Post-Game Talk: 6-5 loss (7 game losing streak) bringin on the heartbreak

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
There's a lot of reasons were checkmated, even if Ebs and RNH put in 70 pt seasons with defensive accountability, which they won't we still have big issues.

I think a huge part of Seguin's success has been a fire to prove Boston wrong and that he is among the best. All of those rumors about him partying may be true but if he dominates on the ice what does it matter.

Well, given Sequins 100% conditioned physique it seems apparent that his focus and lifestyle is entire.

motivation to prove Boston wrong? Sure, stated similar. He's doing it in spades, and Bruins are struggling. Big bad Bruins wouldn't even be a playoff team now in this conference. Really another off year.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Most comments fair, and agreed with. But really if Hopkins and Eberle haven't been enough for Hall to succeed then as I stated we are truly rooked. checkmated as it were.

In anycase its never a complete known. Sequin handled the Bruins rejection with outstanding resolve and bounceback that is really quite incredible. All the credit to him.

I like your tactics on reeling someone in.

It's in that "gray area" if I've ever seen it.

Good on both Hall and Seguin. They're both having good careers, and neither is sufficiently ahead of one another to really justify who the better pick was.

It's in the past and we have a good one here in Hall.

That's all that counts in the end.

An actual good pick! :D

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Most comments fair, and agreed with. But really if Hopkins and Eberle haven't been enough for Hall to succeed then as I stated we are truly rooked. checkmated as it were.
Oh no doubt. Its why you and I both knew that tanking for draft picks was a bad idea from the start. You can't make a team to play in today's NHL just by scratching the same lotto ticket over and over again. If you can't make good trades, can't develop any draft picks past the first round, can't sign any decent FAs you will become a team where too many guys are shoehorned into roles they can't succeed at. Lots of duplication and lots of holes.
In anycase its never a complete known. Sequin handled the Bruins rejection with outstanding resolve and bounceback that is really quite incredible. All the credit to him.
Absolutely. He's stuffing it in the Bs face right now. Must feel pretty good.

Mowgli

Nov 14, 2014
Well, given Sequins 100% conditioned physique it seems apparent that his focus and lifestyle is entire.

motivation to prove Boston wrong? Sure, stated similar. He's doing it in spades, and Bruins are struggling. Big bad Bruins wouldn't even be a playoff team now in this conference. Really another off year.

You do know it's Seguin, not Sequin, right?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Didn't Messier coach a Spengler Cup team...? It almost seems like going to Switzerland would fit the Oilers M.O. and build their core competencies.

Haven't read this anywhere. But Canada was runner-up in 2010 Spengler Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad