GDT: 6/8/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Chicago [SCF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Man...listening to Chicago fans you'd think we are down 0-3. TB has been lucky. Chicago has lost these games not TB winning them. We shouldn't be on the same ice as them and we shouldn't have a hockey team either.

Read my post above #620.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Not that these things matter but did Pierre not sound so happy when the Blackhawks scored their goal and then nothing when TB scored shortly after? It's like we are constantly watching the away teams broadcast and analysis. It's always what can Chicago do to get better, what can NY do to get even, what are the Canadiens doing wrong? Never what is TB doing right. It's not possible that TB is just doing the right things. Whatever. Haters can hate.

I think Pierre is always like that with regard to the home team, because if the home team scores, then the arena is loud and he's trying to be heard in spite of that. He doesn't have to be so loud when the road team scores. It's something that I noticed when watching the clip of the back-and-forth goals, yes, but I would have to imagine that if we took a look at some of the goals in Game 2, Pierre was probably louder after the Tampa Bay goals.

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
You're the lone gun man buddy. On the main board and the Chicago board...it should be 3-0 Hawks. And don't even think of using the name Bolts...gotta problem with that too.

I like the "bolts" name so we will leave that there. I said it here .... I don't care what anybody else says, this is going to be a really tough series for Chicago. I didn't need to be a clairvoyant or have a crystal ball to see that.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I like the "bolts" name so we will leave that there. I said it here .... I don't care what anybody else says, this is going to be a really tough series for Chicago. I didn't need to be a clairvoyant or have a crystal ball to see that.

Thanks for being a good sports fan. It does not go unnoticed.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Speaking of the announcers...one of the best (stupidest) comments came from Emrick in the final 2 mins. "They are all standing...and no one told them to"...wtf?

I was standing in my house and no one told me to. Then we scored. Then we won.

I was jumping then.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I come in peace, like most Pens fans i root for the Bolts (if you visit our SC thread you will see proof of that). Your team has been my second favorite from one season before the Bolts won their 1rst cup.

I hope the refs don't screw this up & you get another cup so...

GO BOLTS! crush'em! pulverise, annihilate & obliterate the Hawks!

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation

But, you did have a Cristobal...

*badum tiss*

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...es-from-lightning-blackhawks-game-3-1.3105323

The Tampa Bay Lightning stormed into the United Center in Chicago on Monday and defeated the Blackhawks 3-2 to take a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven Stanley Cup final.

Here are three stories from Game 3:

Bishop starts, finishes

Much of the talk prior to Game 3 surrounded the status of Lightning goalie Ben Bishop. There was speculation he was dealing with an injury serious enough to keep him out of action.

But after leaving Tampa's Game 2 victory twice for a reason that has still not been revealed, Bishop led his team onto the ice and went the distance, making 36 saves.

Although Bishop was mum about his condition, there were times during the game when is was tough not to think he was battling some sort of pain.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=770292&cmpid=nhl-fb

CHICAGO -- Brian Boyle had no idea who Cedric Paquette was when the Tampa Bay Lightning opened training camp last September.

Boyle signed with the Lightning as an unrestricted free agent after having helped the New York Rangers reach the Stanley Cup Final three months earlier, and was trying to ease his way into his first camp with his new team.

Paquette wouldn't let him.
The rookie forward's attempt to earn a roster spot was a thorn in Boyle's side throughout camp, and even though Paquette ended up getting cut, he left an impression.

"I was like, 'Who the hell is this kid?' I didn't know him," Boyle said. "Since then, he's been a huge asset for our team. I get to [penalty] kill with him. He's learned so much, he's come so far this year."

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Not that these things matter but did Pierre not sound so happy when the Blackhawks scored their goal and then nothing when TB scored shortly after? It's like we are constantly watching the away teams broadcast and analysis. It's always what can Chicago do to get better, what can NY do to get even, what are the Canadiens doing wrong? Never what is TB doing right. It's not possible that TB is just doing the right things. Whatever. Haters can hate.

NBC's bias is borderline unprofessional, it already happened when we won game 7 at MSG. Emrick was like announcing a freaking funeral FFS. Last night Pierre couldn't hide he wetted his pants in the first period when "Toews' line is out there with the match-up they wanted against X pairing or Y line !!!!!".

**** them.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Anyone know what SFY said to them at the first intermission, or did he just look at them, like the owner of a dog that that knows they have done something wrong.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Anyone know what SFY said to them at the first intermission, or did he just look at them, like the owner of a dog that that knows they have done something wrong.

I think if he said anything it was what LF24 showed in that video, I don't think he said much, maybe checked on na few of the injured plsayer but mostly I just think he wanted to show that he was behind the team and that he believed in them.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I think if he said anything it was what LF24 showed in that video, I don't think he said much, maybe checked on na few of the injured plsayer but mostly I just think he wanted to show that he was behind the team and that he believed in them.

And don't call me Shirley :)

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
23 games 31 of 63 post season goals

drej 8 goals 8 assists plus 7
tyjo 13 goals 10 assists plus 8
clutch 10 goals 1s assists plus 9

they are showing the world they are for real wow

Its a fluke! Palat is nothing but a bottom six grinder, Johnson is too small to be anything special and is just a flash in the pan. Kucherov is to much of a Russian prima donna to being able to be effective in Playoff hockey! :naughty:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
23 games 31 of 63 post season goals

drej 8 goals 8 assists plus 7
tyjo 13 goals 10 assists plus 8
clutch 10 goals 1s assists plus 9

they are showing the world they are for real wow

Stamkos takes all the tough match-ups though

I swear I read that somewhere just yesterday. :laugh:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Some ammos for the main boards. Woodley says what some of us have been saying, in short we're outplaying Chicago 5v5 and forcing them to take shots from the perimeter. Also most of their shots in game 3 came off the rush. Great read.

More than half the shots Bishop faced were clean looks (20) while only 11 of the 32 shots faced by Crawford were clean. Also, 19 of the 38 shots Bishop faced came from outside the "home plate" area which extends from the edge of the crease to the faceoff dots and up to the top of the circles.

Save-Attributes-Game-3.jpg

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=770340&navid=DL|NHL|home

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I thought Hossa had a monster game yesterday, he's the only blackhawk to have Hedman's number in this series, can't blame him though, when a guy that strong can skate like the wind, it's hard to defend against. He's a player I see Palat developing into if he adds more muscle.

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
Leafs fan here.

I'm rooting for my Atlantic Division brethren. I'm tired of the Western Conference dominance from Chicago/LA. Plus Stammer having experience as a cup winner will come in handy when he comes home next summer to play for the Leafs. ;) I kid, I kid.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Leafs fan here.

I'm rooting for my Atlantic Division brethren. I'm tired of the Western Conference dominance from Chicago/LA. Plus Stammer having experience as a cup winner will come in handy when he comes home next summer to play for the Leafs. ;) I kid, I kid.

We'll just be happy to see you competitive again. We're getting bored beating Montreal.;):D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad