GDT: 6/8/21 - 6:30PM EDT - #3CD Tampa Bay @ #1CD Carolina [CDF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
I also feel a canes win tonite. They’ll have an intensity that sometimes we fail to match in similar situations...

Plus I would expect us to get maybe 2 PPs all game, & Carolina to have a few more based on last game’s result. Surely Canes deserved the penalties they got, but I’d imagine there will be some weak calls tonite. This is something Cooper & his staff SHOULD BE PREACHING to the team tonite (kuch!)...and to be mindful of any post-whistle, retaliation BS, that could result in a penalty. The refs will be looking for any reason to make a call, & if our guys don’t realize that, then shame on them

Reactions: berlin

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
giphy.gif

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Honestly, I hope we go 11/7. Spread the D minutes out and shut them down at the red line. It frustrates them and springs our odd man rushes, which means we win.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Honestly, I hope we go 11/7. Spread the D minutes out and shut them down at the red line. It frustrates them and springs our odd man rushes, which means we win.
That’s not going to happen unless Colton gets scratched. Do we really want that?

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
That’s not going to happen unless Colton gets scratched. Do we really want that?

Would rather scratch Maroon. He's been too slow, killing our breakaways. But I'd rather shut them down and give them the unexpected. If Trochek and Nit are at 80% they'll skate by him like he's a Sustr.

Edit to add since I was interrupted by work...

This is the game where you take their best shot, counterpunch, and knock them out at the end of the 1st and throughout the 2nd period. We need a strong defensive effort and putting Hedman out for 28 minutes, McDaddy for 25, and Serge for 22 isn't a great idea. Just my 2 cents of observing our team the past few years.

Last edited:

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Would rather scratch Maroon. He's been too slow, killing our breakaways. But I'd rather shut them down and give them the unexpected. If Trochek and Nit are at 80% they'll skate by him like he's a Sustr.

Edit to add since I was interrupted by work...

This is the game where you take their best shot, counterpunch, and knock them out at the end of the 1st and throughout the 2nd period. We need a strong defensive effort and putting Hedman out for 28 minutes, McDaddy for 25, and Serge for 22 isn't a great idea. Just my 2 cents of observing our team the past few years.

I get it. Maroon sucks at hockey. We all want him out, but it will never happen so there is no point talking about it.

He’s in the line up for a reason and it’s his character. When you start reading into it, he might be one of the best “glue” guys in the league.

for anyone that has the athletic I recommend reading the most recent article on Maroon

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
I get it. Maroon sucks at hockey. We all want him out, but it will never happen so there is no point talking about it.

He’s in the line up for a reason and it’s his character. When you start reading into it, he might be one of the best “glue” guys in the league.

for anyone that has the athletic I recommend reading the most recent article on Maroon

I love Maroon. But this is a bad matchup for him. He's not capable of initiating an effective forecheck and he's late on the backcheck. I would gamble on a Colton-Gourde/Cirelli-Johnson line over Maroon.

Putting Schenn in to limit our liability with Savard seems to be smarter. We need to go full Chuck Norris on them tonight to win.

We must crush them, spiritually, and physically.

OccasionalRecklessEchidna-size_restricted.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I need this to end tonight. Won't be able to watch live on Thursday, and watching late is a pain. I have to avoid the score, which I sometimes find out in the weirdest f***ing ways.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I need this to end tonight. Won't be able to watch live on Thursday, and watching late is a pain. I have to avoid the score, which I sometimes find out in the weirdest f***ing ways.
The worst is when someone who doesn't care at all about sports suddenly gets excited to tell you a score because they know you're a fan.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I can second this. I found out that we won against the Jackets in five OT last year when I randomly googled longest playoff games in history for my gf while I was watching the game the next morning. The game wasn't even in OT by that time.

Might have been for the better though. I don't know if I could've handled watching that without knowing the result :laugh:

Reactions: DFC

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Think our championship experience comes into play here. Get a lead and shut things down. Vasy will be tested but if we can get ahead, I think we'll weather the storm with a shutdown effort and advance. First goal is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad