Laughton—Twarynski/Pitlick

Our best player TK to the 3rd line
Our 2nd best player Lindblom on his opposite side

Ya...no

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
This'll be a W, Hart back with a vengeance, team hungry after getting frustrated on back to back nights in Canada

Throughout the season as a whole, the Flyers have roasted their opponents in what? All of 4 periods of hockey? A couple bounces and a few less posts the last 2 games and suddenly this team is a top team record wise in the league and everyone is singing a different tune.

I've seen enough to be optimistic, officially. Let's see how they do in the next few weeks.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
This'll be a W, Hart back with a vengeance, team hungry after getting frustrated on back to back nights in Canada

Throughout the season as a whole, the Flyers have roasted their opponents in what? All of 4 periods of hockey? A couple bounces and a few less posts the last 2 games and suddenly this team is a top team record wise in the league and everyone is singing a different tune.

I've seen enough to be optimistic, officially. Let's see how they do in the next few weeks.

same i like what I have seen in the losses. Just need to keep at it and the puck will go in the net. We are dominating the possession game and that should translate soon with the top guys scoring. Need more from our defense as well. Our strength should be our defensive scoring so hopefully we can see a lineup that allows that:

g-couts-tk
lindblom-hayes-voracek
jvr-laughton-raffl

provorov-ghost
sanheim-niskanen
hagg-braun

3rd pair sucks so just play them against 4th lines and on the pk

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Jep. Sounds like the typical leave defense at home, play stupid, high scoring ****fest game.
We know AV wants more focus on D and Montgomery is a grind out the 2-1 win kinda guy... Here comes the 7-6 shootout barn burner! Can't have enough loser points in the NHL.

Reactions: MacDonald4MVP

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
regarding patrick/myers./farabee..bunnamon would be sent down to make room for patrick, maybe twarynski for farabee if it ever happend. What about myers? We would have to wait until someone is injured or we would have to trade hagg or morin to have myers up right?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
regarding patrick/myers./farabee..bunnamon would be sent down to make room for patrick, maybe twarynski for farabee if it ever happend. What about myers? We would have to wait until someone is injured or we would have to trade hagg or morin to have myers up right?

To add Patrick, Myers and Farabee, they need to send down 3 players.

Bunnaman and Twarynski are waiver exempt and one one would claim Stewart, so those are the 3 obvious choices..but then they are only carrying 12 forwards.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Farabee-Giroux-Voracek
Lindblom-Coots-TK
JVR-Hayes-Twar
Raffl-Laughton-Pitlick

Id love to see those lines next game. I know G at center is a four letter word around here...but I think it is our best option until Patrick is back.

Im not even going to wish for any specific D pairs bc it is clear Hagg isnt going anywhere.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Alain Vigneault hates offensive defensemen as much as any coach if not more. Myers is gonna have even tougher time breaking out than Sanheim for A being less talented B our defense being much deeper and C team having better record and less desperation for roster turnover. Injuries always happen and that's his best bet to get into lineup. Even then no special teams and probably even less 5on5 ice time than ghost gets. All the while they are gonna shelter (saddle) him with bottom6 scrubs against other checking lines? Than you have to take into account that mike yeo is coaching our defense and reflect on his usage of dumba while he was force feeding brodin 25 minutes a night, playing him even ahead of Spurgeon? Yep, doesn't look too good for Myers tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
AV will make the wrong changes as you know. Dinosaur gonna dinosaur. Welcome back to the lineup Stewie! Hagg meet your new partner Ivan. Ghost you get Braun and 10 minutes ice time at ES.

Sadly, yes. I’m a big optimist, but it’s beyond hard at this point. I am still hopeful. This is AVs first real shot at getting other guys in. Something that Fletch said would happen frequently. I also get the impression that Stewart and Hagg as well as Farabee and Frost were all Fletchers final say.

Yup, he is the biggest issue right now with the lineup.

Oskar Nolan Farabee/Anyone could be a massive difference

They would have free reign. Even in the playoffs they would crush it, let alone reg season games.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
To add Patrick, Myers and Farabee, they need to send down 3 players.

Bunnaman and Twarynski are waiver exempt and one one would claim Stewart, so those are the 3 obvious choices..but then they are only carrying 12 forwards.
not totally true.

Patrick is already counting against the cap, so him playing gives us 14 forwards. So drop Bunny and Twar and add Myers and Farabee.

I wonder if they try and send Morin on a "conditioning stint" at some point when we are at home and also the Phantoms have games.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
not totally true.

Patrick is already counting against the cap, so him playing gives us 13 forwards. So drop Bunny and Twar and add Myers and Farabee.

But yes, the issue becomes 12 F, 8 D.

I wonder if they try and send Morin on a "conditioning stint" at some point when we are at home and also the Phantoms have games.

Oh snap I forgot they didn't LTIR Patrick.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Alain Vigneault hates offensive defensemen as much as any coach if not more. Myers is gonna have even tougher time breaking out than Sanheim for A being less talented B our defense being much deeper and C team having better record and less desperation for roster turnover. Injuries always happen and that's his best bet to get into lineup. Even then no special teams and probably even less 5on5 ice time than ghost gets. All the while they are gonna shelter (saddle) him with bottom6 scrubs against other checking lines? Than you have to take into account that mike yeo is coaching our defense and reflect on his usage of dumba while he was force feeding brodin 25 minutes a night, playing him even ahead of Spurgeon? Yep, doesn't look too good for Myers tbh.

It doesn't look too good for anybody :laugh: You have to laugh, really.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
The overall vision of building a Stanley cup contender, as opposed to a team that simply makes the playoffs needs to be more of a focus for Chuck and his coaches.

This is not a team of superstars and requires as much talent infusion as possible going forward, with a declining Giroux/Voracek.

At times it seems the focus is too much on winning a single game or two, as opposed to inserting the kids who will actually help push this club to truly contend.

Last edited:

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
The move by Dave Scott to forcefully accelerate an organic process isn’t one that is evil. It’s been long enough.

There needs to be a realization however that the development of a youngster outweighs the potential learning mistakes and (gasp) potential loss of a couple extra games.

There is no sane plan that involves playing extremely low ceiling or expired players over true talent.

Reactions: Striiker

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

This is not even remotely true at all.

Where the hell are you getting this? Defensemen actively pinching is major component of his offensive zone system.

He just wants his offensive defensemen to play well in their own zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad