GDT: #6: Stars at FLYERS, Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Which Ghost has, and yet remains on the bottom pair with least 5v5 icetime.

I’ll be the first to admit I’ve soured a bit on him over the last year or so but am still a big fan.

He does seem to have lost a step though which is unfortunate.

Even all of that in mind, it’s frustrating and difficult to evaluate a player, or let him find his game as a forced Siamese with Hagg. Sigh.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’ll be the first to admit I’ve soured a bit on him over the last year or so but am still a big fan.

He does seem to have lost a step though which is unfortunate.

Even all of that in mind, it’s frustrating and difficult to evaluate a player, or let him find his game as a forced Siamese with Hagg. Sigh.

He hasn’t lost a step since 2017-2018 when he was one of the best defensemen in the entire league.

The only thing that’s changed is usage.

What they've done to him is the equivalent of putting Couturier on the 4th line and then blaming him for not producing by reducing his icetime. They're too stupid to realize that they're the ones that are killing his impact.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Ghosts biggest problem imo is he totally stopped stepping up/intercepting passes in the neutral zone.

He used to do it all the time but now he allows players to gain the zone

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
He hasn’t lost a step since 2017-2018 when he was one of the best defensemen in the entire league.

Fair enough. I sometimes don’t see the same acceleration but it’s not huge. His shots also aren’t getting through as much imo as that big slapper has been noted by the league.

(Wonder if there are stats on that)

I do still want him playing top pair with Prov.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Fair enough. I sometimes don’t see the same acceleration but it’s not huge. His shots also aren’t getting through as much imo as that big slapper has been noted by the league.

(Wonder if there are stats on that)

I do still want him playing top pair with Prov.
You're saying he's gotten slower since 2017-2018? I definitely don't see that at all...

But yeah, a top 4 of Provorov-Ghost Sanheim-Niskanen would be disgusting.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
You're saying he's gotten slower since 2017-2018? I definitely don't see that at all...

But yeah, a top 4 of Provorov-Ghost Sanheim-Niskanen would be disgusting.

I don’t see the same moves that he pulled off before as consistently. Maybe that’s what I’m thinking of.

I really like Ghost, but I think his confidence has been destroyed by the prior coaching regime. Would be nice for these guys to realize what they have in him.

Fly or Die... WITH YOUR TALENT. Not the scrubs.

Reactions: Striiker

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

What they've done to him is the equivalent of putting Couturier on the 4th line and then blaming him for not producing by reducing his icetime. They're too stupid to realize that they're the ones that are killing his impact.

FWIW, he does look "slower" since the regular season started. He had a lot more jump in preseason. Of course we all know the reason for that...Hagg is a Deatheater and sucks the lifeforce out of every single f***ing partner he's ever had.

Reactions: Amorgus and BiggE

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
It sucks that we still suck because we've sucked for far too long and it has sucked the hockey passion out of me....just sucks.

Early...but it is becoming a far too common trope....

Reactions: FlyerNutter

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ghost on the bottom pair has nothing to do with AV not liking offensive defensemen.
I was responding to "He just wants his offensive defensemen to play well in their own zone."

Ghost is doing everything asked of him and yet still gets shafted.

FWIW, he does look "slower" since the regular season started. He had a lot more jump in preseason. Of course we all know the reason for that...Hagg is a Deatheater and sucks the lifeforce out of every single ****ing partner he's ever had.

I don't agree that he's moving slower, I think he's being forced to play slower because he's playing with utter trash.

Reactions: BiggE

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
I was responding to "He just wants his offensive defensemen to play well in their own zone."

I don't agree that he's moving slower, I think he's being forced to play slower because he's playing with utter trash.
...seems like he’s skating differently!
Doesn’t look comfortable and not as flexible for some reason!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Ghost looks faster in the preseason because the pace of play is slower than in the regular season.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
does this place have dark mode yet or nah

tenor.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I wasnt suggesting Ghost isnt playing well in dzone.

And yeah I suppose hes playing slower not simply skating slower.

Breaking up Ghost and Braun after their preseason was really dumb.

All of the last second changes they made the day before Prague have proven to be bad decisions...just like many of us thought.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I wasnt suggesting Ghost isnt playing well in dzone.

And yeah I suppose hes playing slower not simply skating slower.

Breaking up Ghost and Braun after their preseason was really dumb.

All of the last second changes they made the day before Prague have prove to be bad decisions...just like many of us thought.

Yeah, I know you weren't. I wasn't arguing with you, just pointing out something dumb/hypocritical that's happening.

And yeah, so many bad decisions have been made, especially the panic decisions after than stupid meaningless preseason game.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, I know you weren't. I wasn't arguing with you, just pointing out something dumb/hypocritical that's happening.

And yeah, so many bad decisions have been made, especially the panic decisions after than stupid meaningless preseason game.

Provorov - Niskanen
Ghost/Sanheim - Braun
Sanheim/Ghost- Myers

Would give us best chance to win on a nightly basis.

2nd and 3rd pair getting roughly same usage.

This. Is. Not. Hard.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Provorov - Niskanen
Ghost/Sanheim - Braun
Sanheim/Ghost- Myers

Would give us best chance to win on a nightly basis.

2nd and 3rd pair getting roughly same usage.

This. Is. Not. Hard.
Yep and they even had it that way in preseason. So it’s not as if they didn’t think of it... they just said “nah” and think this is better...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yep and they even had it that way in preseason. So it’s not as if they didn’t think of it... they just said “nah” and think this is better...

Once again..its the insistence on using Robert Hitman Hagg into the lineup. He throws off entire D core. Hes honestly the worst thing to happen to the organization since Hak was hired.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don’t see the same moves that he pulled off before as consistently. Maybe that’s what I’m thinking of.

I really like Ghost, but I think his confidence has been destroyed by the prior coaching regime. Would be nice for these guys to realize what they have in him.

Fly or Die... WITH YOUR TALENT. Not the scrubs.

Isn't that the regime under which he has his one top season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad