GDT: 6/8/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Chicago [SCF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
We know better than anyone that amazing stats such as this can be broken.

edit: out of context my response to a picture doesn't make sense. I was replying to your response though

That's a pretty solid stat about away teams, game 3, 1-1 split in the Cup Final. And that picture is in response to that. IF, and I only say IF because it is not done, we can steal one more in Chicago, the odds are so against them it is not even funny.

It is very unlikely (allegedly) that Chicago could sweep 3 from Tampa if they lose on Wednesday.

Edit to add: Chicago realists are freaking out about last night's game also; they now realize they can not trade 30+ shots per games with our offense as they know Crawful(their name) could give up 5 goals easily.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
That's a pretty solid stat about away teams, game 3, 1-1 split in the Cup Final. And that picture is in response to that. IF, and I only say IF because it is not done, we can steal one more in Chicago, the odds are so against them it is not even funny.

It is very unlikely (allegedly) that Chicago could sweep 3 from Tampa if they lose on Wednesday.

Edit to add: Chicago realists are freaking out about last night's game also; they now realize they can not trade 30+ shots per games with our offense as they know Crawful(their name) could give up 5 goals easily.

I am just trying to be realistic, and temper my hopes.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Some additional thoughts after thinking about the game today...

1)We got lucky to win, period. We should've been down 3-1 after the first period. Can't have that happen next game. 19 shots in the first period, sheesh.

2)Nesterov only playing 4:57 is baffling. We need to figure out a way to get him some time for either Carle or Sustr, period.

3)The Hawks were likely focused on shooting at Bishop's glove coming into this series, but now they'll be thinking about shooting low too. Perhaps this is a case of them having too many good options.

4)We simply must be better with the PP. Us getting one good chance in a 90 second 5 on 3 was embarrassing.

I predict Chicago in 3.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If anything it's just .500 hockey now. The gravity has to set in to the Lightning locker room that immortality is at the doorstep and we have the keys to the mansion. Palat, Johnson and Killorn (not surprisingly 3 of our 5 most important offensive players) were part of that Calder Cup championship that Cooper coached with and dominated. I don't find it a coincidence that core group of players is back in another championship at the highest level in the world.

Though it was merely at the AHL level it proves then and even now that they had the killer instinct, the heart and will to be a champion that year. Whatever they dug down and deep and reached for has to be harnessed into the 2 hardest fought wins of their lives. Because if any team can take it from them it's the Blackhawks.

If we win tomorrow on the road in the same spectacular form as we've been watching for almost 2 months now... we CAN do this and be the 2 time champion Tampa Bay Lightning.

I know the guys will never see this but I will say it anyway

Do not hold back
Do not give up
Strike first before the enemy strikes you
Take them for everything they have
Break their hearts tomorrow and you will bend their will
BE a champion and you will BECOME champion
Safe is death

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
2)Nesterov only playing 4:57 is baffling. We need to figure out a way to get him some time for either Carle or Sustr, period.

The only rookies that have seen consistent ice time in the playoffs under Cooper were Paquette, Palat and Johnson in 2014 (hard to count Barberio and Sustr 2 or 3 games last year vs Montréal since our depth at the blueline was an incommensurable joke), Nesterov is playing defense, a position with more responsibilities moreover. The rest of them have been healthy scratches for the majority of the time. Carle or Sustr won't play less for Nesterov, we have to accept Cooper doesn't trust rookies, maybe for a good reason, a reason I'm not aware of seeing how our 3rd pairing has been totally abused by Chicago's speed and skills so far. So unless injuries, getting 3 goals down in the first period or the Hawks giving us 10 PP opportunities Nestea's ice-time will remain rather low in the SCF.

The simple fact that Cooper decided to put a rookie dman, with our present depth, into the line-up for 16 games already speaks volume about Nestea's progression since called-up though. Just re-watched the 2 first games of the Detroit series and you can see he has a bright future in this league, he had some insane shifts.

Still I'm not sure if I'd rather not see 10 minutes of Drouin instead of Nesterov at the moment, if Cooper just doesn't use him more than 3, 4 minutes a game, Drouin would be more useful.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
The only rookies that have seen consistent ice time in the playoffs under Cooper were Paquette, Palat and Johnson in 2014 (hard to count Barberio and Sustr 2 or 3 games last year vs Montréal since our depth at the blueline was an incommensurable joke), Nesterov is playing defense, a position with more responsibilities moreover. The rest of them have been healthy scratches for the majority of the time. Carle or Sustr won't play less for Nesterov, we have to accept Cooper doesn't trust rookies, maybe for a good reason, a reason I'm not aware of seeing how our 3rd pairing has been totally abused by Chicago's speed and skills so far. So unless injuries, getting 3 goals down in the first period or the Hawks giving us 10 PP opportunities Nestea's ice-time will remain rather low in the SCF.

The simple fact that Cooper decided to put a rookie dman, with our present depth, into the line-up for 16 games already speaks volume about Nestea's progression since called-up though. Just re-watched the 2 first games of the Detroit series and you can see he has a bright future in this league, he had some insane shifts.

Still I'm not sure if I'd rather not see 10 minutes of Drouin instead of Nesterov at the moment, if Cooper just doesn't use him more than 3, 4 minutes a game, Drouin would be more useful.

So you'd rather see 18 minutes of Carle-Sustr. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad