GDT: 6/3/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers [ECF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
We're obviously capable of winning the next two (or more) games, but for it to happen guys like Killorn, Hagel, Maroon, Bellemare, and Colton are going to have to step up. They've been invisible this series and with Point out and Vasy out of rhythm that's when depth guys really matter.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Its gonna take a bloody miracle to take both games in Tampa

Well, with that attitude it will. Despite what I said about our historical problems at home, fact is this is the situation they've put themselves in. That old adage about "you're never in trouble until you lose at home"? They're going to have to prove it. That they've struggled before is immaterial; they have to not struggle this time only. They're still good enough to get back in this series, but they're going to have to have to figure things out. The best players on the roster were some of the worst players on the ice tonight. Good luck ever winning when that's the case.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
The whole narrative the broadcast is making, and these boards BTW, about Igor being better is hilarious. Igor would be down 0-2 with this trash ass effort in front of him.
Igor looks bad when he's facing shots. Pens ran him out of net and we can too. We are just wasting too many opportunities with cross ice passes. Barely putting any pressure on him. Need to come up with a better scheme to get looks we can make him look bad on. Vasi first goal was pretty bad so in this series at least igor is playing better so far.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Without Point the Lightning have scored more than 2 goals once in the last 7 games. 5 of those wins to their credit but the offense has dried up.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
3rd line gone

Hagel sucks

No Point

Vasy letting in cheapies

Kuch paid off

4th line are slugs

Outcoached?

Too much time off

Rags are underrated

A lot of differences from the past two Cup winning seasons.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I still believe!
Say it louder for the people in the back

C1h8NQo.jpg

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Being down 2-0 sucks but I'd be a lot more worried if we had played well and still lost...can't get much worse than this.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I sympathize with you guys. Pens losing to Washington in 2018 only happened because of fatigue and stupid cap shit.

I think you can still pull this back to 2-2.

I appreciate the kind words, but I feel very meh about losing. We're getting outplayed and I'm surprised we made it this far. We got lucky to play a team with no killer instinct and a paper tiger. The last week of optimism is probably rhe only time I've felt we've had a chance all year.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
"A series does not start until you lose at home"

Guys, have you realized that, if we lose at home, the series won't start...but it will be over?

Reactions: Peltz

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I do wonder how this series would be if Point was healthy. He's our spark plug. We could really use his speed and zone entries. He's the motor that just keeps going and we desperately need his goal scoring

I feel bad for him, very likely it's the only time in his career his team competes for a 3-peat and he has to sit and watch. If we can somehow manage to advance and he returns for the Finals it would be a huge boost for this team.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Well, with that attitude it will. Despite what I said about our historical problems at home, fact is this is the situation they've put themselves in. That old adage about "you're never in trouble until you lose at home"? They're going to have to prove it. That they've struggled before is immaterial; they have to not struggle this time only. They're still good enough to get back in this series, but they're going to have to have to figure things out. The best players on the roster were some of the worst players on the ice tonight. Good luck ever winning when that's the case.
I mean we are riding a 4 game home win streak technically

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I'm gonna quote something I wrote elsewhere earlier today.

I'm not going to discuss the mental fatigue angle because it's unquantifiable, but I do think we, as fans, have a tendency to overstate physical fatigue sometimes when thinking, for instance, "man I hope [Rangers-Hurricanes] goes 7 and the winner wears themselves out". Think about it - the Rangers are pretty much on a game-off-game-off schedule right now, and have been for this entire postseason. Game-off-game-off is more-or-less how the regular season schedule works, and it's the kind of schedule hockey players want. If nothing else, athletes are notorious creatures of habit and Rangers players right now are completely dialed in on their gameday habits and their off day habits.

That's just the way things go. Obviously the Lightning did what they should've done up 3-0 vs. Florida, and that's goes for the kill. You don't play with your food, after all; you don't "throw" a game to try and avoid having an overly-long lay-off between rounds. But I can say that, once I saw that we were playing a Wednesday Game 1 no matter what, that I honestly preferred Carolina end things against New York after Game 6. Not only because I preferred the matchup, but maybe Carolina gets a little bit off after three days of no hockey themselves, either. Because, as it was, we got a matchup between one team that's locked in right now, and one team that was really off their game mentally. I don't think physical rust was a problem, but boy were the details just awful. Nothing close to how utterly locked in they looked against the Panthers.
Completely agree with taking out Florida in 4 games. I think with the way we were defending, laying out to block shots, exerting effort to play the way we did, we would have lost that series the longer it went. I don't believe we could have done what we did in Games 1-3 and even game 4 to an extent for a 7 game series. It was too taxing. And we needed that week off to recover from those games, especially losing a recovery day with the back to back.

Like you said, Rangers are playing like their 2nd round never ended. Maybe playing two 7-game series eventually takes a toll on them, but we can't really think about that. It's all on us to figure this out and claw our way back on our own.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
I appreciate the kind words, but I feel very meh about losing. We're getting outplayed and I'm surprised we made it this far. We got lucky to play a team with no killer instinct and a paper tiger. The last week of optimism is probably rhe only time I've felt we've had a chance all year.
I'm in the same boat. I never thought we would win it again with this team but damn they made it to the ecf. Rangers are still new at this so I wouldn't be surprised if they choked this 2 game series lead. Would be fun to laugh at their whiny fans but I like the rangers team ok.

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
"Tampa hasn't lost 3 in a row all year"

*proceeds to lose 3 in a row in 2015 to lose the cup*

I don't buy the statistics thing. It's great and shows poise, composure, etc but eventually it ends. Now what? Cause the identity of the team has changed throughout and the way they managed the game from the best to the worst on the team was awful. You can't just slap the statistic on the table and hope the other team gets scared like it's a nerd card competition.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
The Rags might actually force us to skate the puck and shoot.

Silver lining to getting dad dicked for two games.

Kuch's response: "I'll f***in do it (pass through traffic ) again. Hold my Bud Light."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad