Post-Game Talk: 6 Bells and a loss in St-Louis for the Habs

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
What did tkachuk do?

Was animated in post game interview... Complaining about the fans & their booing.

Not a big deal but the kind of reaction that highlights his volatility.

Also had an animated exchange with Chychrun on the bench during the game.

I don't begrudge player's losing their cool occasionally, but in his case it seems like a regular occurrence... For a guy wearing a C who has yet to play a playoff game, perhaps his focus needs to be more internal and less reactive/external

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
‘’he has to understand if he plays with those guys, he’s not the guy with the abilities’’

Basically said he needs to be a grinder and not make plays?

Like what lol didn’t they see how he can give the puck to CC or Suzuki in areas they never received it playing with guys like RHP or Anderson.
I haven't even watched the game tonight but I have seen enough of Slafkovsky to know that he is a damn good passer. It's like they just can't get over the fact that you won't get a Connor every year and take their anger / stupidity out on Slafkovsky.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I haven't even watched the game tonight but I have seen enough of Slafkovsky to know that he is a damn good passer. It's like they just can't get over the fact that you won't get a Connor every year and take their anger / stupidity out on Slafkovsky.
It’s also that they expect a grinder type and think his utility should just to get pucks and be physical because he’s big, which is stupid. The most important to play with CC and Suzuki is a guy able to help transition the puck and be creative with them or get them pucks in high danger areas.

So Caufield hasn't score in 4 straight games... Where's the lynch mob?
He’s getting very, very good chances and had 7 shots on goal tonight lol he’s fine.

Reactions: Shred

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
No. Have to lose and draft high end offensive talent. Or goalie.
The circle jerk continues!
"Must suck to get high draft picks!!"
"Habs brass can't draft for shit!! Fire everyone!"

weird-rachel.gif

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
We lost, oh well, on to the next one. In other news, the Leafs lost their 4th in a row and Edmonton with two of the best players in the league are a tire fire and we don't have anything on the roster that compares to those two teams.
Mcdavid seems burned out and injured. Was bound to happen to carry this garbage ass team lol. Im 100% sure both Draisailt and Mcdavid dips from Edmonton

Reactions: OldCraig71

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The Refs gave Xhekaj a penalty at the very end of the game after the whistle), because they didn't want the Habs penalty sheet to be empty.

Habs aren't the most penalized teams because they are dirty, they are the most penalized because the Refs are asked to penalize them at this point.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Turned it off after we went down 5-2. Our PP remains complete dogshit.

Slaf had a good game and I like him with CC and Suzer.

Let's put Slaf on the PP1 for Anderson and try Guhle/Barron in the Matheson spot.

I love Barron's nose for the net. I expect many more games like this this year. Especially without a legit second line scoring threat in Dach.

Patience my friends. Let's get that top 10 pick and swing for a dynamic scorer.

Dach back next year. Wawa graduated.

Our future...

Slaf - Suzuki - Cole
Roy - Dach - Demidov
***** - Monahan - Newhook

At least we aren't the Sharks.

Reactions: G0bias and Pomee

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
People should refer to this game when they whine that we take a defenceman at 5th overall.

The entirety of the defence, minus Guhle and Xhekaj, were absolute dogshit tonight.
Barron saved a few opportunities, he was better than Xhekaj for the transition game in my opinion. Kovacevic Matheson were the real issues, Harris is transparent and Xhekaj did not generate much either.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
I’m not loving the Newhook pick. He’s great in open ice when he can put on his afterburners but the second he’s in traffic he’s useless. Also his passes are way off. Not sure what’s needed to bring him back to his Boston college Vancouver giants production and potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad