Post-Game Talk: #6| St. Louis Blues @ New York Islanders | October 14th | 1:00 PM | 3-2 OTW

road islander

Sep 16, 2019
West Warwick, RI
What do you want to hear?
As I say, I love BT and wouldn't any other coach for this team , but what I want to hear is that both outcomes are "Islander hockey", because that is the truth of the matter as this team is currently constructed and it has nothing to do with a process. It has to do with our roster. That's not his fault, and I'm not even blaming Lou at this point, but that is our reality.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
As I say, I love BT and wouldn't any other coach for this team , but what I want to hear is that both outcomes are "Islander hockey", because that is the truth of the matter as this team is currently constructed and it has nothing to do with a process. It has to do with our roster. That's not his fault, and I'm not even blaming Lou at this point, but that is our reality.

You're lost bud.

Reactions: Costigan77

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
What channel is the game on? You think I can catch a piece of it at my hotel room or is it on a free channel?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What channel is the game on? You think I can catch a piece of it at my hotel room or is it on a free channel?
The game is on MSG+ today. I don't know the channel number and that would depend upon the service provider.

road islander

Sep 16, 2019
West Warwick, RI
As I just said to Doshell, because it isn't true. Most of the time we are playing exactly the same game in a 2-1 W or a 2-1 L but our margin for error is so thin the outcomes of our games have little do with our process, which again, doesn't change because it can't right now, therefore it has more to do with a break here or there. Does that mean we don't have good games and bad games, of course not, but the fundamental process, aka, style of play, is unaltered.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
IIRC we beat the blues twice last year but both games we were outplayed?

anyway, let’s hope the boys get up for this one.Going against the champs is a good measuring stick.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
As I just said to Doshell, because it isn't true. Most of the time we are playing exactly the same game in a 2-1 W or a 2-1 L but our margin for error is so thin the outcomes of our games have little do with our process, which again, doesn't change because it can't right now, therefore it has more to do with a break here or there. Does that mean we don't have good games and bad games, of course not, but the fundamental process, aka, style of play, is unaltered.

If they aren't playing the system the way it should be it is altered. The process is getting them to play that same way all the time. Trotz has said plenty of times in games that were losses last season that he liked the way the team played. Then there are times where they deviate and don't do what they're supposed to and get crushed, which is when he's annoyed. They aren't playing the same way all the time, especially in the early going.

Reactions: Costigan77 and MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
A 2-1 loss is a "process", a 2-1 win is "Islander hockey". Don't want to hear that crap from BT.
I'm sure Trotz isn't going soft and giving his team an out. He said before the Carolina game that had the team not had a league mandated day off from practice last week he would have bag skated them last Wednesday.

Today is Game 6 of 82. unfortunately there still needs to be fine tuning and tinkering to get them going. Let's be patient. I see a whole bunch of teams in our conference with 4 points. We're one of them.

road islander

Sep 16, 2019
West Warwick, RI
If they aren't playing the system the way it should be it is altered. The process is getting them to play that same way all the time. Trotz has said plenty of times in games that were losses last season that he liked the way the team played. Then there are times where they deviate and don't do what they're supposed to and get crushed, which is when he's annoyed. They aren't playing the same way all the time, especially in the early going.
You know that is not what I was saying. I expect that kind of retort from others here, but not you. The Trotz system is the Trotz system, and it's fundamentals do not change.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Of course you do. Oh wait, you'll probably delete this or ding me because I used the word "you", apparently a right you reserve only for yourself. I'm out as well.

giphy.gif

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Ho-Sang is the real savage for taking that Lemieux guys number. But seriously, if this is not a message, I don't know what is.
Wait a minute. Ho-Sang sent a message loud and clear. He asked for a trade. What more needs to be said about thing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad