GDT: #6: Pittsburgh Penguins@Detroit Red Wings |7:30 PM ET | SN360, , ROOT, FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Looks like the same team regardless of coach right now. I wonder how much it is our players. We're like the San Jose Sharks.

Looks like a complete turnover of coaching and GM and a bunch of new players hasn't done it.

Cole's right - we need a big shakeup. Trade someone from the core.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Looks like the same team regardless of coach right now. I wonder how much it is our players. We're like the San Jose Sharks.

Starts with the two stars, a lot of coasting on the backcheck the past 2 games, Sid especially tonight, a lot of looping instead of stop/starting. This isn't even the playoffs and they're this mentally shaken already. It's not just the lack of production, it's visibly "Dey Don Care" at times, which obviously isn't fixed by a new coach it seems.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Love how the Fleury admirers retort is "Ha ha, the backup goalie is no better!"

See, that's the standard they've set.

Xavier Laflamme*

Shoot the ****ing puck you ****ing remedial butt ****ing Pejorative Slur!

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Can't really say **** about Greiss. He played a solid game tonight IMO. Made some huge saves.

He did. Unfortunately he Fleury'd it in the last minutes. Would have been a nice first game for him.
On the positive side, the members of the Flower fan club at least had a reason to cheer late.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
MMM love me some Fleury apologists.

Nope. I love the guy as a person but think it's best for both him and team to move on - unless he shows a miraculous turnaround this year, I won't be comfortable extending him unless it's 2-3 years and same money or less (somewhere between unlikely and impossible).

It's just the completely asinine double standard - if Fleury is in net for those last 2, the US economy recovers on the back of all time high pitchfork sales, but multiple people here are giving Greiss a pass. It's ****ing stupid.

Frank Gallagher

Guess who's back.
Apr 14, 2009
Pennsylvania
You have to have a defense before it can be broken. May as well play 5 forwards for how good they are in the defensive zone.

Amen to that. Outside of Maatta, our defense has looked like dirt this season. Nobody is extremely consistent. I was hoping for better than this. I'm still willing to chalk it up to it being early under a new coach and system. We all knew there would be games like these.

I'll panic at 30-40 games in when we're doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad