GDT: 6/7/22 - 8:00PM EDT - New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I thought we actually played reasonably well in games 1 and 2 minus the insane amount of giveaways. Once we tightened up defensively and our passes started connecting we looked like a completely different team.

Game 1 could've turned out totally differently if Kuch and/or Stammer had buried some of the Grade A's they had in that game. The final might've been a blowout but all of those (+ Hedman's post shot) happened while it was either tied or the Rangers up a goal. The game got out of hand after that. Game 2, some of that stuff also applies though I don't know to what extent I'd say. That we gave up goals in the opening 90 seconds three times in six periods at MSG didn't help whatsoever either; early period goals are always something of a backbreaker and two of them were in the 3rd periods of each game too, putting Game 1 more-or-less out of reach and putting us in a two-goal hole right out of the dressing room in Game 2.

As long as we can keep the discipline and defensive play in tact, I'm not worried about MSG.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
FB_IMG_1654659612135.jpg

Hilarious...their fans are more disrespectful than leaf fans. It's only 2-2 but I like how we are playing

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
See the nhl has never liked the Lightning. In 2004, every broadcast was against them ,but the games put in by the guys proved them wrong. The nhl doesn't like the fact that we won........I went to Toronto and saw it first hand everywhere i went.....
"Boo hoo, the league doesn't like the Lightning and never has." WTF are you talking about? TB is the best run organization in the NHL and according to many, the best in pro sports. Others may be jealous of what TB has achieved but they all want to be just like them and there is certainly nothing going on at the league level other than trying to get other teams to emulate the model.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Big key to the game tonight was not taking a ton of penalties. The only time they've been super threatening has been on the pp. Play smart and hard.

Can I get in trouble for "reporting" a post in the series thread just to remind them to unlock it, lol
Just fyi, I did exactly that and am still ok

I sent the message " set my people free"

Seems I'm good.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
I think we can win Game 5, Injuries are starting to mount for the Rangers and we are actually playing like a B2B Cup champ again and Vasy is Vasy again. All of that to me means we can win game 5 if the team puts in an entire game's worth of effort.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Got to think Cooper keeps it 12/6. Certainly has changed the way the forwards are playing now they aren't chopping and changing lines.
Exactly right. With the lines just always in a blender all game it's hard to sustain any kind of chemistry. Sure guys have played together before but one shift together and the next with others. Hard to build off good previous shifts. Learn where each other will be. Certain plays, etc.

Cirelli line and Kuch lines have both been doing their jobs terrifically, the switch back to 12/6 was needed. Good on Coop.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Man, sometimes I feel for the guys who were with us right up until the cups started rolling in. The two that always come to mind first are Callahan and Stralman. Callahan's body obviously gave out on him before the end, but it feels to me like both of those guys helped get us where we are now.

Don't forget Bishop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad