kGUG5c7.png

wWfE4RP.png

326Um4f.png

bLRluUi.png

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
One thing I feel like has been a theme throughout these meetings this season has been the Rangers having a much better time in the 2nd period than we are. The long change has really been giving us problems, and that's annoying because that's as much of a discipline problem as much as it is anything else. The 2nd period in Game 1 was really where the mental rust of nine days off showed up for us. I don't really think there was any physical signs of that - you don't control the 1st period of a game when you're rusty - but the details were miserable. Coverage issues, lack of rotation, just made things way too easy for the Rangers and they have players capable of taking advantage of that - I don't in my life think Carolina beats us 6-2 in any game if we'd met them. That Stamkos and Kucherov, of all players, flubbed multiple Grade A's while it was still a close/tie game didn't help at all either.

Clean up the details, and I think there's a good chance we get this to 1-1 coming home. Game 1 against Toronto was worse than that and we cleaned it up pretty quickly for Game 2. As bad as it was, it was only one game. But we're definitely putting a lot of eggs in this game tonight...given that we've never been a strong home team, I can't say coming home needing to win both games to tie it up will make me all that comfortable, so this is very close to "must win" realm for me.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Hi everyone!!!
Just win tonight: I want to see the urgency is out guys. Our defense has to play at his best: I don't want to see all the mistakes we saw 2 days ago.
Play like champions!
Go Bolts!!!

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Last game NY was pretty good. They converted on their chances but....

They got a few good puck luck bounces. Their 4th goal I think where 4 guys converged on a puck and they all bounced away and the puck did not move sitting on a tee in the slot.

Vasy played poorly.

Defense made some mistakes

They got a seriously terrible call where they scored on the PP

So, if we get better puck luck, Vasy is Vasy, our defense firms up and we don't get hosed I feel good about our chances. Rangers are the most complete team we've faced so far so nothing will be easy but I don't think game 1 is a full indication (unless Vasy forgot how to play in the last 10 days).

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I know we tend to flub Game 1's but I don't have high expectations for this series. The Rangers are a comparable team on paper and have a good coach, and they've closed some of the experience gap in their first two series. We're banged up and in a hole, this could turn south really quickly.

Just here for the ride, our guys always have a chance at winning. We've already made it farther than I expected this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad